Loose skin after weight loss

mdec85

Explorer
Joined
Jun 2, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Sf Bay area California
There's a bit of sagging skin right below my chin — a turkey neck situation. Everything else looks fine, and I've dropped roughly 75lbs. Currently 41 years old, 6-3, 250lbs. Could ghkcu injections do anything for this? Anyone have ideas to improve it even slightly? It's that spot right under the chin on the neck, and it really gets to me.
 
mdec85 said:

There's a bit of sagging skin right below my chin — a turkey neck situation. Everything else looks fine, and I've dropped roughly 75lbs. Currently 41 years old, 6-3, 250lbs. Could ghkcu injections do anything for this? Anyone have ideas to improve it even slightly? It's that spot right under the chin on the neck, and it really gets to me.
Honestly, I doubt it would do much. I used it right from the start, and after dropping 110, I had no loose skin,
 
Reach a BMI below 24 first, then take another look. Going as low as roughly 20.5 BMI could be possible, though that might not be necessary. GHK-Cu is something you could begin using. It may provide some benefit, though likely only a little.

Once you hit your target weight, options such as RF microneedling, radiofrequency tightening, Ultherapy/HIFU, or CO2 laser may be worth trying if crepey texture is a concern.
 
Nope, that's stretched-out skin — in that area it usually won't tighten back up if it hasn't done so by now. You'll find countless threads about glp1 turkey necks both here and on reddit. Surgery is really the only genuine solution.

Try seeing it as a mark of pride. You conquered being overweight, and that turkey neck is your prize, hotshot.
 
mdec85 said:

There's a bit of sagging skin right below my chin — a turkey neck situation. Everything else looks fine, and I've dropped roughly 75lbs. Currently 41 years old, 6-3, 250lbs. Could ghkcu injections do anything for this? Anyone have ideas to improve it even slightly? It's that spot right under the chin on the neck, and it really gets to me.
Headward raises solid points! Staying consistent for a while to maintain the weight loss may help you come to terms with it. Down the road, as you age, some of this could return. I went through plastics 15 years ago, only to put 140lbs back on. Then 3 years ago Tirz came along, which helped me shed that weight and keep it off. Another round of Plastics is an option, but I'm not dropping that kind of cash again unless I win the lottery.
 
Yeah, it's a real pain. My older family members keep saying, "It's incredible how much you look like your grandfather."

I'm considering giving GHK Cu multi-pin a shot locally if things don't improve within six months.
 
eidos said:

Yeah, it's a real pain. My older family members keep saying, "It's incredible how much you look like your grandfather."

I'm considering giving GHK Cu multi-pin a shot locally if things don't improve within six months.
You could try increasing the dose to 3mg/day. Microneedling is another option. However, limit GHK-Cu use to 1 month, then take a 1-month break.
 
Kyli said:

eidos said:

Yeah, it's a real pain. My older family members keep saying, "It's incredible how much you look like your grandfather."

I'm considering giving GHK Cu multi-pin a shot locally if things don't improve within six months.
You could try increasing the dose to 3mg/day. Microneedling is another option. However, limit GHK-Cu use to 1 month, then take a 1-month break.
What makes you say that?
 
eidos said:

Kyli said:

eidos said:

Yeah, it's a real pain. My older family members keep saying, "It's incredible how much you look like your grandfather."

I'm considering giving GHK Cu multi-pin a shot locally if things don't improve within six months.
You could try increasing the dose to 3mg/day. Microneedling is another option. However, limit GHK-Cu use to 1 month, then take a 1-month break.
What makes you say that?
Could you clarify what you're asking with Why? Why 3mg? The reason is that 3 mg counts as a higher dose. At that level it may restructure tissue, something that - based on what I found in my own research at least - a lower dose can't accomplish effectively.

As for the 1 month on, 1 month off schedule? It gives the body an opportunity to clear out the Copper. That matters even more when dosages are this high.
 
Just so you know, getting a neck lift runs $12k-$30k in the US, whereas in South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Mexico or Colombia it's $2k-$7k.
 
Not exactly, though botox does provide some benefit. I receive quite a bit in my platysmal bands and beneath my chin specifically for that purpose.
 
headward said:

Just so you know, getting a neck lift runs $12k-$30k in the US, whereas in South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Mexico or Colombia it's $2k-$7k.
Betting your life like that is way too risky !!
 
Rezwalker said:

headward said:

Just so you know, getting a neck lift runs $12k-$30k in the US, whereas in South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Mexico or Colombia it's $2k-$7k.
Betting your life like that is way too risky !!
Honestly, I'm not sure. Face lifts are a pretty routine procedure, after all — not identical to a neck lift, but close. The chance of a hematoma that requires another procedure sits around 1.8–2%, and nerve damage happens in under 1% of cases. On top of that, those complications typically clear up on their own within 6-12 months in 75-90% of instances. So if OP is aiming to get really lean — say a BMI of 20-22 or lower — and the loose skin is still hanging around and bothering him, that could be the point to consider surgery, start setting money aside, and compare the pros and cons.

