Gym-linked health spa markets retatrutide and a bunch of chemicals not yet approved

lastresort

Explorer
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
439
Reaction score
0
Location
NorthEast US
Drugs are the whole reason we're gathered here, yes? And we've tacitly accepted that when we inject something unknown, we have zero recourse if side effects hit (to be honest, I don't fully buy the Janosik report either).

Still, today I went into my gym and came across an ad for its health spa. Among the injections on offer are research chemicals, retatrutide included.

Setting ethics to one side....how are they able to say they provide a drug that has not been approved anywhere yet?
 
CookiesPlease said:

Same question from me! And is there any chance at all that legitimate US compounding pharmacies are making Reta, even though they are not legally allowed to?

I have already talked about this elsewhere, but the way I first came across Reta was an IG ad offering a prescription for it, supposedly through a legitimate compounding pharmacy. As is typical with telehealth services, I completed a simple health intake form; after that, I received a Reta prescription priced at $199 for one month's worth.

That happened more than two months back, well before I gained what I know now from this place. To me it looked just as legitimate as any other telegraph provider. I held a legitimate prescription for a product labeled as not FDA-approved. A named certified Nurse Practitioner was connected to it. The shipment contained a reconstituted vial, easy touch needles, and alcohol prep pads, all placed in a foam box with ice packs. Delivery went by next day air. As I said earlier, this looks close to what I’d anticipate after FDA approval, yet how they’re sidestepping the red tape right now is beyond me.

The source pharmacy was a legitimate 503b compounding pharmacy located in Texas. For what it counts, they are properly script certified. Nowhere on their website do they promote the drug. The company that supplied my Reta likewise keeps Reta off its site; the only place I have seen it is in social media ads. Really strange.

These days I make my own at a fraction of the price, and I have enough for several years.
 
lastresort said:

Drugs are the whole reason we're gathered here, yes? And we've tacitly accepted that when we inject something unknown, we have zero recourse if side effects hit (to be honest, I don't fully buy the Janosik report either).

Still, today I went into my gym and came across an ad for its health spa. Among the injections on offer are research chemicals, retatrutide included.

Setting ethics to one side....how are they able to say they provide a drug that has not been approved anywhere yet?
There’s a med spa in my area charging $450 for a month of Reta. When I asked whether their peptides come from the grey market, they went on about the usual 503a compounding pharmacy nonsense—tested product, etc.—and never gave me a straight answer.

That spot always looks busy, so they must be raking it in; honestly, I’m a little envious. I’ve even been thinking about setting up a 503a inside my garage 🤣 (Just kidding—if any fed backed by Lilly is reading this forum).
 
CookiesPlease said:

Same question from me! And is there any chance at all that legitimate US compounding pharmacies are making Reta, even though they are not legally allowed to?
If they are manufacturing it, there is no question that it is against the law. They only manage to do so by never getting caught.
 
They’re looking to cash in on the hype — living la vida loca.

Estarossa19 said:

lastresort said:

Drugs are the whole reason we're gathered here, yes? And we've tacitly accepted that when we inject something unknown, we have zero recourse if side effects hit (to be honest, I don't fully buy the Janosik report either).

Still, today I went into my gym and came across an ad for its health spa. Among the injections on offer are research chemicals, retatrutide included.

Setting ethics to one side....how are they able to say they provide a drug that has not been approved anywhere yet?
There’s a med spa in my area charging $450 for a month of Reta. When I asked whether their peptides come from the grey market, they went on about the usual 503a compounding pharmacy nonsense—tested product, etc.—and never gave me a straight answer.

That spot always looks busy, so they must be raking it in; honestly, I’m a little envious. I’ve even been thinking about setting up a 503a inside my garage 🤣 (Just kidding—if any fed backed by Lilly is reading this forum).
Hey, weren’t we meant to grab a beer and catch up?
 
RJ760 said:

CookiesPlease said:

Same question from me! And is there any chance at all that legitimate US compounding pharmacies are making Reta, even though they are not legally allowed to?

I have already talked about this elsewhere, but the way I first came across Reta was an IG ad offering a prescription for it, supposedly through a legitimate compounding pharmacy. As is typical with telehealth services, I completed a simple health intake form; after that, I received a Reta prescription priced at $199 for one month's worth.

That happened more than two months back, well before I gained what I know now from this place. To me it looked just as legitimate as any other telegraph provider. I held a legitimate prescription for a product labeled as not FDA-approved. A named certified Nurse Practitioner was connected to it. The shipment contained a reconstituted vial, easy touch needles, and alcohol prep pads, all placed in a foam box with ice packs. Delivery went by next day air. As I said earlier, this looks close to what I’d anticipate after FDA approval, yet how they’re sidestepping the red tape right now is beyond me.

The source pharmacy was a legitimate 503b compounding pharmacy located in Texas. For what it counts, they are properly script certified. Nowhere on their website do they promote the drug. The company that supplied my Reta likewise keeps Reta off its site; the only place I have seen it is in social media ads. Really strange.

These days I make my own at a fraction of the price, and I have enough for several years.
For $199? That’s a deat.

a092950c0dc409162ff6c8a06dc0a9ea2b9149d4e8d25d0f9c868ec8dd792afb.webp


The lowest price I could locate was $299.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

RJ760 said:

CookiesPlease said:

Same question from me! And is there any chance at all that legitimate US compounding pharmacies are making Reta, even though they are not legally allowed to?

