Tesa experience?

Troposphere said:


I had the same thing happen when I started CJC/Ipa. The steady 1.5-2lbs a week weight loss stopped. 6 weeks later I've dropped maybe 2 more lbs. I look leaner, but the scale hasn't moved much.

Click to expand...
Yeah sounds like it happens to a lot of people. I'm looking forward to stopping Tesa and seeing the water pour off. Definitely sticking with for the full 12 weeks though, because I do seem to be recovering better.
 
W4/d4&5

D4 dropped a syringe and stabbed myself in both hand and toe. Lost the dose. Tragedy + time = comedy. Wasn’t laughing at the time.

Uneventful in terms of stinging or sleep. Mild sting, 7 hour sleep.

D5 same as day 4

I’m sitting now and thinking I want to go 7 days straight. I set my fasting countdown timer even though I know I don’t have a dose due.
 
latviantower said:


Love it. Run it on a 100 day cycle twice a year. 20 mg kit, 2 mg daily before bed. Have never had a sting and the kits I’ve got now tested good. (Of course, I also don’t get a sting from NAD, glutathione, GLOW or KLOW, or MOTS.) 😂

Click to expand...
Does it affect your sleep?
 
I started Tesa 5 weeks ago and also pin in the AMs (I'm on GLPs as well). I keep the vial in my bathroom cabinet and do it first thing when I get out of bed. I take 2mg daily. I've never really been a breakfast person, so it's easy for me to wait to eat, though I do struggle with the coffee stuff (I also can't handle drinking it black... I just like Fairlife to be coffee-flavored 😅). I make my 'coffee' and stick it in a travel cup to take to work with me and just try to chug water until the 3-hour mark. Sometimes I can't wait and I go for it at 2 hours. Weekends are weird because I usually don't get up as early and my routine is messed up. Last weekend I completely spaced and had coffee like 20 minutes after my injection. Freaking ADHD, man 🙄.

Things I've noticed after 5 weeks:

  • Sometimes the injections sting and/or itch for a bit (or 30 minutes, or an hour) but sometimes I don't feel them at all. I try to do them in my lower belly since I have little-to-no feeling near my c-section scars (woo hoo!) and I'm a pansy.
  • I've been sleeping really good. Like really good. I don't know if you take it in the morning if it still helps your sleep, so it could just be a placebo thing. Regardless, I'll take it. Last night I dreamt I was friends with Taylor Swift. And also, yes, I'm AM 47 yo Swiftie. Let's trade bracelets.
  • Over the past week or so, I've noticed the waistbands feeling a tad looser, but I've misplaced my measuring tape and my brain won't let me remember to measure unless I'm at work (Thanks again, ADHD).
  • I haven't had a DEXA scan, but I do have one of those Hume scales that can measure your visceral fat (kinda). This imperfect device told me I've decreased my visceral fat index by 1, so I'm going to call that a win.

Other things to note... or not:

  • I started a strength-training routine right around the same time that I started Tesa. I'm generally a fairly sedentary person. The only time in the past that I have focused on my strength intentionally was that one quarter in Community College for PE credit like 20+ years ago. So, I've started very conservatively. My first leg day put me out of commission for like 3-4 days after! So then I was scared/reluctant to continue, but I got over myself and have been very consistent over the last few weeks. I've noticed I can squat lower, do more reps each set, use a higher resistance, and the following day it's not a painful sore/stiffness, it's just a little uncomfortable, so I'm sure that I'm building SOME muscle.
  • I bought some Ipa which should arrive today, looking forward to see if that helps with the strength training part.

Oh man... I wrote another novel. I swear this is why I don't post very often, because when I do I end up using all the words. WOMP WOMP. Okay, I'm done now, bye.
 
ToeMittens said:


I started Tesa 5 weeks ago and also pin in the AMs (I'm on GLPs as well). I keep the vial in my bathroom cabinet and do it first thing when I get out of bed. I take 2mg daily. I've never really been a breakfast person, so it's easy for me to wait to eat, though I do struggle with the coffee stuff (I also can't handle drinking it black... I just like Fairlife to be coffee-flavored 😅). I make my 'coffee' and stick it in a travel cup to take to work with me and just try to chug water until the 3-hour mark. Sometimes I can't wait and I go for it at 2 hours. Weekends are weird because I usually don't get up as early and my routine is messed up. Last weekend I completely spaced and had coffee like 20 minutes after my injection. Freaking ADHD, man 🙄.

