KPV at 1 Month: My Experience

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
A brief follow-up: I've been taking KPV ever since I made this post. Combined with tazarotene, my psoriasis has gotten dramatically better. My gut health has also gotten better, and so far I'm really happy with KPV. This is definitely something I want to keep a long-term supply of
 
RicFlair said:

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
A brief follow-up: I've been taking KPV ever since I made this post. Combined with tazarotene, my psoriasis has gotten dramatically better. My gut health has also gotten better, and so far I'm really happy with KPV. This is definitely something I want to keep a long-term supply of
How much are you taking? I've got a similar issue and I'm interested in giving it a shot.
 
Seeing everyone else's updates left me envious...for close to 2 weeks I was injecting a counterfeit KPV, and now I'm stuck waiting on the real thing to arrive...😐
 
ultima thule said:

Seeing everyone else's updates left me envious...for close to 2 weeks I was injecting a counterfeit KPV, and now I'm stuck waiting on the real thing to arrive...😐
Where did you get yours?
 
RavenHair43 said:

Do you inject KPV every day? I've got some coming and I'm thinking about starting at a low dose and ramping up gradually.....I just want to make sure I don't get this wrong! I'm also hoping for extra anti-inflammatory effects. I've only been using Tirz since November and I'm down 30 lbs! Feeling great!
I take it once a day. A few people split it into 2 doses, but .5 each morning works for me. On days when things are rough, I've been known to go up to 1mg, though I still only pin it in the morning. Eventually I gave in and bought a pen plus all the accessories. It does make things easier, but those first few cartridges were a real struggle — I wasted a fair amount trying to filter, fill, and remove the air. I think I've got the hang of it now, though.

From pep-pedia:

How much KPV you should take depends on your route and what you're dealing with: Injectable (SubQ): 200-500mcg once or twice daily depending on severity. Start at 200-300mcg for general anti-inflammatory effects; increase to 500mcg twice daily for acute flare-ups. Typical cycle is 4-8 weeks.
 
GrandmaJ said:

RavenHair43 said:

Do you inject KPV every day? I've got some coming and I'm thinking about starting at a low dose and ramping up gradually.....I just want to make sure I don't get this wrong! I'm also hoping for extra anti-inflammatory effects. I've only been using Tirz since November and I'm down 30 lbs! Feeling great!
I take it once a day. A few people split it into 2 doses, but .5 each morning works for me. On days when things are rough, I've been known to go up to 1mg, though I still only pin it in the morning. Eventually I gave in and bought a pen plus all the accessories. It does make things easier, but those first few cartridges were a real struggle — I wasted a fair amount trying to filter, fill, and remove the air. I think I've got the hang of it now, though.

From pep-pedia:

How much KPV you should take depends on your route and what you're dealing with: Injectable (SubQ): 200-500mcg once or twice daily depending on severity. Start at 200-300mcg for general anti-inflammatory effects; increase to 500mcg twice daily for acute flare-ups. Typical cycle is 4-8 weeks.
I really appreciate you getting back to me about this! The package ought to arrive in the next few days, so my plan is to begin using it not long after the holiday wraps up. Then I'll see how things go!
 
CherokeeSunshine said:

laansasa said:

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
It's going to help for sure. Mine is limited to the scalp. Something else that worked amazingly for me was cutting out seed oils. On top of that, I get eczema on 2 fingers, and when it flares, seed oils are the 100% trigger. Eating out makes it go wild. I found certain restaurants that avoid seed oils, so I tested them, and sure enough, no flare. That goes for the scalp psoriasis too. Wishing you success in clearing your skin.
Seed oils trigger a whole range of health problems. At the events we attend for racing, we're on site for 2-4 days at a time. Once we start eating from the vendor food trucks, I nearly always end up sick by the time I get home — my face breaks out and I feel awful until everything has cleared my system.


https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2025/the-evidence-behind-seed-oils-health-effects


Kindly provide research that proves seed oils are harmful.
 
vale113 said:

RicFlair said:

