SubQ injection needle size — seeking guidance

BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
Should you obtain sterile vials and move your pep into them (filtering is something I'd suggest), the caps on those are the thinner self-healing type — skinny needles go through them without trouble and they don't blunt the needle as quickly!
 
BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
I attempted injecting into the middle area, but apparently I'm too heavy-handed or something along those lines. Sometimes the needle actually warps while I'm injecting. Subcutaneous needle sticks don't faze me. An IV drug user, though? I don't believe I could ever manage that.
 
sheilarae74 said:

BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
I attempted injecting into the middle area, but apparently I'm too heavy-handed or something along those lines. Sometimes the needle actually warps while I'm injecting. Subcutaneous needle sticks don't faze me. An IV drug user, though? I don't believe I could ever manage that.
The majority of suppliers ship with those thick stoppers. Re-drawing and measuring doses isn't what they're designed for. Transferring the contents into a fresh vial that has a self-healing cap is what you ought to do.
 
desinr-gal said:

sheilarae74 said:

BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
I attempted injecting into the middle area, but apparently I'm too heavy-handed or something along those lines. Sometimes the needle actually warps while I'm injecting. Subcutaneous needle sticks don't faze me. An IV drug user, though? I don't believe I could ever manage that.
The majority of suppliers ship with those thick stoppers. Re-drawing and measuring doses isn't what they're designed for. Transferring the contents into a fresh vial that has a self-healing cap is what you ought to do.
That's exactly my approach, yet the stopper feels just as unyielding as the ones the powder arrives in.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

desinr-gal said:

sheilarae74 said:

BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
I attempted injecting into the middle area, but apparently I'm too heavy-handed or something along those lines. Sometimes the needle actually warps while I'm injecting. Subcutaneous needle sticks don't faze me. An IV drug user, though? I don't believe I could ever manage that.
The majority of suppliers ship with those thick stoppers. Re-drawing and measuring doses isn't what they're designed for. Transferring the contents into a fresh vial that has a self-healing cap is what you ought to do.
That's exactly my approach, yet the stopper feels just as unyielding as the ones the powder arrives in.
Is that right? Mine look exactly the same as what you'd get at a pharmacy. Aren't they supposed to be self-sealing? Designed to be punctured repeatedly..
 
desinr-gal said:

sheilarae74 said:

BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
I attempted injecting into the middle area, but apparently I'm too heavy-handed or something along those lines. Sometimes the needle actually warps while I'm injecting. Subcutaneous needle sticks don't faze me. An IV drug user, though? I don't believe I could ever manage that.
The majority of suppliers ship with those thick stoppers. Re-drawing and measuring doses isn't what they're designed for. Transferring the contents into a fresh vial that has a self-healing cap is what you ought to do.
Before mixing up another batch this weekend, I have some empty vials on the way, and I'm hoping their stoppers are thinner. I still have roughly 80 of those syringes with thin needles. The ones I use when reconstituting are noticeably thicker — 26g, if I remember right.
 
desinr-gal said:

HereKittyKitty said:

desinr-gal said:

sheilarae74 said:

BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
I attempted injecting into the middle area, but apparently I'm too heavy-handed or something along those lines. Sometimes the needle actually warps while I'm injecting. Subcutaneous needle sticks don't faze me. An IV drug user, though? I don't believe I could ever manage that.
The majority of suppliers ship with those thick stoppers. Re-drawing and measuring doses isn't what they're designed for. Transferring the contents into a fresh vial that has a self-healing cap is what you ought to do.
That's exactly my approach, yet the stopper feels just as unyielding as the ones the powder arrives in.
Is that right? Mine look exactly the same as what you'd get at a pharmacy. Aren't they supposed to be self-sealing? Designed to be punctured repeatedly..
These vials are sterile, self-healing, and non-pyrogenic. Honestly, when it comes to piercing them, I don't notice them being any easier—or only slightly easier—than the vials of lyophilized powder.
 
For my glp1 use (sema and reta), I go with 30g 8mm insulin syringes. Does anyone have input regarding Ghc-cu? I'll be beginning it shortly — is it fine to stick with the same dimensions, or would a different option be better?
 
desinr-gal said:

HereKittyKitty said:

desinr-gal said:

sheilarae74 said:

BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
I attempted injecting into the middle area, but apparently I'm too heavy-handed or something along those lines. Sometimes the needle actually warps while I'm injecting. Subcutaneous needle sticks don't faze me. An IV drug user, though? I don't believe I could ever manage that.
The majority of suppliers ship with those thick stoppers. Re-drawing and measuring doses isn't what they're designed for. Transferring the contents into a fresh vial that has a self-healing cap is what you ought to do.
That's exactly my approach, yet the stopper feels just as unyielding as the ones the powder arrives in.
Is that right? Mine look exactly the same as what you'd get at a pharmacy. Aren't they supposed to be self-sealing? Designed to be punctured repeatedly..
Could you share your source for these? If the answer is Hawaii, then I'm not interested.
 
