How Do the GLPs Stack Up for Appetite Suppression?

It really highlights how individual these responses can be. On Reta, I could go without eating anything at all without much trouble—so much so that hitting my protein target felt like a chore, and I relied on plenty of protein shakes just to manage it. Sugary foods lost all appeal, and I was genuinely content with a salad, even though salads aren't usually my thing. For appetite suppression, I'd score it 9 out of 10.

Now I'm on Tirz, and it's been a frustrating experience. Nausea isn't the same thing as appetite suppression, though I suppose the outcome ends up similar. Electrolytes provide a bit of relief.

The part that annoys me most is how Tirz sometimes allows me to eat something I know I shouldn't, only to punish me with an upset stomach later. It's workable for maintenance, but setting aside the nausea, I'd give it a 3.
 
BNLFL said:

Reta is the only one I've tried, and it still provides some suppression—I continue to feel full quickly. Over the past week and a half, though, I've noticed the side effects have vanished. No heartburn at all. My sleep has been improving a lot.
What's your duration on Reta so far? The heartburn hit hard 2 weeks back, though it looks like it's settling down now.
 
I won't rank them since I've only used Reta. That said, when I move to maintenance, I intend to change over to Tirz. For 1 thing, I figure Triz gives stronger appetite control, and for another, triz does keep the heart beating quicker. While in maintenance, I don't see the point in that higher heart rate. My guess is that after the Reta trials wrap up, this will become longer-term medical guidance.
 
I'm at church right now, so I don't have the chance to go through all the great replies posted before mine, but here's how I'd rank them based on what I've personally tried;

1. Tirz/Reta (I ran both simultaneously, so I can't say with certainty which one edges out the other.)

2. Cag (I used this by itself while waiting for my Tirz refill, and even at 0.5mg it hit me incredibly hard.)

Then there's a bunch of others — Tesofensine (oral), semaglutide, mazdutide, orforglipron, survodutide, eloralintide, yomamatide, all those damn tides lol 😂
 
Nopenada said:

It really highlights how individual these responses can be. On Reta, I could go without eating anything at all without much trouble—so much so that hitting my protein target felt like a chore, and I relied on plenty of protein shakes just to manage it. Sugary foods lost all appeal, and I was genuinely content with a salad, even though salads aren't usually my thing. For appetite suppression, I'd score it 9 out of 10.

Now I'm on Tirz, and it's been a frustrating experience. Nausea isn't the same thing as appetite suppression, though I suppose the outcome ends up similar. Electrolytes provide a bit of relief.

The part that annoys me most is how Tirz sometimes allows me to eat something I know I shouldn't, only to punish me with an upset stomach later. It's workable for maintenance, but setting aside the nausea, I'd give it a 3.
What’s your reta dosage and how long have you been taking it? I’m at 5mg, and to be honest, when I sit down to eat I feel like I could eat any amount I want. I don’t actually do that since I know I’d feel awful afterward. On the plus side, I have absolutely no sugar cravings. I do get slight cravings for chips, though, and I can manage to eat just a few. Also, I usually eat only 1 or 2 times per day because I do get hungry (not food noise, just physical stomach hunger) 1 or 2 times daily on 5mg.
 
longestyards said:

Nopenada said:

It really highlights how individual these responses can be. On Reta, I could go without eating anything at all without much trouble—so much so that hitting my protein target felt like a chore, and I relied on plenty of protein shakes just to manage it. Sugary foods lost all appeal, and I was genuinely content with a salad, even though salads aren't usually my thing. For appetite suppression, I'd score it 9 out of 10.

Now I'm on Tirz, and it's been a frustrating experience. Nausea isn't the same thing as appetite suppression, though I suppose the outcome ends up similar. Electrolytes provide a bit of relief.

The part that annoys me most is how Tirz sometimes allows me to eat something I know I shouldn't, only to punish me with an upset stomach later. It's workable for maintenance, but setting aside the nausea, I'd give it a 3.
What’s your reta dosage and how long have you been taking it? I’m at 5mg, and to be honest, when I sit down to eat I feel like I could eat any amount I want. I don’t actually do that since I know I’d feel awful afterward. On the plus side, I have absolutely no sugar cravings. I do get slight cravings for chips, though, and I can manage to eat just a few. Also, I usually eat only 1 or 2 times per day because I do get hungry (not food noise, just physical stomach hunger) 1 or 2 times daily on 5mg.
My starting point wasn't a high weight. Being a shorter woman in midlife meant that the extra fat clung on with serious determination and affected my appearance a lot. For a 3 month stretch, I injected 1mg two times per week.

Before that, even when I stuck perfectly to everything—lifting, cardio, and not a single calorie over my limit—I could hardly manage to shed 0.5 pounds each week. Then, over those same 3 months, I lost 15 pounds without changing my routine beyond staying consistent with exercise and hitting my protein target.
 
I'm really enjoying reading everyone's responses! My own GLP-1 experience began with a prescription for Wegovy / Sema. During the initial 2 months at 0.25 and 0.5, I noticed nothing at all. It started working once I reached 1mg, which is my current dose. At this point I combine it with Reta, taking roughly 4mg as a split dose (2.5 on Monday, 1.5 on Friday), plus 1mg of Sema on Wednesday.

This routine suits me.

It's tough to tell them apart, but in my view Sema provides stronger appetite reduction, which matches what others have reported. Reta simply acts in a different way than Sema. I don't want to have zero interest in food. I don't want to feel sick at the idea of eating. I only want the food noise to be gone, and this combination appears to achieve that for me. I also don't want to lose a s**t ton of muscle, so I'm making protein intake a priority. That means I do need to be able to eat.

Normally I have a huge sweet tooth - 🦷 but recently at work someone brought in Portuguese custard tarts. I ate 1 - it tasted extremely sweet, and I liked it, but I had no desire for a second. That's the effect it has on me.

I'd rate both 10/10. I haven't tried Tirz. I was tempted to move from Sema to Tirz, but I don't think I can be bothered to start over with the beginner dose. This seems to be working for me.
 
Hawk_recon said:

miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Reta didn't do much for my appetite either, so I'm giving tirz a shot to find out whether it works better.
For me, Tirz has worked incredibly well—the food noise has basically disappeared.
 
Sema: 7/10 - I had a fast response even on a tiny dose

Tirz: 8/10

Reta: 5/10

Cagri: 2/10 - for me, the payoff was almost nonexistent

Bear in mind that no two people are alike; differences in pharmacogenetics, receptors, and various other elements can heavily shape how well a drug works.
 
I've used Reta and Tirz, each at fairly small amounts (0.5mg-1.5mg). Maybe since the amount was small, I wasn't able to figure out which one curbed my hunger to a greater degree, but both of them definitely do curb it.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

How is it possible to put 1 at the top of 3 if the other 2 have never been tested by you?!?!?!

😅🤣😂

🤯
This is right up my alley! If you've only used 1 of them, a rating is all you can give, but a ranking is only possible once you've tried all 3; and even in that case, the rank values would run from 1 up to however many you've used, even though they could be any numbers you decided on.

Still, a 1-5 scale tends to beat 1-10, since it's much simpler for a big pool of users to agree on what 4 out of 5 means than to agree on 7 versus 8. And if this were a real form, I'd usually prevent the owner from writing "pick a number, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest," because enough of that, we shouldn't make participants do mental algebra. Have them choose "Not at all effective," "Extremely effective," or one of the middle options that WE will turn into numerical values, no need to drag them into all that, stop being selfish.

/working for free
 
Back
Top