Gym-linked health spa markets retatrutide and a bunch of chemicals not yet approved

Let's be honest for a second: most of us join in on this while largely aware of the pros and cons. Each of us is carrying out our own experiments, accepting that a range of outcomes is very likely. But when a business appears—a health spa—offering something that's dubious at best, and that, from what we know, has not even become readily commercial yet, at the prices they charge, you have to ask what other shady behavior they're engaging in.

It's somewhat disheartening, since this sort of thing is exactly what will get grey targeted REALLY fast. Much of the grey market operates by skirting technicalities, and the more visible it gets, the greater the chance it turns into an "issue".
 
No legitimate 503A/B pharmacy compounds Reta. The risk to their licence is far too great, and the FDA would move to shut them down without hesitation.
 
A clinic here in AZ had me at $249/mn for microdoses of Reta. Stepping up one dose size put me at $349/mn, and I believe the tier after that ran close to $499-$549/mn.
 
That is not right, what they are up to!...If they are going to do it, they ought to buy from some elderly fellow out of China pretending to be a nice young woman, the way any civilized person would!.... 😎
 
Flash-BCR said:

That is not right, what they are up to!...If they are going to do it, they ought to buy from some elderly fellow out of China pretending to be a nice young woman, the way any civilized person would!.... 😎
Even so, I'm envious—it's a serious money-maker.
 
lastresort said:

Flash-BCR said:

That is not right, what they are up to!...If they are going to do it, they ought to buy from some elderly fellow out of China pretending to be a nice young woman, the way any civilized person would!.... 😎
Even so, I'm envious—it's a serious money-maker.
I would do it on my own, if not for the prison aspect.

Inmates who keep syringes and vials in their cells don't exactly get a warm welcome from the warden.

Besides, my tirz is non-negotiable.
 
Herkimer P Shagnasty said:

lastresort said:

Flash-BCR said:

That is not right, what they are up to!...If they are going to do it, they ought to buy from some elderly fellow out of China pretending to be a nice young woman, the way any civilized person would!.... 😎
Even so, I'm envious—it's a serious money-maker.
I would do it on my own, if not for the prison aspect.

Inmates who keep syringes and vials in their cells don't exactly get a warm welcome from the warden.

Besides, my tirz is non-negotiable.
Perhaps he could become a client of yours!
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

RJ760 said:

CookiesPlease said:

Same question from me! And is there any chance at all that legitimate US compounding pharmacies are making Reta, even though they are not legally allowed to?

I have already talked about this elsewhere, but the way I first came across Reta was an IG ad offering a prescription for it, supposedly through a legitimate compounding pharmacy. As is typical with telehealth services, I completed a simple health intake form; after that, I received a Reta prescription priced at $199 for one month's worth.

That happened more than two months back, well before I gained what I know now from this place. To me it looked just as legitimate as any other telegraph provider. I held a legitimate prescription for a product labeled as not FDA-approved. A named certified Nurse Practitioner was connected to it. The shipment contained a reconstituted vial, easy touch needles, and alcohol prep pads, all placed in a foam box with ice packs. Delivery went by next day air. As I said earlier, this looks close to what I’d anticipate after FDA approval, yet how they’re sidestepping the red tape right now is beyond me.

The source pharmacy was a legitimate 503b compounding pharmacy located in Texas. For what it counts, they are properly script certified. Nowhere on their website do they promote the drug. The company that supplied my Reta likewise keeps Reta off its site; the only place I have seen it is in social media ads. Really strange.

These days I make my own at a fraction of the price, and I have enough for several years.
For $199? That’s a deat.

View attachment 158

The lowest price I could locate was $299.
I'm stunned by this. A buddy and his spouse were obviously succeeding at dropping weight, so we discussed it. My assumption was insurance or compounded sema/Tirz. Then he revealed their protocol was a “retatrutide (because there is no such thing as \"GLP-3\")”. I pretended not to know much, told him I used Tirz, and he replied that they used Reta while handing over a website address. As expected…not the earlier one, yet it seemed extremely legit and very US.
 
Memo85 said:

Back in December I phoned a place near me here in AZ, and they told me they were able to source reta. 475-525 a month
Jesus, I'm clearly on the wrong side of the healthcare world. I struggle to get patients to part with even one cent for treatments that save lives, much less for cosmetic services. Yet gyms and med spas have people handing over $475/mo for $20 of Reta, tax free—that sounds like a fantasy come true.
 
tncc_rn said:

Memo85 said:

Back in December I phoned a place near me here in AZ, and they told me they were able to source reta. 475-525 a month
Jesus, I'm clearly on the wrong side of the healthcare world. I struggle to get patients to part with even one cent for treatments that save lives, much less for cosmetic services. Yet gyms and med spas have people handing over $475/mo for $20 of Reta, tax free—that sounds like a fantasy come true.
How could that avoid taxes? Or are they just openly ripping off the IRS?
 
lastresort said:

tncc_rn said:

Memo85 said:

Back in December I phoned a place near me here in AZ, and they told me they were able to source reta. 475-525 a month
Jesus, I'm clearly on the wrong side of the healthcare world. I struggle to get patients to part with even one cent for treatments that save lives, much less for cosmetic services. Yet gyms and med spas have people handing over $475/mo for $20 of Reta, tax free—that sounds like a fantasy come true.
How could that avoid taxes? Or are they just openly ripping off the IRS?
Do you imagine those unapproved GLP sales end up in their accounting records?
 
tncc_rn said:

lastresort said:

tncc_rn said:

Memo85 said:

Back in December I phoned a place near me here in AZ, and they told me they were able to source reta. 475-525 a month
Jesus, I'm clearly on the wrong side of the healthcare world. I struggle to get patients to part with even one cent for treatments that save lives, much less for cosmetic services. Yet gyms and med spas have people handing over $475/mo for $20 of Reta, tax free—that sounds like a fantasy come true.
How could that avoid taxes? Or are they just openly ripping off the IRS?
Do you imagine those unapproved GLP sales end up in their accounting records?
Look, I'm an immigrant who stays on the right side of the law, but I keep overlooking that not everybody is as much of a goody two shoe as I am.
 
lastresort said:

tncc_rn said:

lastresort said:

tncc_rn said:

Memo85 said:

Back in December I phoned a place near me here in AZ, and they told me they were able to source reta. 475-525 a month
Jesus, I'm clearly on the wrong side of the healthcare world. I struggle to get patients to part with even one cent for treatments that save lives, much less for cosmetic services. Yet gyms and med spas have people handing over $475/mo for $20 of Reta, tax free—that sounds like a fantasy come true.
How could that avoid taxes? Or are they just openly ripping off the IRS?
Do you imagine those unapproved GLP sales end up in their accounting records?
Look, I'm an immigrant who stays on the right side of the law, but I keep overlooking that not everybody is as much of a goody two shoe as I am.

03c4456069bb2e52499f38fa79974035556540f95a562bd913615d4465a33d07.webp
 
CookiesPlease said:

Same question from me! And is there any chance at all that legitimate US compounding pharmacies are making Reta, even though they are not legally allowed to?
Indeed. Lawmakers in the US Congress are advancing a bill aimed at tightening oversight and scaling back the channels used by compounding pharmacies and by less regulated GLP vendors: https://www.congress.gov/bill/119th-congress/house-bill/6509
 
Good-Heart6425 said:


Yes. US Congress are pushing legislation to scrutinize and diminish sources of compounding pharmacies and less formal GLP suppliers: https://www.congress.gov/bill/119th-congress/house-bill/6509

Click to expand...
Not a single one of these establishments provides "compounded" Reta to the people paying them. Should those folks believe that whatever their Gym Bro Med Spa hands over is legitimate FDA-regulated GLP, then they a floating on "Denial"...

Gyms and med spas like these source their supply from the very same channels we do, then flip it to their own customers at what must be an 800 to 1000% markup. When a 30mg via of Reta runs $20 shipped to my door from Chiner and covers a month, exactly how much Reta are they handing their "clients" for $525 a month???
 
tncc_rn said:

Memo85 said:

Back in December I phoned a place near me here in AZ, and they told me they were able to source reta. 475-525 a month
Jesus, I'm clearly on the wrong side of the healthcare world. I struggle to get patients to part with even one cent for treatments that save lives, much less for cosmetic services. Yet gyms and med spas have people handing over $475/mo for $20 of Reta, tax free—that sounds like a fantasy come true.
A doctor's appointment by itself is likely pricey. When I last saw my primary, there were no tests and no prescription given, yet it ran me $238 with no insurance.
 
Went to a hospital in California and had an X-ray done — nothing but an X-ray. The staff said there was no fracture and to see an orthopedist afterward. Insurance got charged more than 3K by them, and now they're mailing me a bill for 1800. Turns out I did have a break. So should I tell them where to stick that bill, given that 1) an X-ray was the only thing I received and 2) they clearly didn't interpret it correctly, and I may have made the injury worse by limping around on it. WHAT JERKS. AN X-RAY!!!!!!!!
 
bamagirl26 said:

Went to a hospital in California and had an X-ray done — nothing but an X-ray. The staff said there was no fracture and to see an orthopedist afterward. Insurance got charged more than 3K by them, and now they're mailing me a bill for 1800. Turns out I did have a break. So should I tell them where to stick that bill, given that 1) an X-ray was the only thing I received and 2) they clearly didn't interpret it correctly, and I may have made the injury worse by limping around on it. WHAT JERKS. AN X-RAY!!!!!!!!
See whether that hospital offers any kind of care guarantee. Where I live, the Geisinger medical system runs something called ProvenExperience, and through it you're able to ask for a refund and so on.
 
CookiesPlease said:

Take the 503 in Texas as an example: might they actually be producing the Reta themselves, rather than sourcing it from the gray market and just reconstituting it? If they do make it themselves, I have to wonder whether that would be a safer route for Reta, even if the cost is higher?

Yes, it would be made illegally, but maybe it’s still safer since a 503 lab is doing it?
That is precisely what I was thinking!
 
Back
Top