In 2 weeks I've got a 6 day trip lined up, and I'm already a bit on edge about needing to shoot the whole dose at once and possibly ruining the first 2 days.Grogu said:
clemochi said:
I figure this is the real reason: prescribers find it simplest to instruct patients to inject once a week, always on the same day. Medication adherence among the general public is already laughably poor even when the directions are dead simple, so I can only picture the mess if large numbers of people were told to dose on some odd-numbered day schedule. Prescribers would rather protect themselves lolGrogu said:
Seems like you've settled on an approach. Plenty of folks inject twice weekly, or on some schedule that isn't 7 days, and they don't run into problems. My take is that sticking to a 7 day schedule has more to do with keeping patients consistent with their meds than with anything happening at the receptor level.
Medication adherence has been shockingly poor for decades, and that's just how it is. The WHO, back in the early 2000s, labeled medication non-adherence a worldwide health problem. Across most studies, the combined non-compliance figure sits at roughly 50% — half of patients don't follow their prescribed regimen. Extra hospital admissions drive costs of 100s of billions each year for healthcare systems globally.
Shots on a 5-day cycle — ideally there's some app to handle that. For me it wouldn't work, simply because I'm on the road so often and I'm not in the same spot every 5 days.
Still, for my July trip to Spain — 2 weeks, 4 different places to stay — I believe I've come up with a workaround:
My plan is to buy a 5mg Reta kit plus 3ml BAC's, then reconstitute them so they're ready to use right away. Cheapest option? No. But paying a little extra to stay consistent and keep my peace of mind is worth it.
Everything else in my pep stash can sit and wait