USPS Mailability Hold on Package

Hearing about a domestic shipment getting seized is a first for me — that's a brand new thing to worry about.

What "USPS held for mailability" actually indicates

  • Suspected illegal contents: This status is frequently applied when illegal drugs or cannabis are suspected, which permits inspection without a warrant.
  • Non-mailable or improperly prepared items: The shipment might hold hazardous materials, items that cannot be mailed, or have incorrect labeling (for instance, Media Mail used for things that aren't media).
  • Physical inconsistency: Automated processing may have rejected the package because of poor packaging or incorrect dimensions
 
fastquarter101 said:

Domestic supplier. A 50% reship works for me. It wasn't their doing that it got seized. They're an established outfit. I figure they're doing what they can to reduce losses.

Let's be real—what we're buying is sketchy, legally ambiguous Chinese mystery powder off the gray market. What did people think was going to happen?? This isn't Costco.
As long as you're satisfied with that, my friend, that's the only thing that counts. Let us know how the reship turns out.
 
sofaKINGnoob said:

fastquarter101 said:

A handful of individual vials. Does this seem like a bad sign? Has anyone else had USPS do this to their shipment?
This status isn't a promising indicator. USPS applies it as a way to check whether the postage is genuine / not fake, or because the USPIS suspects something prohibited is in the shipment.
That is purely your assumption. I work as a subcontractor for the company based in the EU. USPS employs no tactics to verify anything. Particularly for a domestic shipment, they will not even concern themselves with the contents. If a package is obviously suspect (cannabis smell, for example), they hand it over to the authorities for inspection. They are also not permitted to open and inspect any package on their own. It is possible for a package to go missing at a distribution center, or for the label to be lost or damaged. Occasionally it can be delivered to the wrong address. But that is not what happened here. Because in that situation, tracking would show it as delivered.
 
skaylife said:


You are only assuming that. I am a subcontractor of the comany in EU. Usps doesn't use any tactics to verify anything. Especially they won't even bother what is inside if it is a domestic shipping. They give to authorities for inspection, if it is an obviously suspect package(for instance, smell cannabis). They are also not allowed to open and check any package themselves. Somehow it can be lost at distribution center or label has been lost or damaged. It can sometimes be delivered to a wrong adress. But that is not the case. Because then, it will be updated as delivered on tracking.

Click to expand...
When it comes to how postal services operate across EU countries, I can't claim any expertise. But your description of the USPS—the mail system run by the US Government—is far off the mark. Inside that agency sits an entire law enforcement body whose only job is to examine and look into unlawful shipments moving through the mail, covering fake postage and fraud-linked offenses as well. As for the OP, right here in this same thread they give an update confirming the package was indeed "seized".
 
sofaKINGnoob said:


I do not know how the different postal systems work in the EU but you are completely wrong about the Government operated USPS mail system in the USA. There is literally a whole law enforcement agency within it with the sole purpose to inspect & investigate illegal items in the mail including counterfeit postage plus fraud related crimes. The OP even in this very same thread updates the situation that it was in fact "seized".

Click to expand...
My apologies, friend. That was my mistake! I work as a subcontractor for UPS. I assumed they operated the same way. But it seems that is not the case! I have no knowledge about this. After you mentioned it being government operated, I came to understand that they are not the same. If peptides are being shipped, picking it is not a smart move when the government runs it.
 
The reship worked out. It went through USPS once more. Without charging me anything, the vendor went beyond what their own policy required and sent it again. Every time I reached out, the vendor replied, and they truly made an effort to ensure I was looked after.
 
fastquarter101 said:

The reship worked out. It went through USPS once more. Without charging me anything, the vendor went beyond what their own policy required and sent it again. Every time I reached out, the vendor replied, and they truly made an effort to ensure I was looked after.
At this point, knowing which vendor would be great! Perhaps the least you could do is leave a good review and note that they resent it for free.
 
Back
Top