Dosing schedule

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
 
Boomer99 said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?
My routine includes metabolic conditioning on 4 days each week, and I track my heart rate while training. During workouts, my HR has stayed the same. What’s odd is that my resting HR used to be 60, but within the past 5 days it has dropped to 52. A bit strange.
That drop seems logical to me — as fat comes off and you get leaner, that's the pattern I've seen too: my resting heart rate has fallen noticeably. Cardio also feels far less taxing these days, since I've shed a good amount of weight. Take the treadmill or the stairmaster — they're basically easy mode at this point, and I can keep going for a much longer stretch.
 
Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
 
It always blows my mind when I read about these doses. My starting dose was 0.5mg... After that, I took another 0.5 every 2 days, building up to 2mg within the week.

After that, I held at 1mg per 3 days for a month, and at this point I'm doing 2mg every 3 days. Sure, I probably wouldn't need this much if I didn't have to fight hunger/"food noise" as hard, but that's where I'm at.

When I see people reporting severe side effects at 0.5, I can't help but question whether they're getting the right supplemental nutrition. With my first 0.5mg dose, I had some muscle twitching, skin sensitivity, a heightened sense of smell, and a few other things, but the heightened sense of smell was the only one that stuck around, plus obviously the intended effects such as suppressed hunger/thirst and feeling sick after overeating.
 
Crowreap said:

Boomer99 said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?
My routine includes metabolic conditioning on 4 days each week, and I track my heart rate while training. During workouts, my HR has stayed the same. What’s odd is that my resting HR used to be 60, but within the past 5 days it has dropped to 52. A bit strange.
That drop seems logical to me — as fat comes off and you get leaner, that's the pattern I've seen too: my resting heart rate has fallen noticeably. Cardio also feels far less taxing these days, since I've shed a good amount of weight. Take the treadmill or the stairmaster — they're basically easy mode at this point, and I can keep going for a much longer stretch.
Cardio getting less strenuous is something I can't wait for. My calves are really big, so carrying roughly 40 lbs of extra weight means that after only 3 mins of jumping rope, my calves feel like they're burning. Running is something I like too, but with that added weight, it starts to hurt my knees. On top of that, dropping the belly fat ought to ease my back pain.
 
birdwhacker said:

It always blows my mind when I read about these doses. My starting dose was 0.5mg... After that, I took another 0.5 every 2 days, building up to 2mg within the week.

After that, I held at 1mg per 3 days for a month, and at this point I'm doing 2mg every 3 days. Sure, I probably wouldn't need this much if I didn't have to fight hunger/"food noise" as hard, but that's where I'm at.

When I see people reporting severe side effects at 0.5, I can't help but question whether they're getting the right supplemental nutrition. With my first 0.5mg dose, I had some muscle twitching, skin sensitivity, a heightened sense of smell, and a few other things, but the heightened sense of smell was the only one that stuck around, plus obviously the intended effects such as suppressed hunger/thirst and feeling sick after overeating.
Everyone responds in their own way. My wife has had nothing but good side effects up to now — more energy and what looks like an improved mood. As for me, I got a mild headache and tiredness, and that fatigue caught me off guard since I'd only gotten TRT pellets 10 days earlier. It looks like reta hits me harder than it hits my wife. The upside is that appetite suppression and quieter food noise have already shown up for both of us.

My wife is going to move up to 1mg in week 2. I haven't made up my mind yet and I'm leaning toward staying at .5 for another week before going to 1mg. Supplementation isn't a problem on my end — I'm eating clean, taking my vitamin stack, and getting my water and electrolytes in.
 
kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
 
kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

Boomer99 said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?
My routine includes metabolic conditioning on 4 days each week, and I track my heart rate while training. During workouts, my HR has stayed the same. What’s odd is that my resting HR used to be 60, but within the past 5 days it has dropped to 52. A bit strange.
That drop seems logical to me — as fat comes off and you get leaner, that's the pattern I've seen too: my resting heart rate has fallen noticeably. Cardio also feels far less taxing these days, since I've shed a good amount of weight. Take the treadmill or the stairmaster — they're basically easy mode at this point, and I can keep going for a much longer stretch.
Cardio getting less strenuous is something I can't wait for. My calves are really big, so carrying roughly 40 lbs of extra weight means that after only 3 mins of jumping rope, my calves feel like they're burning. Running is something I like too, but with that added weight, it starts to hurt my knees. On top of that, dropping the belly fat ought to ease my back pain.
Honestly, it's wild how easy the cardio gets. On those machines, I feel like I could just keep going indefinitely. At least that's how it comes across to me. Before, when I wasn't on reta, being on the cardio machines made me incredibly hungry. It was ridiculous. These days my energy is through the roof, and it's strange—I'm pouring sweat, but none of the usual stuff like tiredness or appetite hits me, the things that normally make you want to quit cardio. And if running bothers you, here's an option: what I do is set the treadmill to an incline and keep a reasonable pace, which spares your ankles and knees from getting beaten up.
 
Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
 
birdwhacker said:

It always blows my mind when I read about these doses. My starting dose was 0.5mg... After that, I took another 0.5 every 2 days, building up to 2mg within the week.

After that, I held at 1mg per 3 days for a month, and at this point I'm doing 2mg every 3 days. Sure, I probably wouldn't need this much if I didn't have to fight hunger/"food noise" as hard, but that's where I'm at.

When I see people reporting severe side effects at 0.5, I can't help but question whether they're getting the right supplemental nutrition. With my first 0.5mg dose, I had some muscle twitching, skin sensitivity, a heightened sense of smell, and a few other things, but the heightened sense of smell was the only one that stuck around, plus obviously the intended effects such as suppressed hunger/thirst and feeling sick after overeating.
My own routine is a single 1 mg injection each week. Plenty of others, you included, seem to split things up — an x amount of mg every couple of days, or every three days, for instance. Is there any real difference there? As far as I'm concerned, that 1mg holds up nicely. Nothing comes up that would push me to pin a second time within the same week, though I figure it varies from person to person.
 
Crowreap said:


I just pin one 1 mg per week. I've seen a lot of people, such as yourself, do every x amount of mg per days, like every two days or every three days. Does that make any difference? For me, that 1mg, it does pretty well for me. I don't experience anything that I would need to re-pin again in the same week, but I think everyone's different.

Click to expand...
I only take it to keep my appetite in check. People say that injecting just once a week preserves receptor sensitivity, but that's completely false. Depending on what feels right for you, you can inject every 3, 5, or 7 days. It has a 6 day half life. If appetite control weren't a concern for me, I'd likely inject every 5 or 6 days so that blood levels stay more consistent.

Still, the main upside of injecting every 3 days is appetite suppression. About 4 or 5 days after a dose, I get extremely hungry. Ever since I moved up to 4.6mg weekly, the hunger has actually become tougher to handle. I figure it's largely about my own discipline and lifestyle, plus wanting to keep losing at least 3lbs/wk, but it genuinely has me thinking about stacking cagri or tirz.
 
kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
 
birdwhacker said:


So I use it purely for appetite control. There's a myth that dosing once weekly keeps receptors sensitive, and that's not true at all. You can dose every 3, 5, or 7 days as you feel comfortable. The half life is six days. I think if I wasn't worried about appetite control, I would probably be dosing every five or six days just to keep blood levels steadier.

But yeah, the big benefit to dosing every 3 days is appetite suppression. I become incredibly hungry 4 or 5 days after dosing. Since going up to 4.6mg per week, I've actually found the hunger even harder to deal with. I think it's mostly a discipline and lifestyle issue on my part, and a desire to sustain 3lbs/wk losses minimum, but it really does make me consider adding cagri or tirz to the mix.

Click to expand...
Wow, that weight loss plan is quite intense. For me, I'm dropping roughly 1.5 to 2 pounds weekly at the moment. Occasionally it's only 1 pound per week, but things are slowing since I'm getting too lean. Still, it's wild that your appetite has climbed so much—I haven't had any hunger since about two weeks back, even though I began three weeks ago. And my dose is really low, only 1mg. What were your starting, goal, and current weights?
 
Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
 
Crowreap said:


Oh wow, that's a pretty aggressive weight loss schedule. Right now, I'm at about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week.

Click to expand...
Sticking with it matters most. This past week I basically didn't drop any weight, since my hunger kept winning out, and without a gym membership my only option is cardio to keep things moving. On top of that, my personal life is deeply unsatisfying and I'm out of work; both the early losses and this current stall can kind of be traced back to that, lol.

Crowreap said:


Sometimes it goes to 1 pound a week, but it's slowing down now because I'm getting a bit too lean.

Click to expand...
That's the kind of issue I'd gladly take on.

Crowreap said:


It is pretty crazy, though, how you're experiencing appetite go up quite a bit because I haven't felt hunger since like two weeks ago, and I started three weeks ago. And I'm on such a low dose, just 1mg. whats your starting weight and goal weight and current weight?

Click to expand...
Around week 3, at 2.3mg weekly, the appetite suppression felt strongest to me.

I started at 236 and I'm sitting near 217 now. 6 foot white male. My target is 185, though once I'm nearer 200 or the suppression fades, I'll need to reconsider my plan and get into a gym. I'm not especially driven and my self control is weak, so all of this is quite hard.

Appreciate you asking about the subject I love most 🙂
 
kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
To me, dry lips plus chugging electrolyte drinks points to dehydration.

Allow me to red pill you about electrolytes, if you don't mind:

If a bottle of electrolyte drink contains under 800mg of potassium, it's a rip-off. Coconut water ranks among the top potassium sources, and sodium is rarely something most people struggle to get enough of.

A product such as "Dr. Berg Electrolyte Powder" sold on Amazon removes the guesswork around potassium. Each serving delivers 1000mg of potassium — a dose that works without crossing into risky territory (certain products pack 2g of potassium). Potassium's RDA sits around 4g daily. For my part, I'd add salt to something like this. In-fact, that's exactly what I do each morning.

Don't sleep on salt. First thing in the morning, a bit fucking pinch of table salt stirred into a glass of water will fix 90% of your electrolyte problems and probably outperform pricey fruity hydration drinks. Make it strong enough that the water tastes somewhat salty rather than merely a little odd, yet not salty the way seawater is. Strong enough that you can say, "yes, this is indeed salt water." That's your morning dose. Along that route, any product containing under 200mg of sodium won't hydrate you effectively.

Most mornings I simply shake an assload of salt into a glass together with potassium salt, eyeballed at a 1:3 ratio. When I drink this, I seldom need more electrolytes later on unless I'm sweating a ton.

This ball knowledge has been life changing for me and I hope you take it to heart.
 
birdwhacker said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
To me, dry lips plus chugging electrolyte drinks points to dehydration.

Allow me to red pill you about electrolytes, if you don't mind:

If a bottle of electrolyte drink contains under 800mg of potassium, it's a rip-off. Coconut water ranks among the top potassium sources, and sodium is rarely something most people struggle to get enough of.

A product such as "Dr. Berg Electrolyte Powder" sold on Amazon removes the guesswork around potassium. Each serving delivers 1000mg of potassium — a dose that works without crossing into risky territory (certain products pack 2g of potassium). Potassium's RDA sits around 4g daily. For my part, I'd add salt to something like this. In-fact, that's exactly what I do each morning.

Don't sleep on salt. First thing in the morning, a bit fucking pinch of table salt stirred into a glass of water will fix 90% of your electrolyte problems and probably outperform pricey fruity hydration drinks. Make it strong enough that the water tastes somewhat salty rather than merely a little odd, yet not salty the way seawater is. Strong enough that you can say, "yes, this is indeed salt water." That's your morning dose. Along that route, any product containing under 200mg of sodium won't hydrate you effectively.