Things I've noticed after 5 weeks:

  • Sometimes the injections sting and/or itch for a bit (or 30 minutes, or an hour) but sometimes I don't feel them at all. I try to do them in my lower belly since I have little-to-no feeling near my c-section scars (woo hoo!) and I'm a pansy.
  • I've been sleeping really good. Like really good. I don't know if you take it in the morning if it still helps your sleep, so it could just be a placebo thing. Regardless, I'll take it. Last night I dreamt I was friends with Taylor Swift. And also, yes, I'm AM 47 yo Swiftie. Let's trade bracelets.
  • Over the past week or so, I've noticed the waistbands feeling a tad looser, but I've misplaced my measuring tape and my brain won't let me remember to measure unless I'm at work (Thanks again, ADHD).
  • I haven't had a DEXA scan, but I do have one of those Hume scales that can measure your visceral fat (kinda). This imperfect device told me I've decreased my visceral fat index by 1, so I'm going to call that a win.

Other things to note... or not:

  • I started a strength-training routine right around the same time that I started Tesa. I'm generally a fairly sedentary person. The only time in the past that I have focused on my strength intentionally was that one quarter in Community College for PE credit like 20+ years ago. So, I've started very conservatively. My first leg day put me out of commission for like 3-4 days after! So then I was scared/reluctant to continue, but I got over myself and have been very consistent over the last few weeks. I've noticed I can squat lower, do more reps each set, use a higher resistance, and the following day it's not a painful sore/stiffness, it's just a little uncomfortable, so I'm sure that I'm building SOME muscle.
  • I bought some Ipa which should arrive today, looking forward to see if that helps with the strength training part.

Oh man... I wrote another novel. I swear this is why I don't post very often, because when I do I end up using all the words. WOMP WOMP. Okay, I'm done now, bye.

Click to expand...
Thanks for sharing, it sounds like you’re on the right path.

IPA will definitely fix the “out of commission” post workout challenge. I’m on week 5 of tesa/ipa and I can see real observable changes to my waistline and my post workout recovery.
 
Been MIA few days. Taking tesa whilst battling the flu is not recommended.

The best way I can describe it was I felt my body was deciding between using energy for weight loss vs recovery.
 
DragonOfTheSea said:


I pin anything potentially spicy in 2 places: Lower, outside-ish glute, and inner thigh. I do my Cu blend lower glute and my T/I blend inner thigh, both painless or any spicy resolved in a minute or two.

I will say, the inner thigh is kinda awkward to get to, gotta hold the junk out of the way and be all hunched over, looks awkward AF but honestly the least painful pinning spot I've found out of anywhere else on my body.. super weird since you would think it would be really sensitive.

Very effective for me..

Click to expand...
Hmm. Gemini tells me that inner thigh is not good due nerves and blook vessels are close to the skin. (I liked the idea though)
 
Just checking back in but kinda boring here:

Week 8 day 5 - Nothing very new to report, stable and happy.

I still have excellent energy levels, although I also am on my 2nd week of beginning my first NAD+ Cycle.

My Sleep is still pretty consistent, only hindered by schedule/work irregularities- biologically I feel I'm doing great.

Body recomp is going well with my minor at-home workouts, definition and mass starting to show well.

Weight is perfectly stable, I believe losing ~1lb/wk in fat, gaining ~1lb/wk in muscle.

Scheduled for a set of blood draws next week, included is a testosterone panel so will get a good look at what my low dose .5mg/day is doing for me.

Still no ISRs or anything negative at all to report.
 
RetaRX said:


Day 3 in the books. Stinging lasts between 20-30 min.

New pins are good.

Click to expand...
Ice pack before to constrict blood vessels and then directly after to reduce swelling.. don't apply to much pressure when pinning
 
I use Reta + Tesa. Recently, however, I've started noticing a feeling of hunger. It's not an overwhelming urge to eat; rather, my stomach starts rumbling, and I get the typical sensation of being hungry.

I've read that Tesa can increase appetite. However, i'm currently in a calorie deficit and I exercise regularly.
 
jamesprt said:


I use Reta + Tesa. Recently, however, I've started noticing a feeling of hunger. It's not an overwhelming urge to eat; rather, my stomach starts rumbling, and I get the typical sensation of being hungry.

I've read that Tesa can increase appetite. However, i'm currently in a calorie deficit and I exercise regularly.

Click to expand...
I've experienced the same thing. I was doing 2mg tesa QD and 6 mg Reta per wk. Then I increased my reta to 8.25mg per wk and the hunger returned to the previous Reta level. Weight started dropping again, though slower than with Reta solo prior to the introduction of tesa. I haven't measured but feel like my waist is slimmer as evidenced by the way pants fit and the belly fat appears to be decreasing. Of course, I'd like for everything to be faster, but TBH I'm not really "changing" my exercise and my "diet" is simply to not eat when I'm not hungry --they easiest weight loss program I have ever tried. That said, who knows how this Reta/tesa combo is going to pan-out from person to person?
 
also, for those considering, tesa requires a commitment: every day pinning and fasting challenges which are more difficult because stomach emptying is slower related to the reta. Theoretically, this is a super powerful 1-2 punch but if you read these anecdotal reports it doesn't seem to be an automatic victory as one would guess.
 
dpo08 said:


I would suggest getting baseline igf-1 level (I use goodlabs in US, about $30) and then after 4-6 weeks on your dosage to gauge if you should adjust dosage.

