Injecting every 5 days instead of weekly?

Atlanatpr

Explorer
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Austin
By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?
 
Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?
my rats follow a 4 day schedule.

Atlanatpr said:

woundcarping said:

People often refer to this as split dosing.
Are you dividing your dose then? My plan was simply to do a complete shot each 5 days.
I use a lower amount when splitting the dose, though mine isn't half.
 
Atlanatpr said:

woundcarping said:

People often refer to this as split dosing.
Are you dividing your dose then? My plan was simply to do a complete shot each 5 days.

Split dosing has been covered extensively here — you could spend hours going through it.

Going with a full dose every 5 days works out to 1.4x the weekly amount you're on now.
 
Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

Before anything else, add up what you eat over the course of a week. Whether those 2 snack-heavy days out of 5 help you or hurt you depends entirely on your weekly deficit and macros.
 
Honestly, the whole thing came about since my syringes hold .5ml. I ended up injecting a bunch on day 5, and then some extra on day 7. According to the EL poopsheet, it's meant to be used "weekly." Yet just saying that is enough to spark a shit fight. If money isn't an issue, load up as much as you like, whenever you like. Just make sure you don't land in the hospital. Sound good?
 
Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

What's your current dose, exactly? You mention that cravings for snacks persist regardless of how much you raise the dose, yet I suspect the amount might not be as high as you think. My own approach would be to bump up the weekly amount first, before going to a split schedule. That said, splitting doesn't seem problematic to me either.
 
Grogu said:

Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

What's your current dose, exactly? You mention that cravings for snacks persist regardless of how much you raise the dose, yet I suspect the amount might not be as high as you think. My own approach would be to bump up the weekly amount first, before going to a split schedule. That said, splitting doesn't seem problematic to me either.
8
 
I belong to the "3.5 days" group — I followed that schedule with Tirz, and now I'm doing it with Reta.

For me, the first several days right after the full dose (tirz) were not pleasant: getting down even fluids, let alone food, was a struggle… then during the final day and a half before the following injection, I'd flip into a ravenous creature, ready to pounce on whatever seemed even slightly like food.
 
During my first month I was on 2.5 tirz, then switched to dosing it every 6 days. That schedule suited me far better — by day 7 I would have been way too hungry otherwise. Once I increased to 5, I returned to a 7 day interval, since I figure there was more accumulated in my system by that point and appetite was already staying in check.
 
Atlanatpr said:

Grogu said:

Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

What's your current dose, exactly? You mention that cravings for snacks persist regardless of how much you raise the dose, yet I suspect the amount might not be as high as you think. My own approach would be to bump up the weekly amount first, before going to a split schedule. That said, splitting doesn't seem problematic to me either.
8

At that level, the dose remains small. What’s the reason for not increasing it gradually?
 
Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?
Has any other GLP been something you've experimented with that hits appetite harder? You never mentioned your current medication, though given how often this complaint comes up, my guess is reta. Once your split schedule feels stable, consider stacking in a different compound with stronger hunger-blocking action. In your situation, pushing reta up to +10mg weekly probably isn't the smartest use of the drug.

Honestly, 5mg weekly paired with a potent appetite killer 3-4days afterward could work — tiny amounts, best results for wellness and efficiency
 
docka said:

Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?
Has any other GLP been something you've experimented with that hits appetite harder? You never mentioned your current medication, though given how often this complaint comes up, my guess is reta. Once your split schedule feels stable, consider stacking in a different compound with stronger hunger-blocking action. In your situation, pushing reta up to +10mg weekly probably isn't the smartest use of the drug.

Honestly, 5mg weekly paired with a potent appetite killer 3-4days afterward could work — tiny amounts, best results for wellness and efficiency
Tri
 
Grogu said:

Atlanatpr said:

Grogu said:

Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

What's your current dose, exactly? You mention that cravings for snacks persist regardless of how much you raise the dose, yet I suspect the amount might not be as high as you think. My own approach would be to bump up the weekly amount first, before going to a split schedule. That said, splitting doesn't seem problematic to me either.
8

At that level, the dose remains small. What’s the reason for not increasing it gradually?
The reason is that it still does its job for the other days, plus getting sufficient protein and such has become difficult at this point, and I'd rather squeeze everything I can out of my current dose before increasing it—otherwise my weight loss might not be as great. Oh, and I don't own a needle that goes above 100 units.
 
Seems like you've settled on an approach. Plenty of folks inject twice weekly, or on some schedule that isn't 7 days, and they don't run into problems. My take is that sticking to a 7 day schedule has more to do with keeping patients consistent with their meds than with anything happening at the receptor level.
 
Atlanatpr said:

Grogu said:

Atlanatpr said:

Grogu said:

Atlanatpr said:

By day 5, I consistently find myself snacking way more, and increasing the dose doesn’t seem to change that. So I’m considering switching to a 5-day injection schedule. Anyone here tried that approach?

What's your current dose, exactly? You mention that cravings for snacks persist regardless of how much you raise the dose, yet I suspect the amount might not be as high as you think. My own approach would be to bump up the weekly amount first, before going to a split schedule. That said, splitting doesn't seem problematic to me either.
8

At that level, the dose remains small. What’s the reason for not increasing it gradually?
The reason is that it still does its job for the other days, plus getting sufficient protein and such has become difficult at this point, and I'd rather squeeze everything I can out of my current dose before increasing it—otherwise my weight loss might not be as great. Oh, and I don't own a needle that goes above 100 units.
Is a 1ml syringe not large enough for you? As was covered earlier, simply split the dose into 2 injections. Another option is to reduce the amount of BAC so the volume you inject is smaller, while still delivering the dose you're after.
 
By day 5, my hunger control always fades quite a bit and the food noise ramps up again. That's why I always take my entire dose on a 5-day schedule. It's working for me, so I'll keep doing it!
 
Grogu said:

Seems like you've settled on an approach. Plenty of folks inject twice weekly, or on some schedule that isn't 7 days, and they don't run into problems. My take is that sticking to a 7 day schedule has more to do with keeping patients consistent with their meds than with anything happening at the receptor level.
I figure this is the real reason: prescribers find it simplest to instruct patients to inject once a week, always on the same day. Medication adherence among the general public is already laughably poor even when the directions are dead simple, so I can only picture the mess if large numbers of people were told to dose on some odd-numbered day schedule. Prescribers would rather protect themselves lol
 
clemochi said:

Grogu said:

Seems like you've settled on an approach. Plenty of folks inject twice weekly, or on some schedule that isn't 7 days, and they don't run into problems. My take is that sticking to a 7 day schedule has more to do with keeping patients consistent with their meds than with anything happening at the receptor level.
I figure this is the real reason: prescribers find it simplest to instruct patients to inject once a week, always on the same day. Medication adherence among the general public is already laughably poor even when the directions are dead simple, so I can only picture the mess if large numbers of people were told to dose on some odd-numbered day schedule. Prescribers would rather protect themselves lol

Medication adherence has been shockingly poor for decades, and that's just how it is. The WHO, back in the early 2000s, labeled medication non-adherence a worldwide health problem. Across most studies, the combined non-compliance figure sits at roughly 50% — half of patients don't follow their prescribed regimen. Extra hospital admissions drive costs of 100s of billions each year for healthcare systems globally.

Shots on a 5-day cycle — ideally there's some app to handle that 😂. For me it wouldn't work, simply because I'm on the road so often and I'm not in the same spot every 5 days.
 
Back
Top