Norway To all Norwegians😊

I'm based in the area right outside Oslo. Still, I'd steer clear of having your products sent through posten. Going with FedEx is far superior.
 
Vikings said:

longestyards said:

Vikings said:

longestyards said:

Hi everyone, I’ve never purchased anything from China. So receiving a package from China at this point feels a little odd? Has anyone else dealt with the same situation, and did it end up being okay?
Did you buy anything from China? And who exactly would find that suspicious?
Yeah, I’ve ordered a few things, wink wink. My thought was that it could look odd when someone has no history of buying from China and then out of nowhere a package that looks like mail shows up. If I were working customs, I’d give those letters or packages a closer look, if you catch my drift. That’s only for a first order, though. If a person regularly purchases through Alibaba or similar, then it doesn’t raise the same suspicion.
Apologies for responding so late. Nobody monitors what nation you're in or what shows up in your mailbox.
Previously I bought different items, and on both occasions customs took them… it seems Norway enforces particularly strict border checks (probably targeting certain nations, I'd guess).
 
Itamah said:

Has anybody located in Norway run into trouble with customs, like getting fined or ending up with a mark on their police certificate or criminal record? I'm asking since I want to know exactly what could happen before placing an order.
Earlier in this thread I said that 2 of my parcels had been taken by customs (they weren't glp1, they were other items). The police even sent me a letter warning that an investigation would follow if it happened again. That's why I quit. Still, my honest take is that Norwegian police are already swamped, so unless the shipments are large, they probably won't bother doing anything.
 
Waterheater said:

My order came from China, and honestly both shipping and customs went super fast. Peptides are new for me — this is the 1st time I've bought them — but I've had plenty of parcels arrive from China via AliExpress before. And really, a package from China doesn't raise any eyebrows these days. Even every grandma is shopping on Temu now.
I appreciate you telling me how it went for you.

Mind if I ask something?

Based on what you’ve dealt with, when shipping from China to Europe, which carriers or shipping methods have proven the most dependable?

My main concern is steering clear of lengthy waits or parcels being held up by customs.

Has the choice of shipping company made any noticeable difference in your case?

I’m in Norway too, fairly close to Oslo šŸ™‚

I’m just interested in what your shipping experience has been like.

Was everything delivered without problems, or did customs or delays cause trouble for you?

Thanks!
 
So far I’ve only placed 1 grey order, so I can’t say which courier or customs route works best. Not long ago, Norwegian media reported that close to 400 peptide-containing packages were seized in January. Still, given how few complaints show up on this forum, my guess is that’s only the tip of the iceberg?
 
Placed my 2nd order, and it arrived in Norway from China within 12 days. This one came via a different vendor, yet it cleared with zero issues.
 
Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.

As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before — roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.

Hope this helps.
 
miss-sanne said:

Vikings said:

Those open-minded folks just below us😊. Every one of us holds the Danes dear!
Norway has a special place in our hearts too.

Years back, not long after finishing my medical degree, I spent time working as a GP there. Those days were the absolute best — the landscapes, the locals, all of it — I still miss them.

I'd love to return, perhaps next year, for 3-4 months, bringing my child along while I work as a GP again.

Compared with Denmark at that time, it felt like the wild west, honestly. The stuff that went down in that tiny village, omg. (medical stuff..)
My ex-girlfriend was Swedish, and according to her, both Sweden and Norway have a soft spot for the Danes, yet the Danes get cast as the "naughty boys" within that trio. Is there any truth to that?

As for me, I have nothing but love for all of you. Fantastic countries and fantastic people (whose English puts most English people to shame!).
 
Spartans3000 said:

miss-sanne said:

Vikings said:

Those open-minded folks just below us😊. Every one of us holds the Danes dear!
Norway has a special place in our hearts too.

Years back, not long after finishing my medical degree, I spent time working as a GP there. Those days were the absolute best — the landscapes, the locals, all of it — I still miss them.

I'd love to return, perhaps next year, for 3-4 months, bringing my child along while I work as a GP again.

Compared with Denmark at that time, it felt like the wild west, honestly. The stuff that went down in that tiny village, omg. (medical stuff..)
My ex-girlfriend was Swedish, and according to her, both Sweden and Norway have a soft spot for the Danes, yet the Danes get cast as the "naughty boys" within that trio. Is there any truth to that?

As for me, I have nothing but love for all of you. Fantastic countries and fantastic people (whose English puts most English people to shame!).
Oh, what's the reason?? Is it due to cheaper alcohol and such? this is amusing. šŸ™‚
 
miss-sanne said:

Spartans3000 said:

miss-sanne said:

Vikings said:

Those open-minded folks just below us😊. Every one of us holds the Danes dear!
Norway has a special place in our hearts too.

Years back, not long after finishing my medical degree, I spent time working as a GP there. Those days were the absolute best — the landscapes, the locals, all of it — I still miss them.

I'd love to return, perhaps next year, for 3-4 months, bringing my child along while I work as a GP again.

