What number are you aiming for on the scale, and what makes it the one?

SpicyQuinn

Explorer
Joined
Jun 7, 2026
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Wheatfield Indiana USA
I’m a 39-year-old woman, and I really want to know what “goal weights” everyone here has picked, plus the reason behind that exact figure ??

Is the figure itself the point?

Is it a clothing size you’ve pictured yourself in for years ??

Or is there some particular target you’re working toward??

I’ve had this same question put to me, and honestly I can’t give a real answer. What am I aiming for? No clue 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just want to look and feel better..Over 10 years I’ve dropped roughly 170lbs. It’s been a long road, and I’m still not sure “what I want in the end to be satisfied!” 🤣

Can’t wait to read what everyone says!!!

Sw:306

CW :135
 
At the beginning, 185 was the number I aimed for. I hadn’t weighed that little since my college days, so reaching it felt like it would be a huge win.

Once the results started showing, I switched my target to a "normal" BMI and brought it down to 164lb.

Got there in 7 months! LOVE THIS STUFF!
 
My original reason for starting was getting fatty liver gone and getting more energy out. Once the pounds started coming down, though, a second aim came into view: getting back to a plain, healthy BMI. That is what I am working toward now.
 
My initial target is 199.9, since that gets me into One-derland.

Beyond that, I haven't decided.

That would return me to the weight I had in middle school, 33 years back.
 
dolph said:

My initial target is 199.9, since that gets me into One-derland.

Beyond that, I haven't decided.

That would return me to the weight I had in middle school, 33 years back.
I set 200lbs as a milestone, but I knew I wanted to dip below it and then stay at a weight where the scale would never, ever, ever show 200 again... Right now I'm at 196, though 185 feels like the right spot... 👍
 
I never set a hard number for my goal weight. Around 200 is where I’m aiming. Mostly I’ll judge by how I feel, and a bit by how I look. I’m built pretty thick, and being skinny wouldn’t suit me.. or at least that’s what I figure....
 
165lbs. That lands me squarely in the middle-to-upper part of a "healthy bodyfat %" range, around 17ish.

I still have 13-14 pounds to lose, and it's coming off slowly.
 
I'm aware that at 185 or lower, I both look and feel good, so my final destination isn't fully settled. Somewhere around the mid-170s, most likely. Right now I'm at 195, so I'm getting nearer...
 
BrightCandle said:

My original reason for starting was getting fatty liver gone and getting more energy out. Once the pounds started coming down, though, a second aim came into view: getting back to a plain, healthy BMI. That is what I am working toward now.
Awesome work on getting healthier!!
 
Shittersfull said:

I never set a hard number for my goal weight. Around 200 is where I’m aiming. Mostly I’ll judge by how I feel, and a bit by how I look. I’m built pretty thick, and being skinny wouldn’t suit me.. or at least that’s what I figure....
I bet you’ll look just as wonderful as you feel!!!!
 
Flash-BCR said:

dolph said:

My initial target is 199.9, since that gets me into One-derland.

Beyond that, I haven't decided.

That would return me to the weight I had in middle school, 33 years back.
I set 200lbs as a milestone, but I knew I wanted to dip below it and then stay at a weight where the scale would never, ever, ever show 200 again... Right now I'm at 196, though 185 feels like the right spot... 👍
I hear u!!! At first I just wanted to drop below 300lbs… after that, 250…. Then when I finally saw under 200, I made a promise to myself that I would never go back to being that Girl again!!!
 
Justatechdude said:

165lbs. That lands me squarely in the middle-to-upper part of a "healthy bodyfat %" range, around 17ish.

I still have 13-14 pounds to lose, and it's coming off slowly.
I'd really like to find out my body fat percentage... plus what it ought to be... that's a great idea!!
 
Initially I set 120 as my target, since a family gathering was coming up and that figure seemed like something I could realistically reach. I managed to get there just 1 day ahead of the event 👍🏻. After that, I settled on 110 as my ultimate aim, since that landed me right in the middle of the BMI range for my height. At this point I'm just working out what my maintenance dose should be; this morning I weighed in at 108.
 
I played around with a BMI calculator, plugging in values over and over until the result moved me out of the Obese category and down to just Overweight. That figure became my initial target. I haven't reached it yet, but I don't plan to halt once I do—I intend to continue past it. I simply required a starting goal.
 
Such a fantastic question—I'm enjoying seeing everyone's answers!

For me, there are several milestones. I'm 5'8" with balanced hourglass curves and hefty moose bones, so I don't have a slender, bird-like build, but that structure lets me handle extra pounds nicely. My initial target is to appear toned and thicc, which happens for me near 223. That's the first point where I truly feel confident, and I can shop in straight sizes.

My ultimate target is 192; at that point I can get into a size 8-10 dress, pull on most knee-high boots, and keep some shape.

162 is my ultimate fantasy target, though I'm not sure I actually want it—I'll have to wait and see. That would place me at the upper edge of the healthy BMI range and give me a very slim, willowy look, but I haven't been that light since my early 20s, and considering gravity and everything, having a bit of extra softness might make me feel sexier.

@SpicyQuinn I noticed your several replies. If you're still unsure how to multi quote (replying to two or more sections of a post and/or two or more users' posts), it's a wonderful forum tool! Take a look at my post here to learn how:




Still deciding between semaglutide and tirzepatide



I believe if you asked folks who have tried all three for their advice, it would be: If you're beginning from scratch and plan to use the gray market, just go with retatrutide first. My own journey was starting on semaglutide and reaching the max dose (at that time) of 2.4mg...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
At first I picked 70kg as my target. I’ve weighed 60kg in the past and it didn’t feel like something I could keep up, so 70kg struck me as a healthy spot for my body. While I was taking prescription Sema, my doctor suggested I aim for 68kg instead, reasoning that some weight will return after the medication stops.

Turns out the joke’s on them—I reached the goal and still wasn’t happy 😅
 
165 was the target I set for myself. At 5'9" and with a larger frame, that figure sits in the normal BMI range, and it also matched the lowest weight I had ever reached as an adult. Having now hit it, I plan to find out how far down I can go while still staying healthy and looking healthy.
 
I'm a 44-year-old woman, 5'4". At the beginning, I aimed for 170 since that was the lowest I'd weighed as an adult, and it seemed doable, with a stretch goal of 150lbs. Those targets came pretty easily, so I just sort of kept lowering my goal. Right now I'm at 135, and I'd like to reach 130 and fit comfortably into size 6 pants.
 
Back
Top