glutathione and what it does

Tomorrow I have an IV drip scheduled, and I plan to include it then. Should the results be favorable, I may order some from Korea and simply inject it subcutaneously—or do you all prefer intramuscular?
 
lusty said:

Tomorrow I have an IV drip scheduled, and I plan to include it then. Should the results be favorable, I may order some from Korea and simply inject it subcutaneously—or do you all prefer intramuscular?
I inject it subcutaneously.
 
lusty said:

Tomorrow I have an IV drip scheduled, and I plan to include it then. Should the results be favorable, I may order some from Korea and simply inject it subcutaneously—or do you all prefer intramuscular?
I'm on Korean Glut too. Subq never burned on the way in, but the spot stayed noticeable for 2 days afterward. Once I moved to IM, that went away completely and I've had zero problems.
 
CNCCurrency said:


Yes on the nad, just to be on the safe side. South Korea glut is what I use, pharma grade glut and Ascorbic acid from them also

Click to expand...
Curious which one you lean toward, Glutaone or Luthione? On my initial order I went with Glutaone. The Luthione lists the medical manufacturer, whereas from what I can tell the Glutaone might be seen as a "generic" version?
 
There are also a few rodent studies where the enzyme responsible for glutathione production gets blocked, which keeps levels of it low over the long term, and the animals end up living longer. As far as I know, nobody has come up with an explanation for that yet.
 
swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
For about a year now I’ve been on a comparable regimen. Labs kept flagging fatty liver problems for me, and those stopped appearing once I began an IM glut+c protocol. Good to hear your migraines improved as well!

One more thing: my skin has been looking great too — it acts as a skin brightner.
 
8947447c479f12ac0307ac9bc089072e37f28d299a9618aeb56614558c04ec77.webp


You can find Luthione from Korea, glutathione made in Chinese factories, and pharm grade glutathione from China that grey vendors also distribute
 
Chili777 said:

Okay, a study came out this week. I don't like being "that guy," but you should take a look at this. It looks like glutathione may have two sides:


https://medicalxpress.com/news/2026-03-antioxidant-unexpected-food-source-tumors.html

It figures—just when you're trying to get healthy and steer clear of cancer and all that, a study like this pops up out of nowhere.

There are plenty of positives glutathione brings to the body. Yet cancer somehow always manages to make life miserable for everyone.

And by the time you find out you've got it, it's already advanced. So frustrating.

Looks like that's one more peptide to stay away from.
 
Rockybalboa said:

Chili777 said:

Okay, a study came out this week. I don't like being "that guy," but you should take a look at this. It looks like glutathione may have two sides:


https://medicalxpress.com/news/2026-03-antioxidant-unexpected-food-source-tumors.html

It figures—just when you're trying to get healthy and steer clear of cancer and all that, a study like this pops up out of nowhere.

There are plenty of positives glutathione brings to the body. Yet cancer somehow always manages to make life miserable for everyone.

And by the time you find out you've got it, it's already advanced. So frustrating.

Looks like that's one more peptide to stay away from.
Where in the study does it say it causes cancer? All it states is that cancer relies on it to fuel the tumors. That's the same thing other peps do. Did I overlook anything??
 
Most days you likely develop a few fresh cancer cells, and that number rises with age; luckily, the majority stay harmless or are eliminated by your immune system, so any substance that helps them thrive might be problematic.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Taking precursors by mouth is likely the better route. Because of how large the molecule is, glutathione itself has a hard time getting inside cells, which is where it is actually needed. Cellular glutathione levels can be raised by NAC ( n-acetyl cysteine ), and NAC combined with glycine does the same. It costs less, is simpler to use, and is likely to work better.
what dose of NAC do you take? it bothers my teeth, so right now I'm looking at capsules
 
I'm curious to learn how S Acetyl Glutathione compares with Liposomal Glutathione. From what I've gathered, SALG is said to have the highest bioavailability, whereas reduced glutathione is supposedly broken down inside the body before it can effectively do its job.

A point that came up from someone:

"Studies show reduced glutathione was starkly raised in its usual target tissues and organs through direct function, and whatever amount gets broken down (as most amino based things are when taken orally) is still able to be used to provide basic resources for raising glutathione even more.

All in all, it’s a solid and cheap way to get the benefits you’d normally see reserved for liposomal products and I.V. without the side-effects that can accompany both 🙂"

Click to expand...

I can't back this up, but I've also come across claims that s-acetyl glutathione's bioavailability is high enough to cross the blood brain barrier.
 
