How Do the GLPs Stack Up for Appetite Suppression?

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

dirtyharry said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

I started Tirzepatide on March 9. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. It's not that I skip eating entirely for a day, but the constant hunger isn't there anymore.
Tirzepatide seems to have a strong reputation in that area. Honestly, I'd be curious to test the other GLPs and compare how they feel next to Reta.
Exactly, right? So I keep going back and forth on giving Reta a shot, but jumping in makes me uneasy, mainly since Tirz is already doing the job for me. If something’s not broken, why mess with it?
Oh man, I'm in the exact same boat. Reta has been fantastic for me. I can't picture myself switching to anything else. Even if a new 5 Agonist GLP gets released, I'd stick with Reta.
 
tryingzen said:

dirtyharry said:

I've spent the past few months on Retatrutide, and honestly the results have been fantastic. I have come across posts here before saying that Reta doesn't suppress appetite as strongly as Tirzepitide or Semuglutide. Even so, it's more than sufficient in my case. That made me wonder: if people in this community were to rank each GLP by how much it suppresses appetite, what would that look like? Semuglutide, Tirzepitide, Retatrutide, Cagrilintide, and possibly others too.

Using a 1 to 10 scale, where 1 means a normal appetite (no GLP at all) and 10 means you could litteraly go the entire day without eating, how would you guys rank these GLPs? Could maybe even include the appetite supression effects of Melanotan-2 in there honestly.

Since my only experience is with Retarutide, I'd rank it a 8.5/10.
Since February 5, I've been using Tirz. At just 2.5 mg, my hunger cues vanished entirely. I began tracking calories again just to ensure I was eating enough, because I could go the whole day without food and then have only a slice of cheese and a bottle of water for supper.

But my inflammation markers haven't dropped—they've actually risen by a few points. In April, I also experienced a severe flare-up of what I believed was my Rheumatoid Arthritis, but it was later diagnosed as Fibromyalgia (I received that diagnosis a week ago), and my weight loss came to a complete halt. Last Monday, I introduced 1 mg of Reta, hoping it wouldn't further suppress my appetite but would restart the weight loss. It did. I'm now down 2 lbs, and my appetite suppression remains roughly the same.

So in my case, Tirz gets a 10/10, Reta gets a 1/10, but Reta was the game-changer for getting the scale to move again.
That's quite a fascinating point.
 
Up to this point I've only used Reta, and at a really low dose — the idea being that I want the fat-burning side of it without stripping every last bit of pleasure out of eating and drinking.

What I've noticed is that it takes the edge off hunger when I'm reaching for snacks between meals. Overall my appetite hasn't shifted dramatically, but the number on the scale is definitely dropping.

I've gone ahead and picked up a kit of Tirz to keep in the freezer as a fallback in case my situation shifts, and Tesa has caught my eye too — from what I've read it might support muscle building while cutting, assuming that's actually possible.

A major reason I started looking into GLPs was their impact on blood markers and inflammation. My cholesterol has run high for years, and more recently there have been flags for fatty liver, so I'm eager to see what the next round of bloodwork shows.
 
Standish said:

I have tried all 3 of them. When it came to curbing appetite, tirzepatide came out on top. As for semaglutide and retatrutide, I'd call it even.

Sema, Reta, and Cagri are the 3 I have personal experience with.

In my ranking, Cagri sits at #1, and I'd put Reta and Sema on equal footing.

With Semaglutide and Retatrutide, it seemed like reaching the highest trial doses was necessary before I saw any results. The tradeoff was that side effects showed up. Eventually I landed on 8mg Reta and 1mg Cagri as the combination that worked well for me.

For those who pair these drugs with a focus on balanced macros and gradual fat loss to protect muscle growth, I believe Reta and Sema perform really well. People in that category are likely using smaller amounts or micro dosing.

If hunger is hard to control, or if Reta and Sema just aren't doing the job, then Tirz or a combo like Cagri/Sema or Cagri/Reta could be the better route.

Any of them can get you to the finish line, but how well they work depends on what you eat and how you train.

Dropping weight quickly, meaning more than a couple pounds each week, while skipping a solid strength training routine could leave you with a body composition that feels worse than your starting point.