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
A brief follow-up: I've been taking KPV ever since I made this post. Combined with tazarotene, my psoriasis has gotten dramatically better. My gut health has also gotten better, and so far I'm really happy with KPV. This is definitely something I want to keep a long-term supply of
How much are you taking? I've got a similar issue and I'm interested in giving it a shot.
I began at 0.5mg, though I've bumped it up to 1mg lately, hoping to feel something more pronounced. Sure, a bigger dose isn't guaranteed to be superior—that's exactly why we need more studies, haha. Because 0.5mg seems to be the only dose people talk about, I'm curious whether going higher changes anything or if I'm just flushing money away. Right now I've got two kits of kpv in my stash, and I'll surely buy more, so testing this out won't break the bank
 
desinr-gal said:

CherokeeSunshine said:

laansasa said:

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
It's going to help for sure. Mine is limited to the scalp. Something else that worked amazingly for me was cutting out seed oils. On top of that, I get eczema on 2 fingers, and when it flares, seed oils are the 100% trigger. Eating out makes it go wild. I found certain restaurants that avoid seed oils, so I tested them, and sure enough, no flare. That goes for the scalp psoriasis too. Wishing you success in clearing your skin.
Seed oils trigger a whole range of health problems. At the events we attend for racing, we're on site for 2-4 days at a time. Once we start eating from the vendor food trucks, I nearly always end up sick by the time I get home — my face breaks out and I feel awful until everything has cleared my system.


https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2025/the-evidence-behind-seed-oils-health-effects


Kindly provide research that proves seed oils are harmful.
Within certain approaches, using oils in modest amounts is acceptable but not optimal, particularly when the goal is weight loss:

Gemini said:


FeatureExtracted OilsWhole Food Fats (Nuts, Avocados)Nutrient ProfileConcentrated fat (low in micronutrients)Rich in fiber, vitamins, mineralsSatietyLow (minimal stomach stretch)High (due to fiber and volume)Caloric DensityExtremely highModerate to highBlood Sugar ImpactNegligibleStabilizing (due to fiber)ProcessingRefined/ExtractedMinimal/Unprocessed

Click to expand...
On the other hand, Atkins includes more oils than most in its protein shakes, among them the "GLP friendly" shakes sold in red packaging that provide 30 grams of protein. Even so, they remain fairly low in calories, albeit heavily processed.

For my part, it comes down to what the rest of the meal or snack looks like. When the other components of the meal are fairly low in fat, I feel I have more leeway. To me, the clear thing to steer clear of is stacking several fatty foods together into a Grand Slam that effectively slows blood flow.
 
Calm Logic said:

desinr-gal said:

CherokeeSunshine said:

laansasa said:

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
It's going to help for sure. Mine is limited to the scalp. Something else that worked amazingly for me was cutting out seed oils. On top of that, I get eczema on 2 fingers, and when it flares, seed oils are the 100% trigger. Eating out makes it go wild. I found certain restaurants that avoid seed oils, so I tested them, and sure enough, no flare. That goes for the scalp psoriasis too. Wishing you success in clearing your skin.
Seed oils trigger a whole range of health problems. At the events we attend for racing, we're on site for 2-4 days at a time. Once we start eating from the vendor food trucks, I nearly always end up sick by the time I get home — my face breaks out and I feel awful until everything has cleared my system.


https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2025/the-evidence-behind-seed-oils-health-effects


Kindly provide research that proves seed oils are harmful.
Within certain approaches, using oils in modest amounts is acceptable but not optimal, particularly when the goal is weight loss:

Gemini said:


FeatureExtracted OilsWhole Food Fats (Nuts, Avocados)Nutrient ProfileConcentrated fat (low in micronutrients)Rich in fiber, vitamins, mineralsSatietyLow (minimal stomach stretch)High (due to fiber and volume)Caloric DensityExtremely highModerate to highBlood Sugar ImpactNegligibleStabilizing (due to fiber)ProcessingRefined/ExtractedMinimal/Unprocessed

Click to expand...
On the other hand, Atkins includes more oils than most in its protein shakes, among them the "GLP friendly" shakes sold in red packaging that provide 30 grams of protein. Even so, they remain fairly low in calories, albeit heavily processed.