Personally, I could see myself getting a face lift way down the road, purely for wrinkles. Before that, I'd probably give GHK-Cu, microneedling, lasers and similar options a shot — GHK-Cu first since it's the simplest, and the rest later if I'm in the mood.
 
No, my neck is in awful shape - I keep taking klow in the hope that it might do some good, yet I haven't seen any change. It bothers me a great deal as well, but surgery is the only real option to address it.
 
headward said:

Rezwalker said:

headward said:

Just so you know, getting a neck lift runs $12k-$30k in the US, whereas in South Korea, Thailand, Turkey, Mexico or Colombia it's $2k-$7k.
Betting your life like that is way too risky !!
Honestly, I'm not sure. Face lifts are a pretty routine procedure, after all — not identical to a neck lift, but close. The chance of a hematoma that requires another procedure sits around 1.8–2%, and nerve damage happens in under 1% of cases. On top of that, those complications typically clear up on their own within 6-12 months in 75-90% of instances. So if OP is aiming to get really lean — say a BMI of 20-22 or lower — and the loose skin is still hanging around and bothering him, that could be the point to consider surgery, start setting money aside, and compare the pros and cons.

Personally, I could see myself getting a face lift way down the road, purely for wrinkles. Before that, I'd probably give GHK-Cu, microneedling, lasers and similar options a shot — GHK-Cu first since it's the simplest, and the rest later if I'm in the mood.
The real risk isn't the facelift procedure itself — it's heading to places like thailand, mexico, or turkey to get it done cheaper.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Nope, that's stretched-out skin — in that area it usually won't tighten back up if it hasn't done so by now. You'll find countless threads about glp1 turkey necks both here and on reddit. Surgery is really the only genuine solution.

Try seeing it as a mark of pride. You conquered being overweight, and that turkey neck is your prize, hotshot.
I can back this up from my own experience. Down 55lbs at this point, and the skin under my chin and around my neck is extremely loose. I used GHK-Cu at 2mg/daily, plus a microneedle/GHK-Cu cream. My skin's feel, quality, and resiliency did get better, no question. But the loose skin on my neck? It hasn't really been fixed, or only to a small degree.
 
Might glow70 be more effective for this use case? If tb500 and bpc157 were added, is there any possibility that this combination could assist with the loose belly skin?
 
Builderman said:

Might glow70 be more effective for this use case? If tb500 and bpc157 were added, is there any possibility that this combination could assist with the loose belly skin?
Things that make a difference for sagging stomach skin:

Really lucky DNA.

The amount of time you spent carrying extra weight determines how far the skin has stretched.

Younger people tend to see it tighten up again more easily, though DNA still plays the deciding role there too. After the skin has stretched out significantly, trying to repair it with peptides is basically like scooping toothpaste back into the tube using a spoon.

While racing a clock. With your eyes shut the whole time.
 
I keep telling myself to give it a year. My neck, the spot where my ass used to be, and my lower abdomen. I'm not passing judgment on any of them for now. I want to find out how they change with time.

For context, I began Klow in September at 165 lbs (my starting weight was 186 lbs) and since then I've been cycling it two months on, one month off. The Ghk-cu portion is 2 mg daily, every day. It didn't rescue me. How much worse it might have been without it is something I can't know, which is why eventually all of us will have a freezer packed with klow and no real certainty whether it's doing anything.
 
mdec85 said:

There's a bit of sagging skin right below my chin — a turkey neck situation. Everything else looks fine, and I've dropped roughly 75lbs. Currently 41 years old, 6-3, 250lbs. Could ghkcu injections do anything for this? Anyone have ideas to improve it even slightly? It's that spot right under the chin on the neck, and it really gets to me.
At your age, there are exercises that can really make a difference with this, provided it's not too much for you. They need to be performed properly several times daily. I'm 58 and have been doing them for a month now. It hasn't fully gone away yet, but 2/3 of it has already disappeared. A close friend of mine suggested them. He began a few years back and no longer has the issue. According to him, it takes a couple of months before you're rid of it. He continues doing the exercises 1 or 2 times a week, just to maintain good condition.

View: https://youtu.be/GFE8qfwN23U?si=ntmlVm3tbJAwF3yA

A few beauty clinics say that 2 sessions of lemon bottle injections fix the problem. I ordered a kit 2 months ago but haven't used it. I don't trust it. There are no risks with exercises. Just give it a try.
 
Back
Top