BNLFL said:

desinr-gal said:

HereKittyKitty said:

desinr-gal said:

sheilarae74 said:

BNLFL said:

sheilarae74 said:

I ended up with 31g 8mm at no cost. Once these run out, my plan is to switch to 29g or a larger gauge. In my experience, the 31g needles bend far too easily.
With the 29, there's slightly more of a sting compared to the 31. The 30g ones I had, my wife couldn't stand them. I only had a small number of those, and they're being used for another purpose now. Bending does happen with the 31, though it's mostly when piercing the stopper. By now I've gotten the technique fairly well. Hitting it dead center makes a huge difference.
I attempted injecting into the middle area, but apparently I'm too heavy-handed or something along those lines. Sometimes the needle actually warps while I'm injecting. Subcutaneous needle sticks don't faze me. An IV drug user, though? I don't believe I could ever manage that.
The majority of suppliers ship with those thick stoppers. Re-drawing and measuring doses isn't what they're designed for. Transferring the contents into a fresh vial that has a self-healing cap is what you ought to do.
That's exactly my approach, yet the stopper feels just as unyielding as the ones the powder arrives in.
Is that right? Mine look exactly the same as what you'd get at a pharmacy. Aren't they supposed to be self-sealing? Designed to be punctured repeatedly..
Could you share your source for these? If the answer is Hawaii, then I'm not interested.
I've ordered from a few different suppliers over time, so I honestly can't recall which one it was. What you want to watch for in the listing:

Sterile, self healing injection port, and description that mentions many uses or draws.

These came up in a quick Google search — I've never actually ordered from them myself.



9da5be5c37a65f33d9ea552dc73b4ea288dcc35a5381e0bd2c42c66b26fe1d59.jpg




Sterile Empty Vials with Self Healing Injection Port,with Flip Off Aluminum Cap,Sterile Package (3ml,10)



Sterile Empty Vials with Self Healing Injection Port,with Flip Off Aluminum Cap,Sterile Package (3ml,10)

9769c2f6ebcb76b4ba436a47f88c2216d51c8c375fccecc4eb9752e240364a4c.png



www.premiumvials.com

I've come across claims that Ks-Tek vials underwent testing..but I have no way to verify that



087703171bf80d801870cd57478bedcb4945be63fae257c0ae1b448d70fdb156.jpg




Ks-Tek Sterile Empty Vials with Self Healing Injection Port,with Alumi



Single Dose Glass Teartop VialAluminum CapSterile packageSteam sterilization Ks-Tek Sterile Empty Vials Steam sterilization: 121°C 20min Individual package ?Sterilization indicator bag shows completion of sterilization Aluminum-plastic cover : 13/20mm Color Filp Off Self Healing Injection...

ks-tek.com
 
I've heard ALK is the brand you want, and that it should be sterile and non-pyrogenic. KS-Tech was also mentioned to me as a reliable, safe option.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

I've heard ALK is the brand you want, and that it should be sterile and non-pyrogenic. KS-Tech was also mentioned to me as a reliable, safe option.
Could you share a link to the ALK vials, young lady? I've got 10 vials of KS-Tech at 3ml. Looks like I'll be beginning the filtering process.
 
BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I've heard ALK is the brand you want, and that it should be sterile and non-pyrogenic. KS-Tech was also mentioned to me as a reliable, safe option.
Could you share a link to the ALK vials, young lady? I've got 10 vials of KS-Tech at 3ml. Looks like I'll be beginning the filtering process.
Finally, man.
 
medical-and-lab-supplies.com

biopharmworld.com

premiumvials.com is another one, I think.

My belief is that InjectionShop and PeptideTest stock them too. Whether they're ALK, I'm not sure. I can't recall.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I've heard ALK is the brand you want, and that it should be sterile and non-pyrogenic. KS-Tech was also mentioned to me as a reliable, safe option.
Could you share a link to the ALK vials, young lady? I've got 10 vials of KS-Tech at 3ml. Looks like I'll be beginning the filtering process.
Finally, man.
Looks like I may be in the market for a filter supplier. 😁
 
BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I've heard ALK is the brand you want, and that it should be sterile and non-pyrogenic. KS-Tech was also mentioned to me as a reliable, safe option.
Could you share a link to the ALK vials, young lady? I've got 10 vials of KS-Tech at 3ml. Looks like I'll be beginning the filtering process.
From what I understand, KS-Tech should work perfectly well. If you've already got those, there's no need to switch to a different option.
 
BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I've heard ALK is the brand you want, and that it should be sterile and non-pyrogenic. KS-Tech was also mentioned to me as a reliable, safe option.
Could you share a link to the ALK vials, young lady? I've got 10 vials of KS-Tech at 3ml. Looks like I'll be beginning the filtering process.
Finally, man.
Looks like I may be in the market for a filter supplier. 😁
Am I supposed to handle every single thing on your behalf???? 😂😂😂
 
HereKittyKitty said:

BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I've heard ALK is the brand you want, and that it should be sterile and non-pyrogenic. KS-Tech was also mentioned to me as a reliable, safe option.
Could you share a link to the ALK vials, young lady? I've got 10 vials of KS-Tech at 3ml. Looks like I'll be beginning the filtering process.
Finally, man.
Looks like I may be in the market for a filter supplier. 😁
Am I supposed to handle every single thing on your behalf???? 😂😂😂
Hahahaha. If you wouldn't mind. 🤣 Right now I've got 10 filters. Would using 1 filter to reconstitute two vials be alright?
 
Began with 8mm 30g 1ml syringes...then moved over to 5ml 31g pens and it's been great! I still keep the 30g around for reconstitution and moving into pen vials, though
 
WLBLD said:

If your goal is the smallest possible option, pen needles are the tiniest. For something small and thin, 4mm 32g fits that description
What you described matches what I went through! Thanks so much, and mahalos for those tiny green-label pen needles!
 
Back
Top