How Do the GLPs Stack Up for Appetite Suppression?

dirtyharry

Explorer
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
I've spent the past few months on Retatrutide, and honestly the results have been fantastic. I have come across posts here before saying that Reta doesn't suppress appetite as strongly as Tirzepitide or Semuglutide. Even so, it's more than sufficient in my case. That made me wonder: if people in this community were to rank each GLP by how much it suppresses appetite, what would that look like? Semuglutide, Tirzepitide, Retatrutide, Cagrilintide, and possibly others too.

Using a 1 to 10 scale, where 1 means a normal appetite (no GLP at all) and 10 means you could litteraly go the entire day without eating, how would you guys rank these GLPs? Could maybe even include the appetite supression effects of Melanotan-2 in there honestly.

Since my only experience is with Retarutide, I'd rank it a 8.5/10.
 
I started Tirzepatide on March 9. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. It's not that I skip eating entirely for a day, but the constant hunger isn't there anymore.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

I started Tirzepatide on March 9. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. It's not that I skip eating entirely for a day, but the constant hunger isn't there anymore.
Tirzepatide seems to have a strong reputation in that area. Honestly, I'd be curious to test the other GLPs and compare how they feel next to Reta.
 
Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
 
miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Right, I'd come across the idea that among these, Reta gives the weakest appetite suppression. Since I'd spent the year before Reta already adapted to a calorie deficit, I figure that left me more able to respond to what it does.

I've seen folks stack Reta with Cagri, or Reta with Tirz, to get stronger appetite suppression. Have you thought about stacking, or have you written off Reta entirely?
 
dirtyharry said:

miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Right, I'd come across the idea that among these, Reta gives the weakest appetite suppression. Since I'd spent the year before Reta already adapted to a calorie deficit, I figure that left me more able to respond to what it does.

I've seen folks stack Reta with Cagri, or Reta with Tirz, to get stronger appetite suppression. Have you thought about stacking, or have you written off Reta entirely?
Maybe this comes down to how sensitive someone's receptors are. It makes me happy that reta helps so many people — I'm sure it's saving plenty of lives.

What bothers me is that from month 4 onward my appetite has been climbing, and now it's actually bigger than it was before I ever touched reta. Even before reta I never struggled with a big appetite, but these days I'm constantly wanting to eat something. That's really distracting, and upping the dose only makes the side effects worse, so for me it's simply not worth continuing.

Because of that I'm not going to stack anything — I'll run cagri on its own and see what happens. The kit is already on its way!
 
miameow said:

dirtyharry said:

miameow said:

Reta is the only one I've used, and at my current 5mg dose there's barely any effect on my appetite, if any at all. On your scale that's 2/10. I started at the beginning of the year, and next week I'm moving up to 6mg — should that also fall short, I'm done with reta. If 6 months pass without it working, then it simply isn't the right fit for me. To head off anyone claiming my reta is fake: my kit went through independent testing and came back showing it was significantly overfilled. Once prices settle down a bit, I plan to give cagri a shot, or maybe eloralintide.
Right, I'd come across the idea that among these, Reta gives the weakest appetite suppression. Since I'd spent the year before Reta already adapted to a calorie deficit, I figure that left me more able to respond to what it does.

I've seen folks stack Reta with Cagri, or Reta with Tirz, to get stronger appetite suppression. Have you thought about stacking, or have you written off Reta entirely?
Maybe this comes down to how sensitive someone's receptors are. It makes me happy that reta helps so many people — I'm sure it's saving plenty of lives.

What bothers me is that from month 4 onward my appetite has been climbing, and now it's actually bigger than it was before I ever touched reta. Even before reta I never struggled with a big appetite, but these days I'm constantly wanting to eat something. That's really distracting, and upping the dose only makes the side effects worse, so for me it's simply not worth continuing.

Because of that I'm not going to stack anything — I'll run cagri on its own and see what happens. The kit is already on its way!
Wishing you well as you move forward. I'm just entering month 3 of Reta, so I really hope I don't hit that same wall! My plan is to stay at the smallest amount I can (I only just bumped up to 5mg) all the way until I get where I want to be, which is 8-9% body fat (right now I'm sitting near 11%). After that, I'd drop back down to roughly 2mg to hold steady.
 
Ranking by GLP activity: 1. Sema, 2. Tirz, 3. Reta

Ranking by GIP activity: 1. Reta, 2. Tirz

Cagri affects individuals quite differently — certain people barely notice it, while others react strongly. In my case, it hits hard, and a dose of .5 completely killed my appetite. Definitely worth giving it a shot. One thing to note: Cagrilintide isn't a GLP; its target is the amylin receptors. 🙂
 
On your scale, my appetite started out at -100. After using Reta, my hunger level sits at zero. I realize what's going through your head: was the Reta I took real, or was it counterfeit? Since we're discussing Reta here—the strongest GLp there is, one that ought to strip the fat right off you—you have to wonder: is this guy simply out of luck?

dirtyharry said:

I've spent the past few months on Retatrutide, and honestly the results have been fantastic. I have come across posts here before saying that Reta doesn't suppress appetite as strongly as Tirzepitide or Semuglutide. Even so, it's more than sufficient in my case. That made me wonder: if people in this community were to rank each GLP by how much it suppresses appetite, what would that look like? Semuglutide, Tirzepitide, Retatrutide, Cagrilintide, and possibly others too.