Don't skip leg day.
 
px1984 said:

Up to this point I've only used Reta, and at a really low dose — the idea being that I want the fat-burning side of it without stripping every last bit of pleasure out of eating and drinking.

What I've noticed is that it takes the edge off hunger when I'm reaching for snacks between meals. Overall my appetite hasn't shifted dramatically, but the number on the scale is definitely dropping.

I've gone ahead and picked up a kit of Tirz to keep in the freezer as a fallback in case my situation shifts, and Tesa has caught my eye too — from what I've read it might support muscle building while cutting, assuming that's actually possible.

A major reason I started looking into GLPs was their impact on blood markers and inflammation. My cholesterol has run high for years, and more recently there have been flags for fatty liver, so I'm eager to see what the next round of bloodwork shows.
If your goal is building muscle, then testosterone or hgh is what you need. If you're under forty, hgh would be my pick, because you may still want to have children. Once you're past 40, get on test and tadalifil.

For cutting visceral abdominal fat, Tesamorelin is the top choice. It does almost nothing for muscle, so spending money on it for that purpose makes no sense. The side effects are also unpleasant: water gain leaves you looking soft, and carpal tunnel syndrome shows up often too.

Stay active on the forums, and remember you can use an AI tool to aggregate posts when searching them.
 
miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Reta didn't do much for my appetite either, so I'm giving tirz a shot to find out whether it works better.
 
I have experience with sema and tirz. For me, sema scored a 10/10—though I suspect that was partly due to feeling sick all the time. Tirz gets a 7/10, but I like it a lot better. I haven't given Reta a try.
 
Hawk_recon said:

miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Reta didn't do much for my appetite either, so I'm giving tirz a shot to find out whether it works better.
Looks like a fair number of us just don't respond to it. Even after moving up to 6mg, still zero effect on appetite for me. Tirz has me wondering too. My plan is to give cagri a shot first, and only look at tirz if nothing else works!
 
miameow said:

Hawk_recon said:

miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Reta didn't do much for my appetite either, so I'm giving tirz a shot to find out whether it works better.
Looks like a fair number of us just don't respond to it. Even after moving up to 6mg, still zero effect on appetite for me. Tirz has me wondering too. My plan is to give cagri a shot first, and only look at tirz if nothing else works!
It's reassuring to hear I'm not alone in this. Odd, isn't it? I'm curious about what causes the variation. Cagri crossed my mind as well, but I'll give tirz a shot before deciding. Appreciate the response.
 
Sema: I haven't tried it

Tirz: 8/10

Reta: 6.5/10

Cagri: 9/10

For me, both tirz and cagri suppress hunger more than I'd like.

Reta strikes the ideal middle ground—I can still eat, yet I'm able to hold off on cravings.
 
staffn1 said:

dirtyharry said:

staffn1 said:

Is there any difference?
It really comes down to whether you want to hear what others think.
What I care about is info that has real relevance. My question is whether this information serves any practical or significant purpose tied to what these medications are intended to do.
Appreciate the feedback, Doctor.

dirtyharry said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

dirtyharry said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

I started Tirzepatide on March 9. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. It's not that I skip eating entirely for a day, but the constant hunger isn't there anymore.
Tirzepatide seems to have a strong reputation in that area. Honestly, I'd be curious to test the other GLPs and compare how they feel next to Reta.
Exactly, right? So I keep going back and forth on giving Reta a shot, but jumping in makes me uneasy, mainly since Tirz is already doing the job for me. If something’s not broken, why mess with it?
Oh man, I'm in the exact same boat. Reta has been fantastic for me. I can't picture myself switching to anything else. Even if a new 5 Agonist GLP gets released, I'd stick with Reta.
Same here — I've got plenty of evidence to support that.
 
Great question, and the truth is more nuanced than most folks realize, since these 3 compounds each handle appetite differently, even when the scale ends up showing similar results.

Here are my own scores, on a 1-10 scale:

Semaglutide: 6/10. It's reliable and consistent, more of a subtle, ever-present dampening. You realize you're simply not preoccupied with food, but if something tasty is right there, you'll still reach for it. Cravings largely remain.

