woundcarping said:
Raidenfat2fit said:
woundcarping said:
Raidenfat2fit said:
I've been using Mounjaro/tirzepatide for almost 10 months now. So far I've lost 60lbs, but the scale hasn't moved for the past few months. I'm hoping reta will get things going again.
Still, I have 100lbs left to lose, which worries me (when I began Mounjaro I weighed 339.3lbs).
Has anyone else been stuck on a high dose of tirz and then moved over to reta with success, losing a ton of weight?
Feel free to explore the forum.
I haven't been at this as long as you have. My Tirz dose reached 5mg each week, and I've been transitioning over to Reta at a pretty fast pace, losing roughly ~1% of my starting weight every week.
How are you ramping up your dose? I still have a single 12.5mg pen, and my plan was to run 2mg for 2 weeks plus 4mg for 2 weeks alongside that final pen, then once it's gone, switch to 6mg of reta on its own and see what happens.
From what I've read, people coming off larger Tirzepatide doses tend to get weak appetite suppression until they hit roughly the 8mg point. Fingers crossed that by then my body settles into a rhythm.
My Tirz concentration sat near 4.9mg on 1/10.
1/10: Reta 1mg
1/11: Reta 1mg
1/12: Reta 1mg
1/14: Tirz 2.5mg (the usual 2x weekly amount, taken 1 day behind schedule), which quieted food noise
1/15: Reta 2mg
1/16: Reta 1mg
1/17: Reta 1mg
1/18: Reta 1mg
Right now the levels are Tirz 2.7mg and 5.3mg. My weight has gone from 272lb down to 266-267lb. I introduced 360mg magnesium glycinate and cut my PHGG fiber supplement from 21g to 7mg. The sole side effect worth noting and tied to Reta is greater sensitivity to cold, which so far does not bother me.
Across that stretch my heart rate variability has moved from flat to slightly higher, and resting heart rate is 5bpm lower when comparing the 6 months before 1/10 with the period since.
At the moment I'm skiing, paying attention to appetite (flat right now), food noise (also flat) and any significant sides. If nothing changes, in about 51 hours I'll take another 3mg of Reta, which puts my peak at 5.8mg, while my Tirz level at that peak should be roughly 2.1mg (assuming 24 hour absorption to peak). After that I go back to following the slope and seeing what I notice.