Loose skin after weight loss

eidos said:

SeaGypsy said:

eidos said:

desinr-gal said:

eidos said:

Yeah, it's a real pain. My older family members keep saying, "It's incredible how much you look like your grandfather."

I'm considering giving GHK Cu multi-pin a shot locally if things don't improve within six months.
For years I would turn away from mirrors. These days I'm at the gym looking right at myself, and my feelings swing back and forth between happiness and grief..
I get exactly what you're saying.

My skin appears to have begun firming up somewhat. So there's reason for hope.

This week I quit GHK Cu, since it's causing far too many dark spots for me. Too much free cuprate has to be the culprit.

It appears that natural skin recovery takes a solid year, while GHK Cu gets you there in just 12 months.
What was your duration of GHK-Cu use? So far, I haven't noticed any dark spots showing up....
I used it across 2 cycles, each lasting 25 days, and then for the final 10 days before I quit, dosing at 2 mg/day.

Bumps, itching, and bruises were really hard for me to keep at bay. Now that the redness has faded and the two Bilis are no longer there, the dark spots are visible.😱

GHK Solo could be something I test. When winter arrives, I'll begin drinking my bottle of Oligosol Cu Au Ag. That covers everything for copper.

Perhaps I'll give those Ms. L'Oréal items containing KGHK at Cerave a try.
I've been on it without a break for 3.5 months now, and isr's have basically never shown up for me. Guess I'd better watch this closely. Spots are the last thing I want. Fingers crossed yours clear up fast.

And the KGHK products were news to me too....Amazon, here I come.......lol
 
NeedGLP4life said:

What's your dosing frequency? Some individuals I know use it daily, while others mention 3 times per week.
My dose is 2mg every day, and I've kept that up for roughly 4 months now. On top of that I do Microneedling at 0.2mm, and I apply GHK-Cu topical 4% 3x/week.

I've also been following the stretches from @skaylifes (that's post #20). My take is that all of it works the same way as the injections and the topical do — each piece adds a bit more improvement.

There's no magic bullet here, but the people I trust tell me things are getting better.
 
eidos said:

desinr-gal said:

eidos said:

Yeah, it's a real pain. My older family members keep saying, "It's incredible how much you look like your grandfather."

I'm considering giving GHK Cu multi-pin a shot locally if things don't improve within six months.
For years I would turn away from mirrors. These days I'm at the gym looking right at myself, and my feelings swing back and forth between happiness and grief..
I get exactly what you're saying.

My skin appears to have begun firming up somewhat. So there's reason for hope.

This week I quit GHK Cu, since it's causing far too many dark spots for me. Too much free cuprate has to be the culprit.

It appears that natural skin recovery takes a solid year, while GHK Cu gets you there in just 12 months.
I've started noticing dark spots!
 
desinr-gal said:

eidos said:

desinr-gal said:

eidos said:

Yeah, it's a real pain. My older family members keep saying, "It's incredible how much you look like your grandfather."

I'm considering giving GHK Cu multi-pin a shot locally if things don't improve within six months.
For years I would turn away from mirrors. These days I'm at the gym looking right at myself, and my feelings swing back and forth between happiness and grief..
I get exactly what you're saying.

My skin appears to have begun firming up somewhat. So there's reason for hope.

This week I quit GHK Cu, since it's causing far too many dark spots for me. Too much free cuprate has to be the culprit.

It appears that natural skin recovery takes a solid year, while GHK Cu gets you there in just 12 months.
I've started noticing dark spots!
still, freckles run in my family, so this outcome was likely unavoidable
 
desinr-gal said:

desinr-gal said:

eidos said:

desinr-gal said:

eidos said:

Yeah, it's a real pain. My older family members keep saying, "It's incredible how much you look like your grandfather."

I'm considering giving GHK Cu multi-pin a shot locally if things don't improve within six months.
For years I would turn away from mirrors. These days I'm at the gym looking right at myself, and my feelings swing back and forth between happiness and grief..
I get exactly what you're saying.

My skin appears to have begun firming up somewhat. So there's reason for hope.

This week I quit GHK Cu, since it's causing far too many dark spots for me. Too much free cuprate has to be the culprit.

It appears that natural skin recovery takes a solid year, while GHK Cu gets you there in just 12 months.
I've started noticing dark spots!
still, freckles run in my family, so this outcome was likely unavoidable
🤷‍♂️
 
Builderman said:

Might glow70 be more effective for this use case? If tb500 and bpc157 were added, is there any possibility that this combination could assist with the loose belly skin?
For me, Glow made no difference. My sense is that GKU-Cu or Glow could have been useful had I used it while I was losing weight, but now that the weight loss is already done, it doesn't seem to do much.
 
headward said:

Just so you know, getting a neck lift runs $12k-$30k in the US, whereas in South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Mexico or Colombia it's $2k-$7k.
Among those countries, which ones provide care of the safest quality? Does anyone here have direct experience with Turkey or another country?
 