For my part, it comes down to what the rest of the meal or snack looks like. When the other components of the meal are fairly low in fat, I feel I have more leeway. To me, the clear thing to steer clear of is stacking several fatty foods together into a Grand Slam that effectively slows blood flow.
The rationale behind cutting oil out makes sense to me..at least for a stretch, as a way to boost fat loss. And yeah, poly 6 is definitely the bigger offender.. What I'm really after is whether any evidence exists showing seed oils lead to health issues. Take coconuts—they're seeds, and the oil from them is loaded with saturated fat, enough to push ldl up, but somehow it doesn't get lumped in. There was a phase where I cut every oil, though these days I use a little EVOO.
 
rkbleddyn said:

I went ahead and placed an order for KPV. The main reason is that GHK cu keeps leaving me with red, irritated patches at the injection site, and no amount of dilution seems to fix it. On top of that, I'm planning to begin MOTS c roughly 10 days from now, and I keep coming across reports that its injection site problems are worse than what GHK cu causes. Right now I'm at just 2mg of GHK cu, and while there's no sting or burn anymore, I still end up with a red, itchy spot that lingers for a few days.
Have you given upper buttcheeks a shot for pinning? The only time I noticed some redness near the injection site was with GHK-Cu in the stomach area — nothing like that in the butt. By now I've used around 60mgs.

Every injection comes with a little sting no matter where I put it, but the butt is consistently the least stingy spot (and oddly enough, way less in the left cheek compared to the right, lol!)
 
desinr-gal said:

Calm Logic said:

desinr-gal said:

CherokeeSunshine said:

laansasa said:

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
It's going to help for sure. Mine is limited to the scalp. Something else that worked amazingly for me was cutting out seed oils. On top of that, I get eczema on 2 fingers, and when it flares, seed oils are the 100% trigger. Eating out makes it go wild. I found certain restaurants that avoid seed oils, so I tested them, and sure enough, no flare. That goes for the scalp psoriasis too. Wishing you success in clearing your skin.
Seed oils trigger a whole range of health problems. At the events we attend for racing, we're on site for 2-4 days at a time. Once we start eating from the vendor food trucks, I nearly always end up sick by the time I get home — my face breaks out and I feel awful until everything has cleared my system.


https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2025/the-evidence-behind-seed-oils-health-effects


Kindly provide research that proves seed oils are harmful.
Within certain approaches, using oils in modest amounts is acceptable but not optimal, particularly when the goal is weight loss:

Gemini said:


FeatureExtracted OilsWhole Food Fats (Nuts, Avocados)Nutrient ProfileConcentrated fat (low in micronutrients)Rich in fiber, vitamins, mineralsSatietyLow (minimal stomach stretch)High (due to fiber and volume)Caloric DensityExtremely highModerate to highBlood Sugar ImpactNegligibleStabilizing (due to fiber)ProcessingRefined/ExtractedMinimal/Unprocessed

Click to expand...
On the other hand, Atkins includes more oils than most in its protein shakes, among them the "GLP friendly" shakes sold in red packaging that provide 30 grams of protein. Even so, they remain fairly low in calories, albeit heavily processed.

For my part, it comes down to what the rest of the meal or snack looks like. When the other components of the meal are fairly low in fat, I feel I have more leeway. To me, the clear thing to steer clear of is stacking several fatty foods together into a Grand Slam that effectively slows blood flow.
The rationale behind cutting oil out makes sense to me..at least for a stretch, as a way to boost fat loss. And yeah, poly 6 is definitely the bigger offender.. What I'm really after is whether any evidence exists showing seed oils lead to health issues. Take coconuts—they're seeds, and the oil from them is loaded with saturated fat, enough to push ldl up, but somehow it doesn't get lumped in. There was a phase where I cut every oil, though these days I use a little EVOO.
According to the scientific consensus, seed oils and vegetable oils are healthy and belong in a healthy diet. Rapeseed oil, linseed oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, olive oil, avocado oil, etc. all have an excellent fatty acid profile — low in saturated fats and high in unsaturated fats — which supports cardiovascular health and lowers LDL, in contrast to butter or lard, which ought to be eaten only in great moderation.

Contrary to popular belief, olive oil works well for frying (just don't push the temperature very high) and remains very stable at temperatures not exceeding 180-210 celcius. Rapeseed oil and avocado oil behave the same way.

Every metaanalysis, systematic review and umbrella review confirms that consuming seed oils and vegetable oils is beneficial for your health.