Most mornings I simply shake an assload of salt into a glass together with potassium salt, eyeballed at a 1:3 ratio. When I drink this, I seldom need more electrolytes later on unless I'm sweating a ton.

This ball knowledge has been life changing for me and I hope you take it to heart.
Really appreciate it, this info is solid
 
kobeanbry24 said:

birdwhacker said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
To me, dry lips plus chugging electrolyte drinks points to dehydration.

Allow me to red pill you about electrolytes, if you don't mind:

If a bottle of electrolyte drink contains under 800mg of potassium, it's a rip-off. Coconut water ranks among the top potassium sources, and sodium is rarely something most people struggle to get enough of.

A product such as "Dr. Berg Electrolyte Powder" sold on Amazon removes the guesswork around potassium. Each serving delivers 1000mg of potassium — a dose that works without crossing into risky territory (certain products pack 2g of potassium). Potassium's RDA sits around 4g daily. For my part, I'd add salt to something like this. In-fact, that's exactly what I do each morning.

Don't sleep on salt. First thing in the morning, a bit fucking pinch of table salt stirred into a glass of water will fix 90% of your electrolyte problems and probably outperform pricey fruity hydration drinks. Make it strong enough that the water tastes somewhat salty rather than merely a little odd, yet not salty the way seawater is. Strong enough that you can say, "yes, this is indeed salt water." That's your morning dose. Along that route, any product containing under 200mg of sodium won't hydrate you effectively.

Most mornings I simply shake an assload of salt into a glass together with potassium salt, eyeballed at a 1:3 ratio. When I drink this, I seldom need more electrolytes later on unless I'm sweating a ton.

This ball knowledge has been life changing for me and I hope you take it to heart.
Really appreciate it, this info is solid
That's exactly why I'm around, Pimp.
 
birdwhacker said:

kobeanbry24 said:

birdwhacker said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Crowreap said:

kobeanbry24 said:

Not daily—3-4 times weekly. Before I started pinning, muay thai class was 3 days a week for me, but since reta is said to raise heart rate, I'm pausing those classes until I can gauge what my heart rate does under heavy load. Right now I'm at home with jumping rope, push ups, sit ups, squats, dumbbells and hitting the bag.

Usually I do get energized after a workout, though if it's a "im going to kick your asses" class, then the rest of the day I'm not energized.

I've heard reta boosts energy through a higher metabolism and the resulting rise in energy source out put?

Reta raises heart rate, yes — that happens through the resting energy expenditure boost you mentioned. What I can't say for certain is whether that heart rate bump carries over into intense activity, whether that's Muay Thai or standard weight training. My understanding is that it lifts your overall beats per minute, and your resting beats per minute too, as a result of the glucagon effect.
That glucagon effect is fascinating and impressive. What kind of training are you doing at the gym? Did your heart rate show anything that worried you?
My gym routine isn't anything fancy — push, pull, and legs are split up, that's all. There's definitely something to this glucagon effect, I can feel it. Earlier this year I was eating 1500 calories a day without reta, and my sleep was actually pretty solid. Fast forward to now: I'm back at 1500 calories, this time with reta, and my sleep has gotten strange. The tiredness is heavier than it ever was before. Maybe my metabolism has ramped up, since my beats per minute went up — I believe reta is the reason — so by the time bed comes around I'm just more exhausted, and I'm sleeping longer than I did previously. Still, nothing about my heart rate has worried me at any point. What I have noticed on reta is that my metabolism runs much faster, yet because I'm taking it, hunger is completely absent. So I suppose that's a pretty good trade-off.
Getting enough rest helps muscles bounce back. Yeah, those sound like positive outcomes to me too. Day 2 of reta for me and I'm hitting the sack sooner, which is something I'm into — if I'm asleep before 930pm, that's a win in my book. Felt a little sluggish when I got up today, though I'm also on 10mg melatonin and 500 mg Mag Gly. Maybe I'll halve the melatonin and check whether that makes a difference. Good to hear your heart rate didn't throw up any red flags. Cheers 🥂
appreciate it! For me, 9:30 p.m. counts as being up late. LOL. My bedtime is roughly 8 o'clock. Is melatonin actually helpful? I've also come across another peptide, DSIP, which supposedly brings on some kind of sleep state. I'm considering that it could be a good addition. Still, I need to look into it much more before deciding.
Melatonin hits me pretty hard, honestly. I use the gummy kind. Once I've taken it, roughly 10 minutes pass and I'm out — that is, as long as I'm not scrolling on my phone or with the TV running. On top of that, it works as a strong anti-oxidant too. I'll also play rain sounds, which signals to my brain that sleep time has arrived. Good sleep matters a great deal to me now, so I have black out curtains; I've figured out that the darker the room, the better the sleep you get.
Yep, that's my routine too. I keep the room completely dark, use a noise machine, and keep it chilly. Because I work out early in the morning, I'm worn out, so I nod off quickly, and by the time bed comes around the tiredness has built up. The one thing that bugs me is waking up repeatedly to pee lol I really need to cut back on how much water I drink! But I can't, since reta leaves me so dehydrated that I'm constantly chugging water all day.😤 Anyone else dealing with the dehydration too?
Yeah, my lips are chapped and my legs are dry lol, plus I've been drinking electrolyte drinks nonstop and running to the bathroom constantly. Still, I figure my system is adjusting to the reta, since things improved this afternoon and I'm not feeling any side effects at the moment.
To me, dry lips plus chugging electrolyte drinks points to dehydration.