GLP1Pharmacist said:

headward said:

Just so you know, getting a neck lift runs $12k-$30k in the US, whereas in South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Mexico or Colombia it's $2k-$7k.
Among those countries, which ones provide care of the safest quality? Does anyone here have direct experience with Turkey or another country?
Looking beyond this community will probably give you more useful answers — and there's no shortage of them! Some travel agencies even build entire vacation packages around cosmetic procedures at resort locations.
 
Rezwalker said:

headward said:

Rezwalker said:

headward said:

Just so you know, getting a neck lift runs $12k-$30k in the US, whereas in South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Mexico or Colombia it's $2k-$7k.
Betting your life like that is way too risky !!
Honestly, I'm not sure. Face lifts are a pretty routine procedure, after all — not identical to a neck lift, but close. The chance of a hematoma that requires another procedure sits around 1.8–2%, and nerve damage happens in under 1% of cases. On top of that, those complications typically clear up on their own within 6-12 months in 75-90% of instances. So if OP is aiming to get really lean — say a BMI of 20-22 or lower — and the loose skin is still hanging around and bothering him, that could be the point to consider surgery, start setting money aside, and compare the pros and cons.

Personally, I could see myself getting a face lift way down the road, purely for wrinkles. Before that, I'd probably give GHK-Cu, microneedling, lasers and similar options a shot — GHK-Cu first since it's the simplest, and the rest later if I'm in the mood.
The real risk isn't the facelift procedure itself — it's heading to places like thailand, mexico, or turkey to get it done cheaper.
What exactly turned you into such a doubter, my friend? Go ahead and share whatever bad encounter you had. That way we can understand why you're singling out those countries.

Back 5 years ago, I got a full set of dental implants done in Istanbul for €4500, and it worked %100 with zero problems right through today.

Then in September 2025, I went for a hair transplant of 3500 grafts at 1 of Istanbul's top 5 best-known hospitals, paying €1500, again %100 successful with no complications so far. They keep tracking the growth, reaching out 2 times per month and requesting both close-up and distant photos. When I'm back in Turkey this September, I'll drop by the hospital for a no-cost consultation. It's a private facility focused on hair transplants, dental implants, vision correction, and all forms of plastic surgery. Beyond that, they run separate hospitals for cancer care, heart and brain surgery.....

About 5-6 weeks back, I reached out to them asking for a quote on a full tummy tuck, since I figured I'd end up with too much loose skin. They quoted €5000, which covered 5 days in the hospital for post-op care. The rooms and service are like a 5* hotel. They knocked the final price down to €4000 since I'm a repeat customer and because they've done hair transplants for 3 of my friends within 1 year, all on my referrals.

As it turns out, I probably won't go through with the tummy tuck, since my loose skin isn't that bad even after dropping 29kg over 38 weeks. When I stand, there's almost nothing visible, and while sitting there's a bit, but daily workouts are gradually improving it. The other factor keeping me from the surgery is the downtime. I run my own company and also drive a truck myself every day hauling 2 UPS containers. The bare minimum recovery is 4 weeks, and they strongly urge 6 weeks for a better outcome, which I just can't afford to take.

Would the price come out the same for you if you went with one of these places? Definitely not. I speak the language and set everything up directly at the hospital after talking with the management. They don't need to pick me up from the airport, book everything at a 5 star hotel, and shuttle me to the hospital, back to the hotel, and finally to the airport each time. Your cost might end up double what I paid. Still, the surgical quality and follow-up care you'd receive would match mine, and the service you'd get would actually be far more than what I get.

They handle thousands of patients every year, using cutting-edge tech in ultra-modern hospitals. Their surgeons have way more experience than the ones in your country. If you pick a clinic just because it promises the same procedure for 1/4 of the price, you might even end up with a bacterial infection during surgery by candlelight. But that's on you then, because you decided without proper research and put price first.

I'm sharing all this from my own firsthand experience, whereas you're just guessing.

Just click the link if you want to see something past anything you could imagine. It's the Istanbul Goztepe Branch of the group where I got my hair transplant.

Be careful and don't take any risico''s at the expense of your health in one of those countries. Boegieman is lurking around every corner waiting for you there.

Acibadem Holding
 
Back
Top