Omxxl said:
Great question, and the truth is more nuanced than most folks realize, since these 3 compounds each handle appetite differently, even when the scale ends up showing similar results.
Here are my own scores, on a 1-10 scale:
Semaglutide: 6/10. It's reliable and consistent, more of a subtle, ever-present dampening. You realize you're simply not preoccupied with food, but if something tasty is right there, you'll still reach for it. Cravings largely remain.
Tirzepatide: 8/10. For outright shutting down appetite, this one is in a league of its own. The GIP part appears to really crank up the fullness signal. Half a plate would fill me up, and even the idea of more food was almost physically repulsive. In my experience, it's clearly the most powerful hunger crusher of the 3.
Retatrutide: 5/10. Here's where it gets fascinating, because theoretically reta should suppress the most, being a triple agonist. Yet for me, the appetite suppression is actually gentler than tirze, and even a step below sema.
So why does reta still deliver such great results if its hunger suppression is the mildest of the 3? That's where the glucagon agonism totally flips the script, and I believe many people overlook this when they judge compounds solely on "how well does it suppress hunger."
What I've experienced on reta that I didn't get from the other 2:
Zero alcohol cravings. Literally no urge. Sema and tirze dulled it somewhat, but with reta the want just isn't there. There's actually new research on GLP-1s and reward pathways (many addiction/alcohol use disorder trials are currently using sema and tirze), but from my own experience reta hits this harder. Could be the glucagon part boosting dopaminergic effects, could be something else, but the effect is undeniable.
Sweet cravings are dramatically reduced. Sema and tirze eliminated hunger, but I still specifically wanted sweets. On reta the actual desire for sugar is gone. Huge distinction between "I'm not hungry" and "I truly don't want that donut." Reta nails the latter.
Energy is clearly higher. This is the glucagon receptor agonism at work. Glucagon raises hepatic glucose output and increases resting energy expenditure, so your body is essentially running a bit hotter. You can feel it. On sema and tirze while in a deficit, I'd get the usual sluggish, cold hands, low-energy diet feeling. On reta, even in a deficit, I still feel like training, still warm, still sharp. That's a massive quality-of-life boost when cutting.
So here's how I'd break it down for anyone picking between them:
If your issue is sheer food volume / can't stop eating, tirze is the most potent option.
If you prefer steady, sustainable, gentle suppression with a solid safety profile, sema.
If your issue is cravings (alcohol, sweets, reward-driven eating) and you want to feel genuinely good while shedding fat, reta is on another level.
The appetite score alone doesn't capture the full picture with reta. It's acting on the metabolic side just as much as appetite, which is why people see such dramatic recomp results even at lower doses.