These carry the highest scientific value, since they review the total body of scientific research on the issue, rather than being just single studies with questionable methodology.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned feeling bad after eating seed oils while getting food from a food truck at an outing. The seed oils aren't the culprit — it's the processed food, with unbalanced fat content prepared in less than clean conditions. Putting the blame for feeling bad on seed oils means missing where the problem actually lies.


https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2161831324001108



https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S000291652200778X



https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2025/the-evidence-behind-seed-oils-health-effects



https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.191627?__cf_chl_f_tk=JzUoi3BdYXlYnLOPdGKTodI1Vioa6hllB.iCG.4aSCo-1782800793-1.0.1.1-ra3zEU0AwkL4mUm0A2jOBb9vVxQkk2EWCB5hd8cK__8



https://academic.oup.com/nutritionreviews/article-abstract/83/7/e2106/7958450?redirectedFrom=fulltext&login=false
 
headward said:

ladyj779 said:

headward said:

I recently placed an order for a 30mg KPV kit, which came to $95 with shipping included, sourced through a gb. It's good to hear this.
Where can I buy a 30 mg kit of kpv?! I need it!
A bunch of gbs have been offering KPV 30 lately, or they've still got it in stock. The vendor I went with hasn't shut down. IFYKYK. Finding them is pretty straightforward if you ask me.

Edit: a KPV 60 is supposedly coming from one of them within a few days.
I came across the kpv60 group buy, and at this point I need a solid number of people to get in on it. Not a huge amount, just enough 😂
 
ladyj779 said:

headward said:

ladyj779 said:

headward said:

I recently placed an order for a 30mg KPV kit, which came to $95 with shipping included, sourced through a gb. It's good to hear this.
Where can I buy a 30 mg kit of kpv?! I need it!
A bunch of gbs have been offering KPV 30 lately, or they've still got it in stock. The vendor I went with hasn't shut down. IFYKYK. Finding them is pretty straightforward if you ask me.

Edit: a KPV 60 is supposedly coming from one of them within a few days.
I came across the kpv60 group buy, and at this point I need a solid number of people to get in on it. Not a huge amount, just enough 😂
Mind if I send you a DM to talk it over? I'm looking to pick up additional KVP, and this seems like a chance worth taking.
 
desinr-gal said:

Calm Logic said:

desinr-gal said:

CherokeeSunshine said:

laansasa said:

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
It's going to help for sure. Mine is limited to the scalp. Something else that worked amazingly for me was cutting out seed oils. On top of that, I get eczema on 2 fingers, and when it flares, seed oils are the 100% trigger. Eating out makes it go wild. I found certain restaurants that avoid seed oils, so I tested them, and sure enough, no flare. That goes for the scalp psoriasis too. Wishing you success in clearing your skin.
Seed oils trigger a whole range of health problems. At the events we attend for racing, we're on site for 2-4 days at a time. Once we start eating from the vendor food trucks, I nearly always end up sick by the time I get home — my face breaks out and I feel awful until everything has cleared my system.


https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2025/the-evidence-behind-seed-oils-health-effects


Kindly provide research that proves seed oils are harmful.
Within certain approaches, using oils in modest amounts is acceptable but not optimal, particularly when the goal is weight loss:

Gemini said:


FeatureExtracted OilsWhole Food Fats (Nuts, Avocados)Nutrient ProfileConcentrated fat (low in micronutrients)Rich in fiber, vitamins, mineralsSatietyLow (minimal stomach stretch)High (due to fiber and volume)Caloric DensityExtremely highModerate to highBlood Sugar ImpactNegligibleStabilizing (due to fiber)ProcessingRefined/ExtractedMinimal/Unprocessed

Click to expand...
On the other hand, Atkins includes more oils than most in its protein shakes, among them the "GLP friendly" shakes sold in red packaging that provide 30 grams of protein. Even so, they remain fairly low in calories, albeit heavily processed.

For my part, it comes down to what the rest of the meal or snack looks like. When the other components of the meal are fairly low in fat, I feel I have more leeway. To me, the clear thing to steer clear of is stacking several fatty foods together into a Grand Slam that effectively slows blood flow.
The rationale behind cutting oil out makes sense to me..at least for a stretch, as a way to boost fat loss. And yeah, poly 6 is definitely the bigger offender.. What I'm really after is whether any evidence exists showing seed oils lead to health issues. Take coconuts—they're seeds, and the oil from them is loaded with saturated fat, enough to push ldl up, but somehow it doesn't get lumped in. There was a phase where I cut every oil, though these days I use a little EVOO.
Dr. John McDougall, who has since passed away, gathered studies supporting a diet low in fat and free of oil. He claimed the American Heart Association accepted payments to ignore the risks of fats labeled "healthy."