Compared with Denmark at that time, it felt like the wild west, honestly. The stuff that went down in that tiny village, omg. (medical stuff..)
My ex-girlfriend was Swedish, and according to her, both Sweden and Norway have a soft spot for the Danes, yet the Danes get cast as the "naughty boys" within that trio. Is there any truth to that?

As for me, I have nothing but love for all of you. Fantastic countries and fantastic people (whose English puts most English people to shame!).
Oh, what's the reason?? Is it due to cheaper alcohol and such? this is amusing. šŸ™‚
That matches what I understand. Someone just mentioned to me that Danes have the reputation of being the "naughty" ones! Plenty of drinking and mischievous conduct!
 
Spartans3000 said:

miss-sanne said:

Spartans3000 said:

miss-sanne said:

Vikings said:

Those open-minded folks just below us😊. Every one of us holds the Danes dear!
Norway has a special place in our hearts too.

Years back, not long after finishing my medical degree, I spent time working as a GP there. Those days were the absolute best — the landscapes, the locals, all of it — I still miss them.

I'd love to return, perhaps next year, for 3-4 months, bringing my child along while I work as a GP again.

Compared with Denmark at that time, it felt like the wild west, honestly. The stuff that went down in that tiny village, omg. (medical stuff..)
My ex-girlfriend was Swedish, and according to her, both Sweden and Norway have a soft spot for the Danes, yet the Danes get cast as the "naughty boys" within that trio. Is there any truth to that?

As for me, I have nothing but love for all of you. Fantastic countries and fantastic people (whose English puts most English people to shame!).
Oh, what's the reason?? Is it due to cheaper alcohol and such? this is amusing. šŸ™‚
That matches what I understand. Someone just mentioned to me that Danes have the reputation of being the "naughty" ones! Plenty of drinking and mischievous conduct!
I mean, Norwegians come across as the wealthy crowd, while Swedes are the rule-abiding type, haha.

Copenhagen leans pretty liberal — plenty of partying, booze and drugs. There's a lot you can get away with without anyone judging you, though a fine might still land in your mailbox, lol.
 
longestyards said:

Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.

As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before — roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.

Hope this helps.
Which carrier delivers your orders? Do you use Fedex? Or does it come via GLY and Posten? Which one works best?
 
SSkidd said:

longestyards said:

Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.

As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before — roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.

Hope this helps.
Which carrier delivers your orders? Do you use Fedex? Or does it come via GLY and Posten? Which one works best?
While the parcel is still in China, the tracking number begins with GLY. Once it reaches Norway, it switches over to ā€œPostenā€. That pattern held for every one of the three orders I placed, and each of the three arrived without any issues.
 
longestyards said:

SSkidd said:

longestyards said:

Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.

As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before — roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.

Hope this helps.
Which carrier delivers your orders? Do you use Fedex? Or does it come via GLY and Posten? Which one works best?
While the parcel is still in China, the tracking number begins with GLY. Once it reaches Norway, it switches over to ā€œPostenā€. That pattern held for every one of the three orders I placed, and each of the three arrived without any issues.
Posten has taken two of my orders back-to-back, so nothing seems to make it through from there. Could be the packaging or the paperwork included. Are yours sent in stealth packaging?
 
SSkidd said:

longestyards said:

SSkidd said:

longestyards said:

Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.

As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before — roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.

Hope this helps.
Which carrier delivers your orders? Do you use Fedex? Or does it come via GLY and Posten? Which one works best?
While the parcel is still in China, the tracking number begins with GLY. Once it reaches Norway, it switches over to ā€œPostenā€. That pattern held for every one of the three orders I placed, and each of the three arrived without any issues.
Posten has taken two of my orders back-to-back, so nothing seems to make it through from there. Could be the packaging or the paperwork included. Are yours sent in stealth packaging?
Order 1: yes. Order 2: no. Order 3: yes. To be clear, none of my orders went over $600, so I'm not placing massive bulk orders. Could it be a different situation when the orders are huge?

Or perhaps your address has been flagged? Maybe you've previously attempted to bring in other non legal items? I recall that many years ago, at an old address, I also had some things seized on two occasions (not peptides).
 
For those of us in Norway (Oslo area), what's the general view on how often packages actually make it through? And if tollen intercepts it, are there any legal repercussions?
 
suriel said:

For those of us in Norway (Oslo area), what's the general view on how often packages actually make it through? And if tollen intercepts it, are there any legal repercussions?
8/8 worked, I stuck exclusively with vendors on this forum
 
Jack Paulie said:

suriel said:

For those of us in Norway (Oslo area), what's the general view on how often packages actually make it through? And if tollen intercepts it, are there any legal repercussions?
8/8 worked, I stuck exclusively with vendors on this forum
Dette var nyttig Ć„ vite, mange takk šŸ™‚
 
Vikings said:

Chili777 said:

I'm not from Norway, but I want to congratulate you all on an incredible Winter Olympics!! For such a small country, that was a truly remarkable showing. šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
Thanks! We do our best😊
I informed my husband that a Viking was taking his place. He is totally fine with it.
 
Back
Top