When research subjects move to higher doses, do you cut back on BAC water?

Inertia00

Explorer
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
I've been digging around and haven't been able to track down an answer to this: when your research subjects titrate upward, do you use less BAC?

My own research moved slowly and at low doses. The trial run went .5/.75/1/1.5/2mg every 6 days. I mixed 1ML BAC into 10mg and at the top dose was giving 20 units SC. Now I'm getting ready to Recon my second 10mg.

Once we titrate up, are people genuinely injecting 60, 80, 100units SC, or do they lower the BAC to something more sensible? Those larger volumes for SC injections look like a lot to me. I'm curious what everyone does for recon? Is someone actually on 12mg really injecting 120units SC?

I'd like to hear from the veterans: what's your recon approach, and are there limits on how little BAC you can safely recon with?

Thanks in advance.
 
I can't address every question you've raised, but here's what I'm doing right now. From a 30mg vial, I pin tirz. On this most recent vial, rather than 3mL, I added just 2mL of bac water, which brings my pin volume down, and I haven't seen any problems. Since you didn't mention what you're pinning, I can't comment on that.
 
Yes, I do. My vials are R50. With the initial vial I used 2 ml to reconstitute, and as I titrated to 8 mg weekly, the recent ones have taken 1 ml. My preference is a 10 UI shot over something above 20 UI. This really comes down to what works for you. For me, I reconstitute so that any subcutaneous injection stays at 25 IU or below — though that's just my approach. NAD and several other larger compounds are not included in that.
 
Yes — as you titrate, your Bac should be adjusted, and you can do so. My preference is 50 units, or .5ml, for each dose. If you need precision, a pep calculator will get you there🙂
 
Back when I used compounded tirz, the pharmacy cut corners and offered just a single strength: 10 mg/ml. Once I reached the max EL recommended dose, each shot turned into a 150 unit hassle that needed 2 syringes.

After I wisened up and switched to gray, I changed my approach. These days I reconstitute 60 mg vials using 2 ml BAC (30 mg/ml), which brings it down to just 50 units.
 
Yes, though there’s a ceiling. I’ve come across information suggesting that higher concentrations may lead to interactions, and this differs depending on the peptide.
 
Two things drive my BAC amount: 1) keeping the math simple and 2) keeping the volume of my expected pins in a range I can measure accurately, while not so large that the injected volume becomes unnecessarily big.

When your dosage is low, a bigger volume can sometimes make it easier to measure accurately with your syringe, which is a reason to dilute more. On the other hand, at a higher dosage you don't want a very high dilution, since pinning a huge volume isn't necessary and may cause more irritation at the IS.

For nearly all of my peps, I aim for a 10 mg/mL ratio so the dosage math stays simple. So if my vial actually contains 23mg, I'll put in 2.3mL. Then for 0.5 mg, I draw 5 IU. For 2.0 mg, I draw 20 IU. That said, most of my research on various peps is at low dosages right now, so I want better syringe accuracy at the lower end. If you were doing 20 mg of something, you wouldn't want to draw 100 IU twice, so that concentration wouldn't work well.

As an example with a different pep, for MOTS-C I researched at 5 mg/injection. My vials tested at 10.44, but I don't want a 50 IU pin, so I use 0.52 mL BAC so each injection is 25 IU.

Since you're asking specifically about reta, for the dosages you're talking about, a standard concentration would probably be fine. What will probably happen is that as your dosage goes up (or you find some smoking deal you can't pass up 🤣), you'll probably buy higher mg vials, so it's possible that for a while you'd use more BAC than you did at your lower dose, until you reach significantly higher doses.
 
My preference is for injections to land between 15-30 IU, though I will go as high as 50 IU, so I adjust the bac water to match.

Regarding the least bac I will put in a vial, my usual target is 1ml. If a vial contains a much smaller dose than what I am injecting, I will put 1ml bac into the first vial, pull it out, inject it into the second vial, and keep repeating until the concentration supports the injection volume I want.
 
I’m not aiming for any specific concentration—my goal is just to keep my current GLP1 dose within roughly 10-50iu. To help prevent ISRs, I also split the injection across several nearby spots. Up to now, that approach has served me well.
 
Once my research subjects went from 0.2 ml to 0.3 ml, injection site reactions began showing up. It could be that the extra volume is what my body is objecting to, so for the most recent one I divided it into 2 shots — 0.2 in one and 0.1 in the other.
 
I've got reta 60 and my subject is on 8 mg, yet I'm still putting in 3 ml. Going forward, I'll go with 2 ml.
 
Thanks for the solid information, everyone. I’m on the same page — I’d prefer to keep it below 25/30 IU. I rely on a peptide calculator plus an Excel spreadsheet for tracking, and I’m very careful. Going forward, I’ll change how I reconstitute.

Like always, the depth of knowledge and the standard of information shared on this site is excellent and really useful.

Much appreciated.
 
latviantower said:

Back when I used compounded tirz, the pharmacy cut corners and offered just a single strength: 10 mg/ml. Once I reached the max EL recommended dose, each shot turned into a 150 unit hassle that needed 2 syringes.

After I wisened up and switched to gray, I changed my approach. These days I reconstitute 60 mg vials using 2 ml BAC (30 mg/ml), which brings it down to just 50 units.
That's the most concentrated tirz I've come across — and 30mg per ml injections don't give you any trouble?
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

latviantower said:

Back when I used compounded tirz, the pharmacy cut corners and offered just a single strength: 10 mg/ml. Once I reached the max EL recommended dose, each shot turned into a 150 unit hassle that needed 2 syringes.

After I wisened up and switched to gray, I changed my approach. These days I reconstitute 60 mg vials using 2 ml BAC (30 mg/ml), which brings it down to just 50 units.
That's the most concentrated tirz I've come across — and 30mg per ml injections don't give you any trouble?
Not one bit. Even though I tend to react to most things — GHK, whether it's in GLOW or KLOW, leaves me sore for 2 days, and a strong gluta mix gives me itching that lasts a few hours — tirz doesn't bother me at all.
 
For me, GHK-cu is the sole peptide I mix with over 1 ml of BAC. All the rest are reconstituted using just 1 ml. That includes the T60 my wife (Mrs. NYD) uses at 15 mg/week, which works out to roughly 23 units per injection — the vial was overfilled to 65.xx mg. This concentration hasn't caused her any adverse reactions, and I haven't noticed any negatives from the concentrations I use either.
 
Not_Your_Dad said:

For me, GHK-cu is the sole peptide I mix with over 1 ml of BAC. All the rest are reconstituted using just 1 ml. That includes the T60 my wife (Mrs. NYD) uses at 15 mg/week, which works out to roughly 23 units per injection — the vial was overfilled to 65.xx mg. This concentration hasn't caused her any adverse reactions, and I haven't noticed any negatives from the concentrations I use either.
That's fantastic! And such useful info!!!!!
 
Back
Top