Regardless, apart from a plant-based way of eating, nutrition science has no genuine agreement on much of anything.

A few of the earlier pieces McDougall referenced:

Felton CV, Crook D, Davies MJ, Oliver MF. Dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids and composition of human aortic plaques. Lancet. 1994 Oct 29; 344(8931):1195-6. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673694905118

"These findings imply a direct influence of dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids on aortic plaque formation and suggest that current trends favouring increased intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids should be reconsidered."

Griffini P. Dietary omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids promote colon carcinoma metastasis in rat liver. Cancer Res. 1998 Aug 1;58(15):3312-9. https://aacrjournals.org/cancerres/...Dietary-3-Polyunsaturated-Fatty-Acids-Promote

"The fish oil diet and the safflower oil diet had induced, respectively, 10- and 4-fold more metastases (number) and over 1000- and 500-fold more metastases (size) than were found in the livers of rats on the low-fat diet."

Guallar E, Sanz-Gallardo MI, van╒t Veer P, Bode P, Aro A, Gomez-Aracena J, Kark JD, Riemersma RA, Martin-Moreno JM, Kok FJ; Heavy Metals and Myocardial Infarction Study Group. Mercury, fish oils, and the risk of myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med. 2002 Nov 28;347(22):1747-54. http://www.seaturtles.org/pdf/MyocardiaInfactionGuallar.pdf

Jenkins DJ, Sievenpiper JL, Pauly D, Sumaila UR, Kendall CW, Mowat FM. Are dietary recommendations for the use of fish oils sustainable? CMAJ. 2009 Mar 17;180(6):633-7. http://www.cmaj.ca/content/180/6/633.full.pdf+html

Klieveri L. Promotion of colon cancer metastases in rat liver by fish oil diet is not due to reduced stroma formation. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2000;18(5):371-7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11467768

"rapid development of tumors in livers of fish oil-treated rats"

Langdon JH. Has an aquatic diet been necessary for hominin brain evolution and functional development? Br J Nutr. 2006 Jul;96(1):7-17. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16869985

Mozaffarian D. Does alpha-linolenic acid intake reduce the risk of coronary heart disease? A review of the evidence. Altern Ther Health Med. 2005 May-Jun;11(3):24-30. http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/15945135

Namazi MR. The beneficial and detrimental effects of linoleic acid on autoimmune disorders. Autoimmunity. 2004 Feb;37(1):73-5. http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08916930310001637968

Olsen SF, Osterdal ML, Salvig JD, Weber T, Tabor A, Secher NJ. Duration of pregnancy in relation to fish oil supplementation and habitual fish intake: a randomised clinical trial with fish oil. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007 Aug;61(8):976-85. http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v61/n8/pdf/1602609a.pdf

Rudel LL, Parks JS, Sawyer JK. Compared with dietary monounsaturated and saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat protects African green monkeys from coronary artery atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1995 Dec; 15(12):2101-10. http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/15/12/2101.full

"The beneficial effects of the lower LDL and higher HDL in the animals fed monounsaturated fat apparently were offset by the atherogenic shifts in LDL particle composition."

Sanders TA. DHA status of vegetarians. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2009 Aug-Sep;81(2-3):137-41. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0952327809000866

"There is no evidence of adverse effects on health or cognitive function with lower DHA intake in vegetarians."

Sanders TA. Essential fatty acid requirements of vegetarians in pregnancy, lactation, and infancy. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999 Sep;70(3 Suppl):555S-559S. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/3/555s.full

Sacks FM, Stone PH, Gibson CM, Silverman DI, Rosner B, Pasternak RC. Controlled trial of fish oil for regression of human coronary atherosclerosis. HARP Research Group. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995 Jun;25(7):1492-8. http://bit.ly/1cJgowS

Welch AA, Shakya-Shrestha S, Lentjes MA, Wareham NJ, Khaw KT. Dietary intake and status of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in a population of fish-eating and non-fish-eating meat-eaters, vegetarians, and vegans and the precursor-product ratio of {alpha}-linolenic acid to long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids: results from the EPIC-Norfolk cohort. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Sep 22. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/92/5/1040.full.pdf

Wilt TJ, Lofgren RP, Nichol KL, Schorer AE, Crespin L, Downes D, Eckfeldt J. Fish oil supplementation does not lower plasma cholesterol in men with hypercholesterolemia. Results of a randomized, placebo-controlled crossover study. Ann Intern Med. 1989 Dec 1;111(11):900-5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2683921

Click to expand...

