SubQ injection needle size — seeking guidance

I’ve tried 12.7, 8 and 6mm. For most peps, I like 31g 6mm best, though each of the three did the job. When it comes to KLOW, I go with 12.7mm syringes to cut down on ISR.
 
alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
 
RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
 
BNLFL said:

RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
Alright, let me lay this out completely so somebody can jump in with "whoa, absolutely not, stop right there." For reconstitution I'm putting 1ml of bac water into r10, which works out to 2 full syringes — 50ml syringes, .5ml each.

otherwise....

Another option: split it into 4 fills at 50ml (200ml total), and in that case 10ml would come to .5mg reta instead of 1.0. (my starting dose is going to be .5mg)

Which route strikes u as less of a hassle.

My thinking is .5mg this week, then 1.0mg next week and hold there for 2 weeks to see how I feel.....
 
The only size I've used so far is 31G/8MM.

Pinching does the job, though lately I've been testing out a no-pinch approach — inserting at an angle into the buttocks.

For me, GHK stings quite a bit, and Tesa is the same way, so I'm attempting to reduce that by using glute fat.

The handful of Tesa shots I've done in the glute have gone really well — no pinch, no pain.

When my next batch of KLOW arrives, I plan to try this method with it too.
 
gimmeshelter said:

BNLFL said:

RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
Alright, let me lay this out completely so somebody can jump in with "whoa, absolutely not, stop right there." For reconstitution I'm putting 1ml of bac water into r10, which works out to 2 full syringes — 50ml syringes, .5ml each.

otherwise....

Another option: split it into 4 fills at 50ml (200ml total), and in that case 10ml would come to .5mg reta instead of 1.0. (my starting dose is going to be .5mg)

Which route strikes u as less of a hassle.

My thinking is .5mg this week, then 1.0mg next week and hold there for 2 weeks to see how I feel.....
Are 1ml syringes not available?
 
BNLFL said:

gimmeshelter said:

BNLFL said:

RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
Alright, let me lay this out completely so somebody can jump in with "whoa, absolutely not, stop right there." For reconstitution I'm putting 1ml of bac water into r10, which works out to 2 full syringes — 50ml syringes, .5ml each.

otherwise....

Another option: split it into 4 fills at 50ml (200ml total), and in that case 10ml would come to .5mg reta instead of 1.0. (my starting dose is going to be .5mg)

Which route strikes u as less of a hassle.

My thinking is .5mg this week, then 1.0mg next week and hold there for 2 weeks to see how I feel.....
Are 1ml syringes not available?
That's the one the pharmacy handed to me yesterday.

So at this point, no.
 
BNLFL said:

gimmeshelter said:

BNLFL said:

RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
Alright, let me lay this out completely so somebody can jump in with "whoa, absolutely not, stop right there." For reconstitution I'm putting 1ml of bac water into r10, which works out to 2 full syringes — 50ml syringes, .5ml each.

otherwise....

Another option: split it into 4 fills at 50ml (200ml total), and in that case 10ml would come to .5mg reta instead of 1.0. (my starting dose is going to be .5mg)

Which route strikes u as less of a hassle.

My thinking is .5mg this week, then 1.0mg next week and hold there for 2 weeks to see how I feel.....
Are 1ml syringes not available?

For mixing it back up, I'm absolutely going to pick up a bigger syringe — that part was rough. It took somewhere around 6-8 min to reconstitute, and I'm just going to figure that's how it goes. Moving forward!
 
gimmeshelter said:

BNLFL said:

gimmeshelter said:

BNLFL said:

RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
Alright, let me lay this out completely so somebody can jump in with "whoa, absolutely not, stop right there." For reconstitution I'm putting 1ml of bac water into r10, which works out to 2 full syringes — 50ml syringes, .5ml each.

otherwise....

Another option: split it into 4 fills at 50ml (200ml total), and in that case 10ml would come to .5mg reta instead of 1.0. (my starting dose is going to be .5mg)

Which route strikes u as less of a hassle.