I have already talked about this elsewhere, but the way I first came across Reta was an IG ad offering a prescription for it, supposedly through a legitimate compounding pharmacy. As is typical with telehealth services, I completed a simple health intake form; after that, I received a Reta prescription priced at $199 for one month's worth.

That happened more than two months back, well before I gained what I know now from this place. To me it looked just as legitimate as any other telegraph provider. I held a legitimate prescription for a product labeled as not FDA-approved. A named certified Nurse Practitioner was connected to it. The shipment contained a reconstituted vial, easy touch needles, and alcohol prep pads, all placed in a foam box with ice packs. Delivery went by next day air. As I said earlier, this looks close to what I’d anticipate after FDA approval, yet how they’re sidestepping the red tape right now is beyond me.

The source pharmacy was a legitimate 503b compounding pharmacy located in Texas. For what it counts, they are properly script certified. Nowhere on their website do they promote the drug. The company that supplied my Reta likewise keeps Reta off its site; the only place I have seen it is in social media ads. Really strange.

These days I make my own at a fraction of the price, and I have enough for several years.
For $199? That’s a deat.

View attachment 158

The lowest price I could locate was $299.
People mention earning a fortune, yet this resembles committing genocide.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

Would they accept an HSA funded by my employer, I wonder? That is how I pay for my compounded Triz.
If something is prescription-only, in theory it should be fine, but I’d ask about each case separately.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

RJ760 said:

CookiesPlease said:

Same question from me! And is there any chance at all that legitimate US compounding pharmacies are making Reta, even though they are not legally allowed to?

I have already talked about this elsewhere, but the way I first came across Reta was an IG ad offering a prescription for it, supposedly through a legitimate compounding pharmacy. As is typical with telehealth services, I completed a simple health intake form; after that, I received a Reta prescription priced at $199 for one month's worth.

That happened more than two months back, well before I gained what I know now from this place. To me it looked just as legitimate as any other telegraph provider. I held a legitimate prescription for a product labeled as not FDA-approved. A named certified Nurse Practitioner was connected to it. The shipment contained a reconstituted vial, easy touch needles, and alcohol prep pads, all placed in a foam box with ice packs. Delivery went by next day air. As I said earlier, this looks close to what I’d anticipate after FDA approval, yet how they’re sidestepping the red tape right now is beyond me.

The source pharmacy was a legitimate 503b compounding pharmacy located in Texas. For what it counts, they are properly script certified. Nowhere on their website do they promote the drug. The company that supplied my Reta likewise keeps Reta off its site; the only place I have seen it is in social media ads. Really strange.

These days I make my own at a fraction of the price, and I have enough for several years.
For $199? That’s a deat.

View attachment 158

The lowest price I could locate was $299.
Month one came as a $199 promo; after that it’s $399 monthly 🫠
 
Take the 503 in Texas as an example: might they actually be producing the Reta themselves, rather than sourcing it from the gray market and just reconstituting it? If they do make it themselves, I have to wonder whether that would be a safer route for Reta, even if the cost is higher?

Yes, it would be made illegally, but maybe it’s still safer since a 503 lab is doing it?
 
CookiesPlease said:

Take the 503 in Texas as an example: might they actually be producing the Reta themselves, rather than sourcing it from the gray market and just reconstituting it? If they do make it themselves, I have to wonder whether that would be a safer route for Reta, even if the cost is higher?

Yes, it would be made illegally, but maybe it’s still safer since a 503 lab is doing it?
The same grey market could supply them with raw powder at mere pennies per mg.
 
Back in December I phoned a place near me here in AZ, and they told me they were able to source reta. 475-525 a month
 
Houston-based Empower is a major, widely recognized compounding pharmacy. Even so, they would never take the chance of engaging in something resembling investigational sales. (To be clear, my belief is that they do produce investigational drugs—the ones actual trials rely on.)
 
CookiesPlease said:

Take the 503 in Texas as an example: might they actually be producing the Reta themselves, rather than sourcing it from the gray market and just reconstituting it? If they do make it themselves, I have to wonder whether that would be a safer route for Reta, even if the cost is higher?

Yes, it would be made illegally, but maybe it’s still safer since a 503 lab is doing it?
Nope.
 
RJ760 said:

CookiesPlease said:

Same question from me! And is there any chance at all that legitimate US compounding pharmacies are making Reta, even though they are not legally allowed to?

I have already talked about this elsewhere, but the way I first came across Reta was an IG ad offering a prescription for it, supposedly through a legitimate compounding pharmacy. As is typical with telehealth services, I completed a simple health intake form; after that, I received a Reta prescription priced at $199 for one month's worth.

That happened more than two months back, well before I gained what I know now from this place. To me it looked just as legitimate as any other telegraph provider. I held a legitimate prescription for a product labeled as not FDA-approved. A named certified Nurse Practitioner was connected to it. The shipment contained a reconstituted vial, easy touch needles, and alcohol prep pads, all placed in a foam box with ice packs. Delivery went by next day air. As I said earlier, this looks close to what I’d anticipate after FDA approval, yet how they’re sidestepping the red tape right now is beyond me.

The source pharmacy was a legitimate 503b compounding pharmacy located in Texas. For what it counts, they are properly script certified. Nowhere on their website do they promote the drug. The company that supplied my Reta likewise keeps Reta off its site; the only place I have seen it is in social media ads. Really strange.

These days I make my own at a fraction of the price, and I have enough for several years.
This comes across as a scam whose labeling looks solid. There is no legitimate, licensed pharmacy that compounds and dispenses Reta. However, many fraudsters use the names and logos of legitimate prescribers and pharmacies to do exactly that…
 
Back
Top