My experience as 36 yo male.

Baseline IGF-1 169, z score 0.4

on 1mg tesa, IGF-1 344, z score 2.1

on 2mg tesa 300 mcg ipa, IGF-1 502, z score 3.1

the popular dosage of 2mg tesa was way too much for me. My only side effects were wrist pain and water bloating. dropped a few pounds of water about a week after i stopped.

going to try cjc/ipa combo next.

Click to expand...
I just tested my igf-1 to get a baseline also (results not back yet). Started sermorelin/ipa same night and am about to order a bunch of tesa. I’ll probably run 4-6 weeks of serm until I am out, test IGF-1 again and continue the experiment with Tesa.

Do you pin in AM or PM? I know PM is better, but your results speak for themselves so I’m curious.
 
PoolRat said:


I just tested my igf-1 to get a baseline also (results not back yet). Started sermorelin/ipa same night and am about to order a bunch of tesa. I’ll probably run 4-6 weeks of serm until I am out, test IGF-1 again and continue the experiment with Tesa.

Do you pin in AM or PM? I know PM is better, but your results speak for themselves so I’m curious.

Click to expand...
I did morning to ensure I was fasted. some say PM helps with sleep though.
 
RetaRX said:


Week 4/day 2 & 3

Day 2 terrible sleep. Only 4 hours. Pin was uneventful.

Day 3, pin didn’t sting at all on the way in but definitely was sore for a longer period afterwards. Sleep was phenomenal. 8 hours.

Click to expand...
Why don't y'all just use 4mm pins? No sting.. slight isr..
 
PoolRat said:


I just tested my igf-1 to get a baseline also (results not back yet). Started sermorelin/ipa same night and am about to order a bunch of tesa. I’ll probably run 4-6 weeks of serm until I am out, test IGF-1 again and continue the experiment with Tesa.

Do you pin in AM or PM? I know PM is better, but your results speak for themselves so I’m curious.

Click to expand...
I've seen a decent amount of igf1 data for tesa, tesa/ipa, cjc/ipa, but never serm/ipa, so I'll be curious! Serm has the shortest half life (of Tesa/Cjc/Serm) and should result in the lowest increase to igf (using typical protocols), but mixed with ipa will help.
 
Raidersilver said:


Have been taking Tesa in Am for the past week at 2mg every morning. Its been about 7 days and I will say besides the sting after it does seem to be working i have noticed slight more energy in am. Its a bit expensive but plan to run it for at least 5 months

Click to expand...
How’s this going mate?
 
Another data point here. I was on reta for a couple months and lifting weights consistently 3x a week. Workouts became progressively more difficult and I needed to reduce weight to complete my sets. I tried eating more carbs before heading to the gym but no help. Probably dropped about 3 to 5% across all sets.

So I added CJC/IPA 0.3mg before bed on weekdays. Tried this for a few weeks and saw no real benefit. Then I read a suggestion to try it in the morning an hour before any food and noticed a difference within a few days. Started increasing weights every week again and made nice gains over the month while continuing to lose weight. Then took a couple week break while on vacation.

A friend tried Tesa but had intolerable side effects so gave me a kit of 10mg to try. I started 1mg on weekday mornings. If anything, the recovery and strength gains are better than CJC/IPA and my deep sleep duration has increased per my smart watch. Increasing weight lately on every session. Will check my IGF-1 in a few weeks.

Side note, I've been on 50mg/week TRT for many years which puts me around 500. Doc says that's fine.🤷
 
I’m doing the Reta/tesa thing. Been on Reta for a month. Took dose 5 yesterday (did .5 mg for first 2, 1 mg for second 2, and 1.5 mg yesterday, planning to stay at 2 mg for a while when I get there).

Yesterday was day 12 for tesa, 1 mg about an hour before bed every day on an empty stomach. It’s obvious too early to say much, especially since I started it so close to starting Reta, but I have definitely been sleeping a lot better.

I have enough for 60 days, so I’ll probably evaluate around day 45-50 whether I want to continue. That’s gonna come entirely down to side effects, which are non-existent so far.

If I decide to continue, I’m not sure if I’ll continue at 1 mg or bump it to 2. I’m pretty motivated to shed as much of the visceral fat as possible, but I’m also constrained by being on a fixed income.
 
faloppi said:


I've seen a decent amount of igf1 data for tesa, tesa/ipa, cjc/ipa, but never serm/ipa, so I'll be curious! Serm has the shortest half life (of Tesa/Cjc/Serm) and should result in the lowest increase to igf (using typical protocols), but mixed with ipa will help.

Click to expand...
Baseline came back at 120 ifg-1 and a -0.4 z-score. Started serm/ipa 6 days ago. We’ll see.
 
Back
Top