OzzyFit said:
PepDino said:
Something I've picked up on while using Reta: the food noise mostly shows up only when I'm genuinely hungry, and it feels weaker if I'm drinking plenty of water. It's a kind of healthy food noise — I'm planning my next meal, but I'm not ravenous or grabbing food without thinking. That said, once I begin a meal I can still put away around 70% of my old portion (my eyes are way bigger than my stomach).
I've always eaten far too quickly, so now I make myself pause briefly during meals. On Reta that's a lot simpler, and 10-15 minutes in I'm noticeably fuller. Before Reta, I'd reliably keep shoveling food and snacks in after I'd already had some. On Reta, I'm managing much better at not returning to them a few minutes later. The last time a sweet craving hit, I chose a peach over candy and it did the trick. I think it's amazing that I can still get cravings, deal with them, and have the self-control not to go overboard. It feels like trading an old bike for a new e-bike.
Yeah, my appetite suppression works much the same way. Eating is still possible for me, but junk food just doesn't call to me anymore. On Memorial Day I cooked ribs, and I really wanted them — until a sweet store-bought bbq sauce got slathered on. Once I registered that the sauce wasn't healthy, it killed the appeal entirely. There was also a habit I had of picking up Chic Fil A or McDonald's on the drive home from work, eating it before I walked in, so I wouldn't have to explain to my kids why they got nothing (No judgment, any parent has pulled that move). That habit is gone too. Last night, though, the whole family went to chic fil a and I ordered the cool wrap with apple cider vinegar dressing. On Reta, it tasted like an Outlaw Ribeye from Longhorn.