FarmgirlRebel
Explorer
I'm stepping down from 5mg to 2.5mg...yet the pounds keep coming off, and that's got my husband worried now that I'm nearing the 130s...nailing down that ideal dose is quite the journey.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The clear solution in this case is to train with weights until you achieve the leanness you desire while remaining at 200 lbs.Flash-BCR said:
I just had a weight conversation this morning with, "she who must be obeyed"...I mentioned I am almost below 200lbs now and she assumed I would stop there...My goal weight has always been 190 so that I have plenty of buffer so that I never go over 200 again. Thus the plan of staying on GLPs...10 years ago, I came back from 2 1/2 month backpacking adventure at 170lbs and she repeated she doesn't want to be with a 'skinny man'...so she's worried my well known obsessions are just for a weight loss spiral down...I have explained it is all about being a healthier old man and all that good goes with that...but I am sure she is keeping an eye on me...
Click to expand...
That is basically where my head is at....Getting to the target number just means arriving at a point where I have to evaluate my 190lb frame and make it better, all while keeping the scale from drifting either direction. Hiking has always been part of who I am, and I want to bring that back for my legs and cardio. Walks are what I have been doing, but there are mountains close by that I have to build back up to...There is also a gym within an easy walk where I plan to sign up for a 'Silver Sneakers' membership covered by medi-care...plus I have a dumbell rack 5lb thru 20lb sitting in the closet beside my 'brand-new 2 cu ft peptide chest freezer' that arrived today...SVT810E said:
The correct answer here is to lift weights until you’re both as lean as you want and still 200 lbs.
Click to expand...
People I work with have been telling me, in a nice way, that losing weight has made me seem a bit older. At the same time, though, I've dyed my hair blonde, I've been wearing short dresses, and I'm constantly tanned from riding my bike, so the overall impression is "like you're gonna go to highland park, marry an eighty year old billionaire, and spend all day sneaking up on him and yelling BOO." Honestly, they have a point. Somehow I give off the vibe of a wealthy older woman these days; I'd guess it's because I come across as 45, thin, and without a care, and those things tend to signal wealth.BNLFL said:
My wife is like that, but tell her I'll back down soon. I'll run into people I haven't seen in a while and some ask if I'm sick. I just say I'm dieting.
Click to expand...
Quick fix to something I said earlier — it's a minor detail, but I got my weight loss numbers wrong, and honestly the real figure is even better. As of now I've wrapped up week 11, so I'm closing in on 3 months. My total shots so far: 13 low-dose Tirzep and 5 low-dose Reta. The scale shows a 30lb drop, which works out to 2.5lbs per week — that has me thrilled. Energy-wise I feel amazing, and it seems realistic to keep this going indefinitely. That said, I know this is the honeymoon period. Everyone says the initial 90 days are the smoothest, but I have to say it loudly: GLPs do an incredible job of blunting diet fatigue.BNLFL said:
Yeah, my BP, cholesterol, and A1C have all improved thanks to it.Monjay said:
Reta has delivered strong results for me up to this point. Beyond the fat loss, there's been a side effect I didn't anticipate. Maybe others have gone through the same thing, but the mental haze I used to have is basically gone now that I'm on it. My productivity and drive are way higher than they were before, back when brain fog was a constant problem and I struggled to find any motivation to finish tasks.bay_area_schizo said:
given how much my fat ass enjoys eating, I'm ready to stay on a maintenance dose forever
That works out to 3.3lbs/week. From what I've heard, that's a bit quicker than recommended.Whiynot20026 said:
I've got a plan worked out. In 9 weeks I've dropped 30lbs, which is a pretty quick pace. Today I'm sitting at 220. My goal idea is 190, though like I mentioned earlier, I want to actually see my abs. Not 8% abs — closer to 15% abs. Under no circumstances do I want to exceed 5MGs per week, no matter how the weight loss drugs are combined. During maintenance I intend to use less. Should it turn out I need more than 5MGs, I might rethink things and just stay heavier. I'm not locked into this. It's simply the plan my wife and I have been talking over from the start. I've gotten to know quite a few of you on the forum, and I can see the doses you're running, so I'm fairly confident we'll end up matching yours. Right now GLPs are a tool, and they're only a tiny piece of my overall journey. The real priorities each week, well above my injections, are hard work, precise eating and rest.
Bill
Does your supplement insurance cover it at no cost, or is it a lower amount? I've also come across mention of a program designed for seniors, and from what I understand you don't have unrestricted access to everything. That's only what I've heard, though. Around here, Planet Fitness offers it.Flash-BCR said:
to get a 'Silver Sneakers' membership paid through medi-care
Click to expand...
I'm a 45-year-old woman too, and I look older now than when I was heavier. Some days it really gets to me, other days I think being at a healthy weight with extra facial wrinkles is clearly the better choice. But my neck is what really worries me.randompersonrandom said:
My team at work says (gently) that I look a little older now that I'm thin, but the fact that I've also gone blonde and started wearing short dresses and always have a tan from bicycling makes me look "like you're gonna go to highland park, marry an eighty year old billionaire, and spend all day sneaking up on him and yelling BOO," which they're not actually wrong about. I LOOK like a rich older woman in this current era somehow; probably because I look 45, slim, and carefree, which are all kind of hallmarks of being rich.
Click to expand...
Absolutely! Having that constant chatter about food gone feels amazing.JuneBug1956 said:
I'm in this for life. Through trial and error, I've landed on an eating and workout routine that suits me. On top of that, I'm constantly seeking that quieting of hunger, which tells me my appetite is still lurking underneath — and I'd rather not have it rear its head if I can avoid it. What I cherish is the empty mental space regarding food, that indifferent sensation. Maintenance has been my reality for 1 year now; it does get less difficult, but the doses haven't gone down… I can stretch them out further apart at this point, though.
I'm still running the big 3. Tirz gets taken every 8-9 days, Sema comes 3 days after that, and Cagri lands @ day 5 following the Tirz. My Tirz is 10 mg, reduced from 15 mg (so that's lower), and Sema is 2 mg, down from 2.5. Cagri I sometimes use at 2 mg, though I can skip it for a few extra days. On all of them, going up or down by 2-4 units doesn't seem to trigger side effects for me. I figured I'd drop the Cagri, but oddly it hands me more energy. Tesofensine I did stop, and I definitely miss it. What's your current routine?HereKittyKitty said:
Absolutely! Having that constant chatter about food gone feels amazing.JuneBug1956 said:
I'm in this for life. Through trial and error, I've landed on an eating and workout routine that suits me. On top of that, I'm constantly seeking that quieting of hunger, which tells me my appetite is still lurking underneath — and I'd rather not have it rear its head if I can avoid it. What I cherish is the empty mental space regarding food, that indifferent sensation. Maintenance has been my reality for 1 year now; it does get less difficult, but the doses haven't gone down… I can stretch them out further apart at this point, though.
When you're maintaining, do you stick with the same dose you used during your final weight-loss phase? And how many days do you now put between each dose? I hope it's okay that I'm asking.
The final 5 pounds put up the biggest fight. I stopped pushing for them. After that, I spent 3 straight days walking more than 5 miles around NYc, and the weight came off. Strange how that works. My routine includes swimming 3 times per week (1 mile each time) plus weight training with Les Mills body pump. What made the difference was the walking. These days my weight only fluctuates by 2 lbs.HereKittyKitty said:
I've got roughly the last 5 pounds to shed. Might set a fresh target for myself. I'll decide once I'm there. My aim is to weigh what I did when I was swimming at my best.
Tz 10 every 6 days
Survo 1.5 every 6 days, staggered by 3 days