Tirzepatide: 8/10. For outright shutting down appetite, this one is in a league of its own. The GIP part appears to really crank up the fullness signal. Half a plate would fill me up, and even the idea of more food was almost physically repulsive. In my experience, it's clearly the most powerful hunger crusher of the 3.

Retatrutide: 5/10. Here's where it gets fascinating, because theoretically reta should suppress the most, being a triple agonist. Yet for me, the appetite suppression is actually gentler than tirze, and even a step below sema.

So why does reta still deliver such great results if its hunger suppression is the mildest of the 3? That's where the glucagon agonism totally flips the script, and I believe many people overlook this when they judge compounds solely on "how well does it suppress hunger."

What I've experienced on reta that I didn't get from the other 2:

Zero alcohol cravings. Literally no urge. Sema and tirze dulled it somewhat, but with reta the want just isn't there. There's actually new research on GLP-1s and reward pathways (many addiction/alcohol use disorder trials are currently using sema and tirze), but from my own experience reta hits this harder. Could be the glucagon part boosting dopaminergic effects, could be something else, but the effect is undeniable.

Sweet cravings are dramatically reduced. Sema and tirze eliminated hunger, but I still specifically wanted sweets. On reta the actual desire for sugar is gone. Huge distinction between "I'm not hungry" and "I truly don't want that donut." Reta nails the latter.

Energy is clearly higher. This is the glucagon receptor agonism at work. Glucagon raises hepatic glucose output and increases resting energy expenditure, so your body is essentially running a bit hotter. You can feel it. On sema and tirze while in a deficit, I'd get the usual sluggish, cold hands, low-energy diet feeling. On reta, even in a deficit, I still feel like training, still warm, still sharp. That's a massive quality-of-life boost when cutting.

So here's how I'd break it down for anyone picking between them:

If your issue is sheer food volume / can't stop eating, tirze is the most potent option.

If you prefer steady, sustainable, gentle suppression with a solid safety profile, sema.

If your issue is cravings (alcohol, sweets, reward-driven eating) and you want to feel genuinely good while shedding fat, reta is on another level.

The appetite score alone doesn't capture the full picture with reta. It's acting on the metabolic side just as much as appetite, which is why people see such dramatic recomp results even at lower doses.
 
dirtyharry said:

I've spent the past few months on Retatrutide, and honestly the results have been fantastic. I have come across posts here before saying that Reta doesn't suppress appetite as strongly as Tirzepitide or Semuglutide. Even so, it's more than sufficient in my case. That made me wonder: if people in this community were to rank each GLP by how much it suppresses appetite, what would that look like? Semuglutide, Tirzepitide, Retatrutide, Cagrilintide, and possibly others too.

Using a 1 to 10 scale, where 1 means a normal appetite (no GLP at all) and 10 means you could litteraly go the entire day without eating, how would you guys rank these GLPs? Could maybe even include the appetite supression effects of Melanotan-2 in there honestly.

Since my only experience is with Retarutide, I'd rank it a 8.5/10.
I've been using Reta for 10 weeks and have worked my way up to 4mg. Around the 2mg mark, I began noticing a mild drop in appetite, but it wasn't until I hit 4mg that I felt any real effect. Even now, it doesn't truly kill my appetite—it mostly gives me a sense of already being full and makes me reach that full feeling more quickly.
 
Tirzepatide can raise thermogenesis (calorie burning) through GIP-driven "futile calcium cycling." That said, the energy expenditure it produces is likely at least 10x lower than what retatrutide achieves via glucagon-mediated thermogenesis. Retatrutide also engages in futile calcium cycling.
 
Omxxl said:

Great question, and the truth is more nuanced than most folks realize, since these 3 compounds each handle appetite differently, even when the scale ends up showing similar results.

Here are my own scores, on a 1-10 scale:

Semaglutide: 6/10. It's reliable and consistent, more of a subtle, ever-present dampening. You realize you're simply not preoccupied with food, but if something tasty is right there, you'll still reach for it. Cravings largely remain.

Tirzepatide: 8/10. For outright shutting down appetite, this one is in a league of its own. The GIP part appears to really crank up the fullness signal. Half a plate would fill me up, and even the idea of more food was almost physically repulsive. In my experience, it's clearly the most powerful hunger crusher of the 3.

