Safeguarding the vial's top

morrisultra

Explorer
Joined
Feb 13, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Italy
Hi everyone,

once the cap comes off the vial, what do you use to cover its top? It bothers me to leave the vials "naked" in the fridge, so I wrap some film around them, but to me that feels a bit crude.

Are there other tools or methods for protecting the top of the vial?
 
I store my opened vials inside a container, which blocks light, and now and then I put on a vial cap.

TPU caps are the flexible kind you want to search for. Some vial caps have come my way through purchases of other pep-related supplies. Fit is hit or miss. Once, a rigid vial cap yanked off the silver crimp along with the stopper. Luckily, that vial had only its final dose left.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

I store my opened vials inside a container, which blocks light, and now and then I put on a vial cap.

TPU caps are the flexible kind you want to search for. Some vial caps have come my way through purchases of other pep-related supplies. Fit is hit or miss. Once, a rigid vial cap yanked off the silver crimp along with the stopper. Luckily, that vial had only its final dose left.
Appreciate the tips! I checked around the web already, and I’m leaning toward picking up a few of those caps.
 
If you use alcohol to wipe them, there's nothing to worry about. There's no reason to overthink this or reinvent the wheel 😮‍💨😮‍💨
 
Their bare state in the fridge didn't sit well with me either. As for being bare, that's reserved for when I'm running around the house without clothes. Give yourself a second to erase that mental picture, and take a look at this photo instead: the silicone caps I purchased from Amazon. This version is sized for 3mm peptide vials. I picked up the 5mm ones too, and those work on my opened BAC bottle.





b6ab90b3f720fafecd0c31d9e0bfa49b3dd648c66ae78dd92d26b093544096d9.webp
 
Think about it: once you put those caps on, you're giving bacteria a place to live. That's likely the reason they're only sold on Etsy and AliExpress, and not by medical supply companies.
 
Beardboost said:

Think about it: once you put those caps on, you're giving bacteria a place to live. That's likely the reason they're only sold on Etsy and AliExpress, and not by medical supply companies.
Before putting the caps back on, I clean both the interior and exterior using alcohol. Hopefully this is useful?
 
AcadiaPeptides said:

Beardboost said:

Think about it: once you put those caps on, you're giving bacteria a place to live. That's likely the reason they're only sold on Etsy and AliExpress, and not by medical supply companies.
Before putting the caps back on, I clean both the interior and exterior using alcohol. Hopefully this is useful?

Same here — I wipe it down both before and after each instance I handle the cap.
 
Mine don't come with caps at all. They simply break away, and a bit of metal or similar stays on the rubber stopper part. Before I use them, I clean those off using alcohol wipes.
 
morrisultra said:

Hi everyone,

once the cap comes off the vial, what do you use to cover its top? It bothers me to leave the vials "naked" in the fridge, so I wrap some film around them, but to me that feels a bit crude.

Are there other tools or methods for protecting the top of the vial?
This is what I rely on: —-> Vial Protective Caps

They are simple to clean and disinfect for repeated use, and they come in multiple sizes.
 
AcadiaPeptides said:

Their bare state in the fridge didn't sit well with me either. As for being bare, that's reserved for when I'm running around the house without clothes. Give yourself a second to erase that mental picture, and take a look at this photo instead: the silicone caps I purchased from Amazon. This version is sized for 3mm peptide vials. I picked up the 5mm ones too, and those work on my opened BAC bottle.





View attachment 11267
Exactly — I rely on them too, and for me they're super handy.
 
Thanks for all the replies — it’s clear opinions differ on this, so there’s no single accepted method for keeping a vial protected. My plan is to give the caps a shot, sanitize them each time, and also pick up an airtight case.
 
To me the idea is strange, given how porous 3D prints are, the fact that the medical field has not embraced them, and the chance to keep my vials apart from where I store food.

When I filter a vial, I wipe the stoppers, and the vial(s) waiting to receive will have their wipe sitting on top of the vial until I'm ready to use that vial... that's as far as my covering goes.
 
Funny that this comes up now — my order from J just showed up, and inside the box there was a little baggie of caps. Can't see myself bothering with them.
 
Volkswagen57 said:

If you use alcohol to wipe them, there's nothing to worry about. There's no reason to overthink this or reinvent the wheel 😮‍💨😮‍💨
Using caps is in no way mandatory. Personally, I find them charming, and they make it easier for me to identify each vial when glancing at them from above.
 
If my reconstituted vials were kept in the same cooled air and space as raw meats, spoiled leftovers, coli, listeria, salmonella, staph, fungi, and the like, then I would put each one into its own medicine bottle — a practice I have observed in medical settings.

As a rule, kitchen refrigerators are filthy places where things multiply.
 
woundcarping said:

If my reconstituted vials were kept in the same cooled air and space as raw meats, spoiled leftovers, coli, listeria, salmonella, staph, fungi, and the like, then I would put each one into its own medicine bottle — a practice I have observed in medical settings.

As a rule, kitchen refrigerators are filthy places where things multiply.
Is a garage fridge containing only beer, water, and a few sodas preferable? No food whatsoever. @HereKittyKitty I already mentioned that garage fridges are excellent.
 
Back
Top