Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Previously I bought different items, and on both occasions customs took them⦠it seems Norway enforces particularly strict border checks (probably targeting certain nations, I'd guess).Vikings said:
Apologies for responding so late. Nobody monitors what nation you're in or what shows up in your mailbox.longestyards said:
Yeah, Iāve ordered a few things, wink wink. My thought was that it could look odd when someone has no history of buying from China and then out of nowhere a package that looks like mail shows up. If I were working customs, Iād give those letters or packages a closer look, if you catch my drift. Thatās only for a first order, though. If a person regularly purchases through Alibaba or similar, then it doesnāt raise the same suspicion.Vikings said:
Did you buy anything from China? And who exactly would find that suspicious?longestyards said:
Hi everyone, Iāve never purchased anything from China. So receiving a package from China at this point feels a little odd? Has anyone else dealt with the same situation, and did it end up being okay?
Earlier in this thread I said that 2 of my parcels had been taken by customs (they weren't glp1, they were other items). The police even sent me a letter warning that an investigation would follow if it happened again. That's why I quit. Still, my honest take is that Norwegian police are already swamped, so unless the shipments are large, they probably won't bother doing anything.Itamah said:
Has anybody located in Norway run into trouble with customs, like getting fined or ending up with a mark on their police certificate or criminal record? I'm asking since I want to know exactly what could happen before placing an order.
I appreciate you telling me how it went for you.Waterheater said:
My order came from China, and honestly both shipping and customs went super fast. Peptides are new for me ā this is the 1st time I've bought them ā but I've had plenty of parcels arrive from China via AliExpress before. And really, a package from China doesn't raise any eyebrows these days. Even every grandma is shopping on Temu now.
My ex-girlfriend was Swedish, and according to her, both Sweden and Norway have a soft spot for the Danes, yet the Danes get cast as the "naughty boys" within that trio. Is there any truth to that?miss-sanne said:
Norway has a special place in our hearts too.Vikings said:
Those open-minded folks just below us. Every one of us holds the Danes dear!
Years back, not long after finishing my medical degree, I spent time working as a GP there. Those days were the absolute best ā the landscapes, the locals, all of it ā I still miss them.
I'd love to return, perhaps next year, for 3-4 months, bringing my child along while I work as a GP again.
Compared with Denmark at that time, it felt like the wild west, honestly. The stuff that went down in that tiny village, omg. (medical stuff..)
Oh, what's the reason?? Is it due to cheaper alcohol and such? this is amusing.Spartans3000 said:
My ex-girlfriend was Swedish, and according to her, both Sweden and Norway have a soft spot for the Danes, yet the Danes get cast as the "naughty boys" within that trio. Is there any truth to that?miss-sanne said:
Norway has a special place in our hearts too.Vikings said:
Those open-minded folks just below us. Every one of us holds the Danes dear!
Years back, not long after finishing my medical degree, I spent time working as a GP there. Those days were the absolute best ā the landscapes, the locals, all of it ā I still miss them.
I'd love to return, perhaps next year, for 3-4 months, bringing my child along while I work as a GP again.
Compared with Denmark at that time, it felt like the wild west, honestly. The stuff that went down in that tiny village, omg. (medical stuff..)
As for me, I have nothing but love for all of you. Fantastic countries and fantastic people (whose English puts most English people to shame!).
That matches what I understand. Someone just mentioned to me that Danes have the reputation of being the "naughty" ones! Plenty of drinking and mischievous conduct!miss-sanne said:
Oh, what's the reason?? Is it due to cheaper alcohol and such? this is amusing.Spartans3000 said:
My ex-girlfriend was Swedish, and according to her, both Sweden and Norway have a soft spot for the Danes, yet the Danes get cast as the "naughty boys" within that trio. Is there any truth to that?miss-sanne said:
Norway has a special place in our hearts too.Vikings said:
Those open-minded folks just below us. Every one of us holds the Danes dear!
Years back, not long after finishing my medical degree, I spent time working as a GP there. Those days were the absolute best ā the landscapes, the locals, all of it ā I still miss them.
I'd love to return, perhaps next year, for 3-4 months, bringing my child along while I work as a GP again.
Compared with Denmark at that time, it felt like the wild west, honestly. The stuff that went down in that tiny village, omg. (medical stuff..)