My thinking is .5mg this week, then 1.0mg next week and hold there for 2 weeks to see how I feel.....
Are 1ml syringes not available?
That's the one the pharmacy handed to me yesterday.

So at this point, no.
Best to browse the web. My own preference goes to Easy Touch or BD, currently Embeca. The Injection Shop over in the Vendor area carries ET at fair prices plus a discount for members.
 
gimmeshelter said:

BNLFL said:

RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
Alright, let me lay this out completely so somebody can jump in with "whoa, absolutely not, stop right there." For reconstitution I'm putting 1ml of bac water into r10, which works out to 2 full syringes — 50ml syringes, .5ml each.

otherwise....

Another option: split it into 4 fills at 50ml (200ml total), and in that case 10ml would come to .5mg reta instead of 1.0. (my starting dose is going to be .5mg)

Which route strikes u as less of a hassle.

My thinking is .5mg this week, then 1.0mg next week and hold there for 2 weeks to see how I feel.....
It looks like you're confusing ml with units. When you have a 0.5ml syringe, that equals 50 units. Therefore, if you filled it 4 times at 0.5ml each, you'd end up with 2ml total, which is 200 units.
 
Fostradamus said:

gimmeshelter said:

BNLFL said:

RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
Alright, let me lay this out completely so somebody can jump in with "whoa, absolutely not, stop right there." For reconstitution I'm putting 1ml of bac water into r10, which works out to 2 full syringes — 50ml syringes, .5ml each.

otherwise....

Another option: split it into 4 fills at 50ml (200ml total), and in that case 10ml would come to .5mg reta instead of 1.0. (my starting dose is going to be .5mg)

Which route strikes u as less of a hassle.

My thinking is .5mg this week, then 1.0mg next week and hold there for 2 weeks to see how I feel.....
It looks like you're confusing ml with units. When you have a 0.5ml syringe, that equals 50 units. Therefore, if you filled it 4 times at 0.5ml each, you'd end up with 2ml total, which is 200 units.
appreciate it. to make it as straightforward as possible, i went ahead and put 1ml into the r10 vial. new to this.
 
From what we've seen, 31g 5/16" or 8mm works best — they go in smoothly without hurting. There's a solid brand available on amazon.
 
bonelifts said:

From what we've seen, 31g 5/16" or 8mm works best — they go in smoothly without hurting. There's a solid brand available on amazon.
When I checked out needles on Amazon, the majority indicated they weren't sterile, so that's why I end up buying them from the pharmacy. The only issue is the length they provide, but based on this thread, it seems people are able to work with it.
 
Vash_ said:

RENjutsu said:

Hey everyone, I've been on retatrutide for several weeks now and noticed effects (mostly fat loss) (though it's tough to tell if that was mostly due to the effort I put in). I recently ordered from a source on here. Before, I was using 13mm needles, and now I have 12.7mm ones (the type UK pharmacies provide). Are these too big or too long? I'm aware many folks go with 8mm — is it fine to not push the needle all the way in? What angle works best? I've got a fair bit of belly fat, so I figure an angled approach with the 12.7mm should do the job — just looking for any tips! Thanks
12.7mm does the job well. Grab a fold of skin, pinch about an inch, then push the needle straight in.
Directly in? Do you not have concerns about that hitting intramuscular? Plenty of information online suggests this would probably end up IM
 
gimmeshelter said:

Fostradamus said:

gimmeshelter said:

BNLFL said:

RENjutsu said:

rettta said:

The insulin syringes I use measure 12.7mm with a 29 gauge needle. They're so small that you hardly notice them at all.
My main concern isn't pain from the needle — it's making sure I'm doing the injection properly and not going into muscle, etc. From what I understand, with sizes like 4-8mm you can just inject straight in without worrying about angles and that sort of thing.
I just squeeze a bit of skin together and insert it directly, without any tilt.