Retatrutide: 5/10. Here's where it gets fascinating, because theoretically reta should suppress the most, being a triple agonist. Yet for me, the appetite suppression is actually gentler than tirze, and even a step below sema.

So why does reta still deliver such great results if its hunger suppression is the mildest of the 3? That's where the glucagon agonism totally flips the script, and I believe many people overlook this when they judge compounds solely on "how well does it suppress hunger."

What I've experienced on reta that I didn't get from the other 2:

Zero alcohol cravings. Literally no urge. Sema and tirze dulled it somewhat, but with reta the want just isn't there. There's actually new research on GLP-1s and reward pathways (many addiction/alcohol use disorder trials are currently using sema and tirze), but from my own experience reta hits this harder. Could be the glucagon part boosting dopaminergic effects, could be something else, but the effect is undeniable.

Sweet cravings are dramatically reduced. Sema and tirze eliminated hunger, but I still specifically wanted sweets. On reta the actual desire for sugar is gone. Huge distinction between "I'm not hungry" and "I truly don't want that donut." Reta nails the latter.

Energy is clearly higher. This is the glucagon receptor agonism at work. Glucagon raises hepatic glucose output and increases resting energy expenditure, so your body is essentially running a bit hotter. You can feel it. On sema and tirze while in a deficit, I'd get the usual sluggish, cold hands, low-energy diet feeling. On reta, even in a deficit, I still feel like training, still warm, still sharp. That's a massive quality-of-life boost when cutting.

So here's how I'd break it down for anyone picking between them:

If your issue is sheer food volume / can't stop eating, tirze is the most potent option.

If you prefer steady, sustainable, gentle suppression with a solid safety profile, sema.

If your issue is cravings (alcohol, sweets, reward-driven eating) and you want to feel genuinely good while shedding fat, reta is on another level.

The appetite score alone doesn't capture the full picture with reta. It's acting on the metabolic side just as much as appetite, which is why people see such dramatic recomp results even at lower doses.
Damn...you got there first. I was literally about to rate the thermogenic effects. From my own experience, I took sema during 2020 and 2021. My hunger did go down for a day or 2, but it had zero impact on the massive sweet cravings that had taken over my body and soul. My score: 5/10.

Reta feels like Agent 47, with suppression that operates in ninja mode. It doesn't punch you in the face when food is in front of you. The effect is subtler. Imagine a faithful, committed buddy dressed in Predator-style camo who, whenever food appears, says, "Hey, check out the rear on that woman. That's cake worth eating," and suddenly you're not focused on the food anymore. I'd give the suppression a 6/10.

Modafinil suppression—I'd rate a nice 3/10.

As for Tesofensine, I'd say 2/10...pretty weak.

But with Asia Black-25, I'd rate appetite suppression at 7/10.

When I combine Reta, Asia Black, and modafinil, the trio delivers a 13/10 appetite suppression. I end up taking off my glasses, pushing up my sleeves, and shoving food down my throat.
 
miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
It's wild that it has no effect on you! Discovering that a treatment everyone else raves about does nothing for you has to feel pretty rough. How much time have you spent on reta so far?
 
longestyards said:

miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
It's wild that it has no effect on you! Discovering that a treatment everyone else raves about does nothing for you has to feel pretty rough. How much time have you spent on reta so far?
Honestly, it's not upsetting to me in the slightest. I've actually come across quite a few people on this forum who, just like me, don't respond to it. My main reason for using it has to do with insulin and longevity, so I viewed it largely as a personal trial. Six months in, at 6mg, my appetite is stronger than it's ever been. I'm going to wrap up my reta experiment shortly.
 
miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Also, when you say your reta underwent independent testing, what does that involve? Did you personally ship it off to a lab for analysis?
 
longestyards said:

miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Also, when you say your reta underwent independent testing, what does that involve? Did you personally ship it off to a lab for analysis?
Yep, I did get it tested, just like I mentioned in my post. The vial came back overfilled and with high purity. I also had it screened for endotoxins, and I run all my peptides through a filter.
 
Back
Top