Mine is a pretty random target — around 160 lb — though I suspect a DEXA scan or something similar would be useful, since I don't think my frame would handle anything under roughly 150 all that well. Being as healthy as possible matters most to me now, and the number carries far less weight than it once did. I want muscle on my body; I'm not after being thin and feeble. At the same time, I come from strong, tall, sturdy German stock, so I doubt my biology would ever land at something like 135 lb and have that look or feel healthy. That's why I'd love to know what kind of scan could reveal my ideal weight, body fat percentage, or whatever metric — something to live happily and, with luck, still leave room for pizza now and then and things like that.
I began at roughly 285 lb, then had a baby and put most of it back on during postpartum because postpartum is rough. This attempt started near 260, and I've finally made it back to about 180. Something else I've noticed: the lower I go, the more unsatisfied I still am with my appearance, so the mental side of feeling at home in your own skin is its own struggle too.