HereKittyKitty said:

I’m currently using an 8mm. I recently picked up some 6mm to test out.
I'm interested in the 6mm option too, please report back.

gimmeshelter said:

alright, alright — beginner questions here, mostly just want to double-check.

Yesterday I went out to get syringes. They aren't kept on the shelf, though buying them is legal where I am in North Carolina, USA. At one CVS the staff stared at me as if I were some kind of dr** addi**. At another location the person seemed a bit puzzled, but still sold me this size.

If you don't mind, can you confirm this works for reta when doing a 90 degree straight in jab into pinched belly fat?

1/2ml 31g 6m. I'm amazed at how small the needle is. Today is my first jab.
That works. What dosage in mg are you using?

31g works well, but as @Calm Logic pointed out, pulling liquid from the vial into the syringe can be difficult, and it isn't due to vial pressure. I discovered this 2 injections back. I figured it was my technique. Allowing the vials to warm up at room temperature for a while appears to make it easier. I have a few hundred of them, so I'll adapt, it just takes a few extra seconds. Filling with my 30g was much simpler.
Alright, let me lay this out completely so somebody can jump in with "whoa, absolutely not, stop right there." For reconstitution I'm putting 1ml of bac water into r10, which works out to 2 full syringes — 50ml syringes, .5ml each.

otherwise....

Another option: split it into 4 fills at 50ml (200ml total), and in that case 10ml would come to .5mg reta instead of 1.0. (my starting dose is going to be .5mg)

Which route strikes u as less of a hassle.

My thinking is .5mg this week, then 1.0mg next week and hold there for 2 weeks to see how I feel.....
It looks like you're confusing ml with units. When you have a 0.5ml syringe, that equals 50 units. Therefore, if you filled it 4 times at 0.5ml each, you'd end up with 2ml total, which is 200 units.
appreciate it. to make it as straightforward as possible, i went ahead and put 1ml into the r10 vial. new to this.
Until you move up to the larger vials, this is the best approach

bonelifts said:

From what we've seen, 31g 5/16" or 8mm works best — they go in smoothly without hurting. There's a solid brand available on amazon.
Which one are you referring to?
 
RENjutsu said:

Vash_ said:

RENjutsu said:

Hey everyone, I've been on retatrutide for several weeks now and noticed effects (mostly fat loss) (though it's tough to tell if that was mostly due to the effort I put in). I recently ordered from a source on here. Before, I was using 13mm needles, and now I have 12.7mm ones (the type UK pharmacies provide). Are these too big or too long? I'm aware many folks go with 8mm — is it fine to not push the needle all the way in? What angle works best? I've got a fair bit of belly fat, so I figure an angled approach with the 12.7mm should do the job — just looking for any tips! Thanks
12.7mm does the job well. Grab a fold of skin, pinch about an inch, then push the needle straight in.
Directly in? Do you not have concerns about that hitting intramuscular? Plenty of information online suggests this would probably end up IM
No worries at all. None. Every night I inject growth, BPC, and TB using a 12.7mm needle.
 
RENjutsu said:

Hey everyone, I've been on retatrutide for several weeks now and noticed effects (mostly fat loss) (though it's tough to tell if that was mostly due to the effort I put in). I recently ordered from a source on here. Before, I was using 13mm needles, and now I have 12.7mm ones (the type UK pharmacies provide). Are these too big or too long? I'm aware many folks go with 8mm — is it fine to not push the needle all the way in? What angle works best? I've got a fair bit of belly fat, so I figure an angled approach with the 12.7mm should do the job — just looking for any tips! Thanks
When it comes to syringe needles, 31 gauge and 4-6mm. As for pen needles used with glps and similar, 32G 4mm, though with GHK-cu and mixes containing it, 8-mm has been sufficient to keep stinging away. In my case..

A longer needle moving around and possibly nicking blood vessels is not something I want. I keep it as short as possible.
 
sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
 
Back
Top