USPS Mailability Hold on Package

fastquarter101

Explorer
Joined
Jan 16, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
 
fastquarter101 said:

A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
Honestly, USPS has really gone downhill these days. There have been a ton of problems just in the past little while.
 
fastquarter101 said:

A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
This status isn't a promising indicator. USPS applies it as a way to check whether the postage is genuine / not fake, or because the USPIS suspects something prohibited is in the shipment.
 
fastquarter101 said:

A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
Could you share which vendor was involved in this situation?
 
sofaKINGnoob said:

fastquarter101 said:

A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
This status isn't a promising indicator. USPS applies it as a way to check whether the postage is genuine / not fake, or because the USPIS suspects something prohibited is in the shipment.
From what I've read, the worst that typically happens is seizure. On the better end, you might just see a short delay or have it sent back due to postage.

Perfect-looking pucks have an advantage: they don't resemble crack rocks. And since single vials carry labels, they come across as less suspicious than certain alternatives.

There's another worst-case example shared on Reddit (four years ago):

I was scammed. The person purposely put wrong postage and something liquid inside knowing it would be pulled from the mail system.

Click to expand...

Additionally, from Reddit:

Just as a heads up while this status can be caused by the packaging not meeting USPS standards (wrong size, weight, etc.) It is also often a sign that something "suspicious" was found inside.

So if you had anything in that package you may not want to get in trouble for... well, let it go and do not reach out.

Click to expand...
 
sofaKINGnoob said:

fastquarter101 said:

A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
Could you share which vendor was involved in this situation?
I'm not sure why the vendor would matter here. Two previous orders from them arrived without any problems. The problem lies with USPS.
 
fastquarter101 said:


I've had two other orders with them go seamlessly. This is a USPS issue.

Click to expand...
Has Priority Mail packaging ever been paired by them with a Ground Advantage label? (A B/S/T reseller did that in my experience, yet there was no problem. Still, it is another reason I steer clear of B/S/T.)
 
fastquarter101 said:


I don't see how vendor is relevant. I've had two other orders with them go seamlessly. This is a USPS issue.

Click to expand...
If the postage ends up being fake, that could matter.

Whether that's what happened here isn't clear yet, though it's definitely happened before in this space.
 
Yep, vendors who deal in just 1 vial tend to be sketchy, even when you order again — unless they've got a recommendation on this forum or are certain TG sellers I'm not allowed to mention. Reputable single-vial sellers usually run a TG group or something similar, which provides some openness and live feedback. A lone vial of R30 might run about $30. A number of the TG sellers offering singles also carry kits and run GBs.
 
Relocate the address and keep the family in the dark about the reason — they're after those vials.





4782436cad6a338ec2510fa41f4d31aeb22172347e32198298d24ae814407129.webp
 
fastquarter101 said:


I don't see how vendor is relevant. I've had two other orders with them go seamlessly. This is a USPS issue.

Click to expand...
Both of the points I raised in my post matter to the vendor. #1. Should the postage turn out to be invalid or counterfeit, that falls on the vendor. #2. Should the Feds be monitoring, inspecting, or seizing this vendor's shipments, that is now a vendor problem too. I'm not aiming to fear monger, but it resembles things I've witnessed on other "markets".
 
sofaKINGnoob said:

fastquarter101 said:

A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
Could you share which vendor was involved in this situation?

fastquarter101 said:

sofaKINGnoob said:

fastquarter101 said:

A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
Could you share which vendor was involved in this situation?
I'm not sure why the vendor would matter here. Two previous orders from them arrived without any problems. The problem lies with USPS.

deluge said:


It could be relevant, if the postage turns out to be counterfeit.

Click to expand...

sofaKINGnoob said:


It is relevant to the vendor on both issues I stated in my post. #1. If the postage is not valid or counterfeit it's a vendor issue. #2.

Click to expand...

Since the OP carries a no source discussion tag, pressing him or her to identify the vendor will only land him or her in trouble on the forum.

@sofaKINGnoob you are also tagged no source. It would be best to let this go for the time being, or move it to DMs.
 
Dos-Dox said:


Pushing the OP to name the vendor when he or she has a no source discussion tag is just going to get him or her in trouble on the forum.

Click to expand...
I'm not trying to get anyone to disclose anything. All I'm doing is calling attention to the clear possibility that the vendor could be at fault, and right now that remains unresolved.

Should it end up being fake postage, then I genuinely hope the source gets named. By then, ideally FastQuarter will have had the source tag lifted. Still, 6 posts across 5 months doesn't inspire much confidence...
 
USPS tracking showed the package moving all the way to the destination city. Then a hold was placed once it reached that city. The vendor is reputable. I won't name them until I have more information, and they have an opportunity to address this issue.
 
The shipment got seized. The vendor sent a replacement with a 50% discount. Hoping it works out. This time, a different name and address were used.
 
fastquarter101 said:

The shipment got seized. The vendor sent a replacement with a 50% discount. Hoping it works out. This time, a different name and address were used.
At what point did it get stuck?
 
fastquarter101 said:

The shipment got seized. The vendor sent a replacement with a 50% discount. Hoping it works out. This time, a different name and address were used.
Does this vendor participate in this forum? Do they operate out of China, or are they located domestically? For your sake, I'm hoping they've got enough sense to switch up their shipping protocol / details after this... but if they're foolish, they'll purchase postage through the same account, and the result will mirror what happened with the previous shipment.
 
fastquarter101 said:

The shipment got seized. The vendor sent a replacement with a 50% discount. Hoping it works out. This time, a different name and address were used.
Only 50% off for a reship??? Isn't it standard for most vendors to give 1 free reship when a package is seized?
 
Domestic supplier. A 50% reship works for me. It wasn't their doing that it got seized. They're an established outfit. I figure they're doing what they can to reduce losses.

Let's be real—what we're buying is sketchy, legally ambiguous Chinese mystery powder off the gray market. What did people think was going to happen?? This isn't Costco.
 
Back
Top