Once You Hit Your Goal Weight: Quit Suddenly or Keep Maintaining?

JuneBug1956 said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I've got roughly the last 5 pounds to shed. Might set a fresh target for myself. I'll decide once I'm there. My aim is to weigh what I did when I was swimming at my best.

Tz 10 every 6 days

Survo 1.5 every 6 days, staggered by 3 days
The final 5 pounds put up the biggest fight. I stopped pushing for them. After that, I spent 3 straight days walking more than 5 miles around NYc, and the weight came off. Strange how that works. My routine includes swimming 3 times per week (1 mile each time) plus weight training with Les Mills body pump. What made the difference was the walking. These days my weight only fluctuates by 2 lbs.
Those things are a bear! I'm stubborn, and if it comes down to it, I'll battle the whole way. LOL
 
HereKittyKitty said:

JuneBug1956 said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I've got roughly the last 5 pounds to shed. Might set a fresh target for myself. I'll decide once I'm there. My aim is to weigh what I did when I was swimming at my best.

Tz 10 every 6 days

Survo 1.5 every 6 days, staggered by 3 days
The final 5 pounds put up the biggest fight. I stopped pushing for them. After that, I spent 3 straight days walking more than 5 miles around NYc, and the weight came off. Strange how that works. My routine includes swimming 3 times per week (1 mile each time) plus weight training with Les Mills body pump. What made the difference was the walking. These days my weight only fluctuates by 2 lbs.
Those things are a bear! I'm stubborn, and if it comes down to it, I'll battle the whole way. LOL
Rise, fall back, and do it all over again.
 
Having reviewed the remission data thoroughly, my plan is to stay on maintenance. The upside is that I can drop my blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes medications. So if swapping three prescriptions for 1 that also clears up my fatty liver counts as a win, then I'm taking it.
 
BNLFL said:

HereKittyKitty said:

JuneBug1956 said:

HereKittyKitty said:

I've got roughly the last 5 pounds to shed. Might set a fresh target for myself. I'll decide once I'm there. My aim is to weigh what I did when I was swimming at my best.

Tz 10 every 6 days

Survo 1.5 every 6 days, staggered by 3 days
The final 5 pounds put up the biggest fight. I stopped pushing for them. After that, I spent 3 straight days walking more than 5 miles around NYc, and the weight came off. Strange how that works. My routine includes swimming 3 times per week (1 mile each time) plus weight training with Les Mills body pump. What made the difference was the walking. These days my weight only fluctuates by 2 lbs.
Those things are a bear! I'm stubborn, and if it comes down to it, I'll battle the whole way. LOL
Rise, fall back, and do it all over again.
Absolutely not. I want these things out of my life for good. That said, my jeans are getting loose. At my age, I'd be thrilled to fit into a 4-6 again. I'll never go back to wearing kids' tops or jackets. Carrying extra weight did give me a full bust. Ugh.
 
My plan is to keep taking a maintenance dose. My ADHD medication is now at 50% of the previous amount, and overall several of my symptoms have become much milder. On top of that, it's a huge relief not to have food on my mind all the time. Returning to my pre-tirz state doesn't seem possible to me.
 
I'm 6lbs from hitting my target, but to be honest, I won't quit once I'm there. I'll stick with maintenance purely to keep my eating habits in check.
 
Back
Top