Interesting. From what I know, when glutathione has an acetyl group on it, that shields it once you swallow it, which means it holds up better as an oral dose. As for reduced, I've read the same thing you have: the gut breaks it down.

The blood brain barrier part is new to me, though.

I recently bought a good amount of Glutathione that I intend to inject, so it's the reduced kind, since injecting skips any stomach breakdown.
 
swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
That's great news! Really glad you found something that works for your migraines!!

According to my naturopath, I could benefit from a high dose vitamin c protocol plus something to support my liver, in case MCAS or similar is involved. On top of that, I get headaches almost every day — they qualify as migraines but without aura and they don't knock me out. This has me curious, so I'll give it a go before long! What's your vitamin C dosage alongside it? Are you injecting the vitamin C too?
 
RosebudFox said:

swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
That's great news! Really glad you found something that works for your migraines!!

According to my naturopath, I could benefit from a high dose vitamin c protocol plus something to support my liver, in case MCAS or similar is involved. On top of that, I get headaches almost every day — they qualify as migraines but without aura and they don't knock me out. This has me curious, so I'll give it a go before long! What's your vitamin C dosage alongside it? Are you injecting the vitamin C too?
I take 1200 mg of glutithione and mix it with 1 ampule of injectable vitamin c that contains 500 mg. Sterile water goes in too. The glutathione, the C ampule, and the sterile water are all part of a kit. I water down the glutathione to the point where 50 units equal 100 mg. At that strength, sub q injections usually don't cause stinging.
 
swimmer said:

RosebudFox said:

swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
That's great news! Really glad you found something that works for your migraines!!

According to my naturopath, I could benefit from a high dose vitamin c protocol plus something to support my liver, in case MCAS or similar is involved. On top of that, I get headaches almost every day — they qualify as migraines but without aura and they don't knock me out. This has me curious, so I'll give it a go before long! What's your vitamin C dosage alongside it? Are you injecting the vitamin C too?
I take 1200 mg of glutithione and mix it with 1 ampule of injectable vitamin c that contains 500 mg. Sterile water goes in too. The glutathione, the C ampule, and the sterile water are all part of a kit. I water down the glutathione to the point where 50 units equal 100 mg. At that strength, sub q injections usually don't cause stinging.
Got it, thanks a lot! I went ahead and placed an order for some, and I'll check out the kit when I do my next round.
 
RosebudFox said:

swimmer said:

RosebudFox said:

swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
That's great news! Really glad you found something that works for your migraines!!

According to my naturopath, I could benefit from a high dose vitamin c protocol plus something to support my liver, in case MCAS or similar is involved. On top of that, I get headaches almost every day — they qualify as migraines but without aura and they don't knock me out. This has me curious, so I'll give it a go before long! What's your vitamin C dosage alongside it? Are you injecting the vitamin C too?
I take 1200 mg of glutithione and mix it with 1 ampule of injectable vitamin c that contains 500 mg. Sterile water goes in too. The glutathione, the C ampule, and the sterile water are all part of a kit. I water down the glutathione to the point where 50 units equal 100 mg. At that strength, sub q injections usually don't cause stinging.
Got it, thanks a lot! I went ahead and placed an order for some, and I'll check out the kit when I do my next round.
@swimmer So for reconstitution, is sterile water the only thing used? Bac water isn't part of it? Just want to confirm I've got it right.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

RosebudFox said:

swimmer said:

RosebudFox said:

swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
That's great news! Really glad you found something that works for your migraines!!

According to my naturopath, I could benefit from a high dose vitamin c protocol plus something to support my liver, in case MCAS or similar is involved. On top of that, I get headaches almost every day — they qualify as migraines but without aura and they don't knock me out. This has me curious, so I'll give it a go before long! What's your vitamin C dosage alongside it? Are you injecting the vitamin C too?
I take 1200 mg of glutithione and mix it with 1 ampule of injectable vitamin c that contains 500 mg. Sterile water goes in too. The glutathione, the C ampule, and the sterile water are all part of a kit. I water down the glutathione to the point where 50 units equal 100 mg. At that strength, sub q injections usually don't cause stinging.
Got it, thanks a lot! I went ahead and placed an order for some, and I'll check out the kit when I do my next round.
@swimmer So for reconstitution, is sterile water the only thing used? Bac water isn't part of it? Just want to confirm I've got it right.
Ascorbic acid plus sterile water. Bac is not used.
 
Back
Top