randompersonrandom
Explorer
Tinker said:
Way to go on arriving at a point where the scale tips in your favor permanently.
Now you've got zero reason to put off building a fresh closet that's far more fashionable.
How do you intend to hold the line once you're there?
According to 'studies', it looks like roughly 18 months in, GLP-1s tend to produce extremely sluggish further loss from that point.
Does that mean staying at the same dose is how you keep a weight steady?
Or do you figure on easing it back somewhat?
I've put in time hunting for people who've shed pounds, both here and over on the Reddit channels, and hardly anyone seems to have a strategy or even a notion about what could pan out and what won't.
Those who do usually land on 'I'll work out heavily and taper my dose gradually until it's zero', nothing more...at least on Reddit.
IMHO I doubt that pans out, GLP-1s are required to fix an imbalance that has wrecked metabolic pathways. Take away that fix and regaining the weight becomes unavoidable.
There's another snag too: what do hunger cues even look like for someone on GLP-1?
Meaning, getting the calories required to hold energy steady, before drawing on fat reserves, was simple while heavy, but now that those huge fat reserves are gone, keeping things steady seems tougher.
Do you have steady energy for the stuff you enjoy doing?
Hitting empty in the middle of a pleasant walk is annoying...not sleepy, not muscles fatigued, just lacking the energy to move, all shaky.
BTW it is NOT about protein levels, it's something else...keep up the protein, but for adding muscle mass, what more is required to boost the 'I can do things now since I'm not dragging around 50 extra pounds' while avoiding the no-energy issue?
For some time now I've been throwing around ideas, hunting for answers...any insight you've got would be fantastic.
Once more, congrats on reaching your ideal weight.
I hope you keep posting, reading what you write brightens my day...very spicy.![]()
My clothes have followed the exact same path as my body. Whenever I shopped, I'd pick up items that fit at that moment, plus at least 1 piece that was only a LITTLE too tight. Thredup and Poshmark were my main sources, but a week or 2 back I also got a brand new yellow dress that looked stunning and cost me just twenty dollars. Definitely worth it.
My view is that whatever dose brought you to this point is the dose that keeps you here, so 12.5 mg looks like it'll be my maintenance amount. The entire time, I've never tracked calories, aside from doing a fast mental tally per meal when I had the numbers, which was frequently, and I aim to follow "no sweets, no snacks, no second helpings unless I'm out with friends, and even then, try not to go nuts."
I doubt that "not losing any more weight" will be even slightly hard; I plateaued from mid December to march since I wasn't putting in much effort, and I only resumed losing once I began trying again. I figure "eat right but don't try too hard" will work fine as maintenance.