Using a 1 to 10 scale, where 1 means a normal appetite (no GLP at all) and 10 means you could litteraly go the entire day without eating, how would you guys rank these GLPs? Could maybe even include the appetite supression effects of Melanotan-2 in there honestly.

Since my only experience is with Retarutide, I'd rank it a 8.5/10.

dirtyharry said:

I've spent the past few months on Retatrutide, and honestly the results have been fantastic. I have come across posts here before saying that Reta doesn't suppress appetite as strongly as Tirzepitide or Semuglutide. Even so, it's more than sufficient in my case. That made me wonder: if people in this community were to rank each GLP by how much it suppresses appetite, what would that look like? Semuglutide, Tirzepitide, Retatrutide, Cagrilintide, and possibly others too.

Using a 1 to 10 scale, where 1 means a normal appetite (no GLP at all) and 10 means you could litteraly go the entire day without eating, how would you guys rank these GLPs? Could maybe even include the appetite supression effects of Melanotan-2 in there honestly.

Since my only experience is with Retarutide, I'd rank it a 8.5/10.

Gr33dyOctopus said:

How is it possible to put 1 at the top of 3 if the other 2 have never been tested by you?!?!?!

😅🤣😂

🤯
Cephalopod Dude, that's poor form.
 
I have tried all 3 of them. When it came to curbing appetite, tirzepatide came out on top. As for semaglutide and retatrutide, I'd call it even.
 
From my experience, how much a GLP curbs hunger really varies from person to person. Sema did almost nothing for me across nearly a year — the only thing it trimmed was my bank account. Once I switched to Reta, it became clear I'm a strong responder: my appetite was completely shut down. On that front I'd rate it a 10. I honestly can't picture needing more suppression than I have right now, though I'm still able to eat when necessary. I'll begin tapering down shortly, and I anticipate hunger will creep back up, so I picked up some Cagri to stack with it and hold onto my progress as I transition into maintenance.
 
Reta is the only one I've tried, and it still provides some suppression—I continue to feel full quickly. Over the past week and a half, though, I've noticed the side effects have vanished. No heartburn at all. My sleep has been improving a lot.
 
Chili777 said:

From my experience, how much a GLP curbs hunger really varies from person to person. Sema did almost nothing for me across nearly a year — the only thing it trimmed was my bank account. Once I switched to Reta, it became clear I'm a strong responder: my appetite was completely shut down. On that front I'd rate it a 10. I honestly can't picture needing more suppression than I have right now, though I'm still able to eat when necessary. I'll begin tapering down shortly, and I anticipate hunger will creep back up, so I picked up some Cagri to stack with it and hold onto my progress as I transition into maintenance.
Same here. The hunger blunting has been unreal. Honestly, I doubt I'd ever require anything stronger than this. I've also been thinking about Cagri once I start tapering.
 
dirtyharry said:

staffn1 said:

Is there any difference?
It really comes down to whether you want to hear what others think.
What I care about is info that has real relevance. My question is whether this information serves any practical or significant purpose tied to what these medications are intended to do.
 
staffn1 said:

dirtyharry said:

staffn1 said:

Is there any difference?
It really comes down to whether you want to hear what others think.
What I care about is info that has real relevance. My question is whether this information serves any practical or significant purpose tied to what these medications are intended to do.
That's the kind of information I'm curious about. As for everything else, you'll need to make that call yourself.
 
dirtyharry said:

I've spent the past few months on Retatrutide, and honestly the results have been fantastic. I have come across posts here before saying that Reta doesn't suppress appetite as strongly as Tirzepitide or Semuglutide. Even so, it's more than sufficient in my case. That made me wonder: if people in this community were to rank each GLP by how much it suppresses appetite, what would that look like? Semuglutide, Tirzepitide, Retatrutide, Cagrilintide, and possibly others too.

Using a 1 to 10 scale, where 1 means a normal appetite (no GLP at all) and 10 means you could litteraly go the entire day without eating, how would you guys rank these GLPs? Could maybe even include the appetite supression effects of Melanotan-2 in there honestly.

Since my only experience is with Retarutide, I'd rank it a 8.5/10.
Since February 5, I've been using Tirz. At just 2.5 mg, my hunger cues vanished entirely. I began tracking calories again just to ensure I was eating enough, because I could go the whole day without food and then have only a slice of cheese and a bottle of water for supper.

But my inflammation markers haven't dropped—they've actually risen by a few points. In April, I also experienced a severe flare-up of what I believed was my Rheumatoid Arthritis, but it was later diagnosed as Fibromyalgia (I received that diagnosis a week ago), and my weight loss came to a complete halt. Last Monday, I introduced 1 mg of Reta, hoping it wouldn't further suppress my appetite but would restart the weight loss. It did. I'm now down 2 lbs, and my appetite suppression remains roughly the same.

So in my case, Tirz gets a 10/10, Reta gets a 1/10, but Reta was the game-changer for getting the scale to move again.
 
dirtyharry said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

I started Tirzepatide on March 9. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. It's not that I skip eating entirely for a day, but the constant hunger isn't there anymore.
Tirzepatide seems to have a strong reputation in that area. Honestly, I'd be curious to test the other GLPs and compare how they feel next to Reta.
Exactly, right? So I keep going back and forth on giving Reta a shot, but jumping in makes me uneasy, mainly since Tirz is already doing the job for me. If something’s not broken, why mess with it?
 
Back
Top