birdwhacker said:
kobeanbry24 said:
Crowreap said:
kobeanbry24 said:
Crowreap said:
kobeanbry24 said:
Crowreap said:
kobeanbry24 said:
Crowreap said:
kobeanbry24 said:
Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.
Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.
I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?
Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.

Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
To me, dry lips plus chugging electrolyte drinks points to dehydration.
Allow me to red pill you about electrolytes, if you don't mind:
If a bottle of electrolyte drink contains under 800mg of potassium, it's a rip-off. Coconut water ranks among the top potassium sources, and sodium is rarely something most people struggle to get enough of.
A product such as "Dr. Berg Electrolyte Powder" sold on Amazon removes the guesswork around potassium. Each serving delivers 1000mg of potassium — a dose that works without crossing into risky territory (certain products pack 2g of potassium). Potassium's RDA sits around 4g daily. For my part, I'd add salt to something like this. In-fact, that's exactly what I do each morning.
Don't sleep on salt. First thing in the morning, a bit fucking pinch of table salt stirred into a glass of water will fix 90% of your electrolyte problems and probably outperform pricey fruity hydration drinks. Make it strong enough that the water tastes somewhat salty rather than merely a little odd, yet not salty the way seawater is. Strong enough that you can say, "yes, this is indeed salt water." That's your morning dose. Along that route, any product containing under 200mg of sodium won't hydrate you effectively.
Most mornings I simply shake an assload of salt into a glass together with potassium salt, eyeballed at a 1:3 ratio. When I drink this, I seldom need more electrolytes later on unless I'm sweating a ton.
This ball knowledge has been life changing for me and I hope you take it to heart.