Dosing schedule

My plan was to begin at a low dose and increase gradually, sticking with each step for about 1 month before moving upward. The amount I need to shed isn't huge—roughly 20 to 30 pounds. My thinking was that after reaching that target, I'd taper back down slowly, provided I could keep my weight steady. But after seeing so many others describe moving up in dose so fast, I'm second-guessing whether my approach makes sense.
 
FreshAndEasy said:

My plan was to begin at a low dose and increase gradually, sticking with each step for about 1 month before moving upward. The amount I need to shed isn't huge—roughly 20 to 30 pounds. My thinking was that after reaching that target, I'd taper back down slowly, provided I could keep my weight steady. But after seeing so many others describe moving up in dose so fast, I'm second-guessing whether my approach makes sense.
Your reasoning seems sound to me. From what I've come across, a common approach is to begin at a low dose, check how well it's working, watch for any side effects, and then tweak things accordingly?

Edit: yep, that's literally what titrate means lol I just Googled it
 
kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
There's dryness on my lips too. My guess is that the daily calorie deficit is behind it — these days I chill quickly and without much effort. So it seems likely the same thing is happening on your end: the cold could be what's leaving us so dehydrated, with lips drying out and an ashy sensation all over. I'm putting on lotion nonstop at this point.
 
Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
There's dryness on my lips too. My guess is that the daily calorie deficit is behind it — these days I chill quickly and without much effort. So it seems likely the same thing is happening on your end: the cold could be what's leaving us so dehydrated, with lips drying out and an ashy sensation all over. I'm putting on lotion nonstop at this point.
I'm only at the beginning of this, yet what I've noticed so far is a sensation of being warmer rather than actually hot. Dehydration doesn't seem like the culprit right now, since my urine is hay colored, which indicates I'm hydrated adequately. On top of that, I use lotion and lip balm 2 times per day.
 
birdwhacker said:


Consistency is key. I haven't really lost anything this last week because my appetite has been getting the better of me, and I don't have access to a gym so I rely on cardio alone to push it along. I also have an extremely unfulfilling personal life and am unemployed; the earlier progress and the current plateau can both be attributed to this in a way, lol.

That's a problem I wouldn't mind having.

I think appetite suppression was the best for me around the 3 week mark, at 2.3mg per week.

Starting weight was 236, current weight is around 217. 6 foot white male. Goal weight is 185, but when I get closer to 200 or the appetite suppression wears off I'm going to have to rethink my approach and gain access to a gym. I'm not a particularly motivated individual and I have poor self control, so this is all pretty difficult.

Thanks for asking me about my favorite topic 🙂

Click to expand...
honestly that's a nice dilemma to be in haha! don't stress, you'll reach it sooner or later. like you mentioned, staying consistent matters most.

as for my actual body fat percentage, I have no clue what the real number is. the scale I've got says 11%, though I can't say whether it's all that reliable. regardless, I'm starting to look pretty wild — veins popping out all over the place and that sort of thing.

regarding your appetite suppression kicking in around week three, I figure that makes sense since the half-life comes out to six days. when you inject every week, the reta levels stack up inside your body, and the strength goes up along with it. on top of that — and I'm not certain this holds up — I believe that as the pounds come off gradually, the reta ends up hitting harder, because you've got more of it circulating while there's less of you overall, if that tracks. another thing: you'll probably want to get into the gym and make sure you're taking in enough protein, since you don't want muscle disappearing alongside the fat. and if you need a push, I'm here for you!! don't sweat it, stick with it, and one day you'll be at that goal weight!! 💪💪
 
With Reta, I simply followed the dosing chart that comes up when you search for Retatrutide dosing. I've now moved from Reta over to Tirz because the food noise was STRONG while on Reta and I wasn't losing — in fact, I put on 5-10lbs. I didn't taper; I stopped the reta abruptly and jumped right into Tirz at the week 4 dose, and it hasn't bothered me at all, plus the food noise has quieted down a LOT. That said, a .5mg weekly bump really isn't a big increase. I'd suggest using the dosage charts, though unlike Sema and Tirz there are several of them out there, so just choose whichever suits you. Also, if you're not switching compounds, there's no reason to titrate DOWN — simply to come off it, stopping cold turkey won't cause you any harm.
 
I'd recommend beginning with 1mg and observing the results. A fair number of individuals do perfectly well on 1mg and never have to increase it, but rather than mapping everything out ahead of time, I'd adjust as I go. Locate the smallest dose that gets the job done for you, and hold off on raising it until you sense that it's necessary.
 
kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
There's dryness on my lips too. My guess is that the daily calorie deficit is behind it — these days I chill quickly and without much effort. So it seems likely the same thing is happening on your end: the cold could be what's leaving us so dehydrated, with lips drying out and an ashy sensation all over. I'm putting on lotion nonstop at this point.
I'm only at the beginning of this, yet what I've noticed so far is a sensation of being warmer rather than actually hot. Dehydration doesn't seem like the culprit right now, since my urine is hay colored, which indicates I'm hydrated adequately. On top of that, I use lotion and lip balm 2 times per day.
Then I have no idea what's happening with me, since my urine is clear, meaning I'm taking in a fair amount of water, yet my tongue, throat, and everything there dries out badly whenever I go without water for roughly 10 or 20 minutes, which leaves me taking small sips all day long. So water-wise I might be properly hydrated, but something else has to be going on. The thing is, this didn't show up until after I began reta.
 
Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
There's dryness on my lips too. My guess is that the daily calorie deficit is behind it — these days I chill quickly and without much effort. So it seems likely the same thing is happening on your end: the cold could be what's leaving us so dehydrated, with lips drying out and an ashy sensation all over. I'm putting on lotion nonstop at this point.
Feeling chilly tends to be a fairly typical reaction (mine fluctuates — week 1 stood out the most)
 
Took my 2nd .5mg shot earlier today, which came 4 days after the 1st one. Since I felt really good today and hadn't noticed anything unpleasant by the afternoon, I figured why not go ahead — the weekend is almost here, so if anything does hit me, I can just deal with it while I'm off. 👍🏾
 
IMT11 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
There's dryness on my lips too. My guess is that the daily calorie deficit is behind it — these days I chill quickly and without much effort. So it seems likely the same thing is happening on your end: the cold could be what's leaving us so dehydrated, with lips drying out and an ashy sensation all over. I'm putting on lotion nonstop at this point.
Feeling chilly tends to be a fairly typical reaction (mine fluctuates — week 1 stood out the most)
Feeling cold isn't really something reta causes on its own — it comes from eating in a deficit. Back before I ever touched reta, I'd still feel cold, and that was down to eating just one meal per day. I eat late, so by the time the day is winding down, that's when I feel the chill the most. These days on reta, though, the cold hits me harder than before, since my deficit is larger now.
 
The notion of quitting at a certain point strikes me as worth pondering. Like you, I'm already at a low body fat level, and my reason for taking the medication is to avoid fighting hunger quite so hard. Everyone seems to have some internal threshold where eating stops switching off hunger, and my own threshold would push me toward a much higher weight than where I am now. Getting down to my present weight took years of relentless struggle. With glp1 — which I began only a short time ago — it has become simple. My guess is that once you halt, you'll slide back toward the weight you used to be, though it's impossible to say for sure. I'd like to think otherwise, and that ongoing use won't be necessary for you.
 
JCO79 said:

The notion of quitting at a certain point strikes me as worth pondering. Like you, I'm already at a low body fat level, and my reason for taking the medication is to avoid fighting hunger quite so hard. Everyone seems to have some internal threshold where eating stops switching off hunger, and my own threshold would push me toward a much higher weight than where I am now. Getting down to my present weight took years of relentless struggle. With glp1 — which I began only a short time ago — it has become simple. My guess is that once you halt, you'll slide back toward the weight you used to be, though it's impossible to say for sure. I'd like to think otherwise, and that ongoing use won't be necessary for you.
For me, reta isn't the right fit — or at least it wasn't designed with someone in my situation in mind — yet I'm taking it with the aim of getting really shredded and possibly holding onto that look all year. On top of that, I'm already very lean and cold pretty much 24/7. Once you're at that level of leanness, being hungry is just unavoidable. Even so, while on reta right now I have no hunger and no cravings whatsoever. Because of that, quitting doesn't seem likely for me; I'll most likely stay at 1 mg per week for the rest of my life, unless a dose increase becomes necessary — and I doubt it will, since I've stayed at 1 mg starting four weeks ago. So I really don't see any reason to come off, because after you hit your target weight and the look you want, and you're still basically sticking with that same lifestyle of eating well and training, what's the point of stopping? From what I've read and from many videos I've watched, a lot of people say that once they come off reta, appetite suppression goes away, they get hungry, and that's something I don't want at all. So for me this is more about longevity. Also, I can still eat while on reta — just not the amount I used to. So I think for maintenance and longevity reasons, you'll most likely need it permanently. And if you do come off, you'll feel hungry and might slide back to your previous weight.
 
At some point I figure I'll stay on a maintenance dose indefinitely — for longevity, to feel good, and to keep looking good. Why wouldn't I? These days, especially in my 40s, nothing matters more to me than my health. I want to be here for my family and to get as much out of life as I can.
 
Wow, there's a lot of fascinating stuff in this thread about how side effects vary from person to person. Good to keep in mind in case I ever give it a shot...

I also didn't know about the RHR thing. Is anyone here using a whoop or something like that? I'd love to see some real numbers on it.
 
anonpep said:

Wow, there's a lot of fascinating stuff in this thread about how side effects vary from person to person. Good to keep in mind in case I ever give it a shot...

I also didn't know about the RHR thing. Is anyone here using a whoop or something like that? I'd love to see some real numbers on it.
Happy I decided to take it slow and start low. Tomorrow I'll raise my twice-weekly dose to .7.

Is it true that the elevated resting heart rate becomes a bigger problem once you reach larger doses like 8mg/12mg?
 
kobeanbry24 said:

anonpep said:

Wow, there's a lot of fascinating stuff in this thread about how side effects vary from person to person. Good to keep in mind in case I ever give it a shot...

I also didn't know about the RHR thing. Is anyone here using a whoop or something like that? I'd love to see some real numbers on it.
Happy I decided to take it slow and start low. Tomorrow I'll raise my twice-weekly dose to .7.

Is it true that the elevated resting heart rate becomes a bigger problem once you reach larger doses like 8mg/12mg?
On Reta, my HR rose by 4-6 bpm, moving from 70-72. I'm at 8mg right now. When I checked after waking, it was 68 bpm with O2 at 100%.
 
Back
Top