Tirzepatide plateau: has anyone switched to retatrutide and dropped a lot of weight?

woundcarping said:

Cag cuts how much you eat by boosting fullness signals, so portions get smaller.

With the 2 GLP agonists you're on right now, isn't your hunger already suppressed in a practical sense?

What reta brings is glucagon signaling, and that can push your base metabolic rate up by roughly 5-10%, giving you something you currently lack.

Do you log what you eat?

Do you work out, and do you log that too?

Simply cutting food can trigger metabolic adaptation, which lowers your base rate and brings on a stall.

My biggest problem has always been food and how I eat — that's what pushed my weight past 360lbs in the first place. As for the gym, I haven't set foot in one since September.
 
Raidenfat2fit said:

woundcarping said:

Cag cuts how much you eat by boosting fullness signals, so portions get smaller.

With the 2 GLP agonists you're on right now, isn't your hunger already suppressed in a practical sense?

What reta brings is glucagon signaling, and that can push your base metabolic rate up by roughly 5-10%, giving you something you currently lack.

Do you log what you eat?

Do you work out, and do you log that too?

Simply cutting food can trigger metabolic adaptation, which lowers your base rate and brings on a stall.

My biggest problem has always been food and how I eat — that's what pushed my weight past 360lbs in the first place. As for the gym, I haven't set foot in one since September.

Just plain walking gets way too little credit as a way to burn calories and give the heart a workout without punishing your joints.

My walking habit began on 1/3/26, with a target of 500 calories burned per day from walking alone. As of today that's 21 straight days, meaning 3 weeks. Across those 3 weeks I dropped 4.4% of my starting weight, which works out to 1.1% each week.

On the evening of 1/10 I made the switch to Reta, and in the 13 days since then I've dropped 3.3%, roughly 1.8% per week.

From 12/12/25, when I began Tirz, until I added walking on 1/3/26, that's 22 days and I lost 2.8%, or .9%/week.

Walking is a powerful tool, as is Reta.
 
Back
Top