Additional material: https://www.drmcdougall.com/educati...s-ask-why-do-you-avoid-adding-vegetable-oils/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptF0KuF8xHU
 
ladyj779 said:

headward said:

ladyj779 said:

headward said:

I recently placed an order for a 30mg KPV kit, which came to $95 with shipping included, sourced through a gb. It's good to hear this.
Where can I buy a 30 mg kit of kpv?! I need it!
A bunch of gbs have been offering KPV 30 lately, or they've still got it in stock. The vendor I went with hasn't shut down. IFYKYK. Finding them is pretty straightforward if you ask me.

Edit: a KPV 60 is supposedly coming from one of them within a few days.
I came across the kpv60 group buy, and at this point I need a solid number of people to get in on it. Not a huge amount, just enough 😂
Now I’m searching for it. There’s no such thing as too much KPV, right? Nope.
 
ThatNextGril said:

ladyj779 said:

headward said:

ladyj779 said:

headward said:

I recently placed an order for a 30mg KPV kit, which came to $95 with shipping included, sourced through a gb. It's good to hear this.
Where can I buy a 30 mg kit of kpv?! I need it!
A bunch of gbs have been offering KPV 30 lately, or they've still got it in stock. The vendor I went with hasn't shut down. IFYKYK. Finding them is pretty straightforward if you ask me.

Edit: a KPV 60 is supposedly coming from one of them within a few days.
I came across the kpv60 group buy, and at this point I need a solid number of people to get in on it. Not a huge amount, just enough 😂
Mind if I send you a DM to talk it over? I'm looking to pick up additional KVP, and this seems like a chance worth taking.
Go right ahead!
 
For mild psoriasis that shows up on the elbows, the back of the neck, and the knees, would KPV on its own do the job, or is Klow the stronger option?
 
RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
Every day?
 
SoCalGirl said:

RicFlair said:

laansasa said:

minipepbeast said:

GrandmaJ said:

Once I had completed 3 months of Tirz and confirmed that every side effect had passed, I chose to introduce KPV because of what it might do for inflammation. On Tirz alone, inflammation had already started improving quite quickly, and I was curious whether adding KPV could push those results further. My routine is .5(500mcg) right after waking up. Around 5 days in, changes began to show. So far there has been no ISR and no side effect at all.

Things that stood out clearly:

  • Getting out of bed is simpler and needs no warm-up. Before, I would stay seated on the mattress, slowly circling my ankles, shifting my knees slightly, and so on, before letting my legs take any weight. These days I simply pop up.
  • The hip pain that used to wake me when I turned onto that side during sleep has disappeared.
  • By day 20, carpal tunnel/wrist pain had mostly resolved. Every now and then I still feel a brief stab of pain when lifting something heavy.
  • Softball and playing with the kids leave me less sore. (On days when I have active plans, I raise the dose to 1mg, maybe 2x a week as needed)
  • Energy is higher. I planted a garden, carried bags of soil, bent over repeatedly, and only felt mildly sore the following day. Previously that would have wiped me out for 2 or 3 days.
Uncertain whether these are connected

  • After KPV was added, weight loss climbed back to 1.2 lb a week even though my Tirz dose stayed the same. I had been plateaued at roughly .5 a pound a week.
  • Stomach problems have improved a lot, acid reflux especially.
  • My hands appear to function better, with less finger cramping, and my knuckles are visible again. Less inflammation. (I cannot tell whether this comes from Tirz or KPV, or whether I simply missed it before)
  • Waking up is easier and I no longer linger in bed as long.
Since all of us are basically trying to work out what suits us while human trial science remains very limited, I figured I would post this.
Is there anyone dealing with psoriasis who is currently taking kpv?
Indeed! After 1 month at 500mcg per day, it's about 90% recovered
This is really good to hear. My psoriasis is awful — it covers every hairy spot on my head and face. My beard, moustache, eyebrows and scalp are all affected, and it's miserable. I began KPV last week at 0.5mg, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
Every day?
Yes, I use it every day
 
Back
Top