As for me, I have nothing but love for all of you. Fantastic countries and fantastic people (whose English puts most English people to shame!).![]()
I mean, Norwegians come across as the wealthy crowd, while Swedes are the rule-abiding type, haha.Spartans3000 said:
That matches what I understand. Someone just mentioned to me that Danes have the reputation of being the "naughty" ones! Plenty of drinking and mischievous conduct!miss-sanne said:
Oh, what's the reason?? Is it due to cheaper alcohol and such? this is amusing.Spartans3000 said:
My ex-girlfriend was Swedish, and according to her, both Sweden and Norway have a soft spot for the Danes, yet the Danes get cast as the "naughty boys" within that trio. Is there any truth to that?miss-sanne said:
Norway has a special place in our hearts too.Vikings said:
Those open-minded folks just below us. Every one of us holds the Danes dear!
Years back, not long after finishing my medical degree, I spent time working as a GP there. Those days were the absolute best ā the landscapes, the locals, all of it ā I still miss them.
I'd love to return, perhaps next year, for 3-4 months, bringing my child along while I work as a GP again.
Compared with Denmark at that time, it felt like the wild west, honestly. The stuff that went down in that tiny village, omg. (medical stuff..)
As for me, I have nothing but love for all of you. Fantastic countries and fantastic people (whose English puts most English people to shame!).![]()
Which carrier delivers your orders? Do you use Fedex? Or does it come via GLY and Posten? Which one works best?longestyards said:
Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.
As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before ā roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.
Hope this helps.
While the parcel is still in China, the tracking number begins with GLY. Once it reaches Norway, it switches over to āPostenā. That pattern held for every one of the three orders I placed, and each of the three arrived without any issues.SSkidd said:
Which carrier delivers your orders? Do you use Fedex? Or does it come via GLY and Posten? Which one works best?longestyards said:
Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.
As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before ā roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.
Hope this helps.
Posten has taken two of my orders back-to-back, so nothing seems to make it through from there. Could be the packaging or the paperwork included. Are yours sent in stealth packaging?longestyards said:
While the parcel is still in China, the tracking number begins with GLY. Once it reaches Norway, it switches over to āPostenā. That pattern held for every one of the three orders I placed, and each of the three arrived without any issues.SSkidd said:
Which carrier delivers your orders? Do you use Fedex? Or does it come via GLY and Posten? Which one works best?longestyards said:
Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.
As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before ā roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.
Hope this helps.
Order 1: yes. Order 2: no. Order 3: yes. To be clear, none of my orders went over $600, so I'm not placing massive bulk orders. Could it be a different situation when the orders are huge?SSkidd said:
Posten has taken two of my orders back-to-back, so nothing seems to make it through from there. Could be the packaging or the paperwork included. Are yours sent in stealth packaging?longestyards said:
While the parcel is still in China, the tracking number begins with GLY. Once it reaches Norway, it switches over to āPostenā. That pattern held for every one of the three orders I placed, and each of the three arrived without any issues.SSkidd said:
Which carrier delivers your orders? Do you use Fedex? Or does it come via GLY and Posten? Which one works best?longestyards said:
Third order placed, and once again it came from the vendor I used previously. From the moment I ordered until it landed in my mailbox, 16 days passed, shipping from China to Norway.
As with the earlier order, 8 days went by before it reached Norway. Customs clearance, though, was quicker before ā roughly 3 days. On this occasion it needed 6 days. In both cases, customs processing began Monday morning and was finished in under an hour.
Hope this helps.
8/8 worked, I stuck exclusively with vendors on this forumsuriel said:
For those of us in Norway (Oslo area), what's the general view on how often packages actually make it through? And if tollen intercepts it, are there any legal repercussions?
Dette var nyttig Ć„ vite, mange takkJack Paulie said:
8/8 worked, I stuck exclusively with vendors on this forumsuriel said:
For those of us in Norway (Oslo area), what's the general view on how often packages actually make it through? And if tollen intercepts it, are there any legal repercussions?
I informed my husband that a Viking was taking his place. He is totally fine with it.Vikings said:
Thanks! We do our bestChili777 said:
I'm not from Norway, but I want to congratulate you all on an incredible Winter Olympics!! For such a small country, that was a truly remarkable showing.![]()
![]()