Allow me to red pill you about electrolytes, if you don't mind:

If a bottle of electrolyte drink contains under 800mg of potassium, it's a rip-off. Coconut water ranks among the top potassium sources, and sodium is rarely something most people struggle to get enough of.

A product such as "Dr. Berg Electrolyte Powder" sold on Amazon removes the guesswork around potassium. Each serving delivers 1000mg of potassium — a dose that works without crossing into risky territory (certain products pack 2g of potassium). Potassium's RDA sits around 4g daily. For my part, I'd add salt to something like this. In-fact, that's exactly what I do each morning.

Don't sleep on salt. First thing in the morning, a bit fucking pinch of table salt stirred into a glass of water will fix 90% of your electrolyte problems and probably outperform pricey fruity hydration drinks. Make it strong enough that the water tastes somewhat salty rather than merely a little odd, yet not salty the way seawater is. Strong enough that you can say, "yes, this is indeed salt water." That's your morning dose. Along that route, any product containing under 200mg of sodium won't hydrate you effectively.

Most mornings I simply shake an assload of salt into a glass together with potassium salt, eyeballed at a 1:3 ratio. When I drink this, I seldom need more electrolytes later on unless I'm sweating a ton.

This ball knowledge has been life changing for me and I hope you take it to heart.
Really appreciate it, this info is solid
That's exactly why I'm around, Pimp.
Real recognises real 🤜🏾🤛🏾
 
I wouldn't say I'm overweight — I'm pretty lean and carry a decent amount of muscle. At 1.82m and about 78kg, my body fat sits near 14%. What I struggle with is the constant food noise; left to my own devices I could put away 5,000 calories in a day and barely notice. That's why I picked up Retatrutide — I'm chasing a small cut.

My first shot was 0.5mg on April 23rd. April 26th, 3 days in, I added another 0.5mg since appetite suppression seemed to tick up slightly, though that feeling didn't last long.

April 29th I jumped straight to 1mg, and this past Sunday I went with 1.5mg. Once 5 days have passed since Sunday, the plan is to move up to 2mg. To be honest, the cut is going well so far. Food noise is still there, but managing it is far less of a battle.

Digestion is where I've seen the biggest shift. A meal seems to sit in my stomach forever now, so I remain full much longer than I'm used to, and my body handles carbs before training noticeably better — sometimes an intra drink such as maltodextrin works even better — with much steadier output all the way through the session.

I'll be logging how this goes and I'd like to see how yours goes too. My guess is I'll land somewhere near 3mg over the coming 3–4 weeks. Updates to come!
 
Back
Top