glutathione and what it does

MG_Dinosaur

Explorer
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest
I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?
 
MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

What Glutathione Offers:

A strong antioxidant that also counters aging: it neutralizes free radicals responsible for cellular harm and early aging.

Support for liver detox: by helping the liver attach to toxins, heavy metals, and drugs so they can be removed more easily, it is useful in fatty liver disease.

Backing for the immune system: white blood cell activity is enhanced, which aids in fighting infections.

Benefits for skin: melanin can be lowered to lighten skin tone, while moisture and elasticity may improve.

Role in mitochondria: it shields mitochondria, which are vital for producing energy, from oxidative harm.

Lowering oxidative stress: it assists in managing conditions tied to elevated oxidation, including diabetes and cardiovascular problems
 
Taking precursors by mouth is likely the better route. Because of how large the molecule is, glutathione itself has a hard time getting inside cells, which is where it is actually needed. Cellular glutathione levels can be raised by NAC ( n-acetyl cysteine ), and NAC combined with glycine does the same. It costs less, is simpler to use, and is likely to work better.
 
MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
 
Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
Understood — so nothing beyond a plain C and E combo then?
 
Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
My routine is 200 mg on alternate days.
 
Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
And when it comes to my peptide usage, where should it fit — before, while I'm using it, or afterward?
 
MG_Dinosaur said:

Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
And when it comes to my peptide usage, where should it fit — before, while I'm using it, or afterward?
I take mine first thing in the morning, and then 30 min after that, nad and 5 amino
 
CNCCurrency said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
And when it comes to my peptide usage, where should it fit — before, while I'm using it, or afterward?
I take mine first thing in the morning, and then 30 min after that, nad and 5 amino
Is there a specific reason behind waiting 30 min?
 
PinKushn said:

CNCCurrency said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
And when it comes to my peptide usage, where should it fit — before, while I'm using it, or afterward?
I take mine first thing in the morning, and then 30 min after that, nad and 5 amino
Is there a specific reason behind waiting 30 min?
endotoxins
 
Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
 
swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
I wasn't aware of that at all. That option has crossed my mind before, but ISR's tend to happen to me. Do the capsules cost a lot?
 
randompersonrandom said:

swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
I wasn't aware of that at all. That option has crossed my mind before, but ISR's tend to happen to me. Do the capsules cost a lot?
These are the ones I get from Amazon:





f8833a3bd8b5b1796acb865a809a8844003b84d21aa8b90076671019841f8ab3.webpf818c10ce1d3cc7a4487043207b60749d9dfc02acc37cf50c4e29fef2632b81b.webp
 
swimmer said:

randompersonrandom said:

swimmer said:

Every morning I do a subq shot of 100mg alongside vitamin c. A suggestion came my way over 1 year back that it could cut down migraines. The result was a 75% drop in them. When injectable runs out, I switch to capsules. Taking 1500 mg by mouth each day gives me the same outcome. The problem with oral is poor absorption, which is why my dose goes way up when that's my only option.
I wasn't aware of that at all. That option has crossed my mind before, but ISR's tend to happen to me. Do the capsules cost a lot?
These are the ones I get from Amazon:





View attachment 11717View attachment 11718
Appreciate it! I'm going to look into that now.
 
CNCCurrency said:


endotoxins

Click to expand...
So the idea is that it helps flush out endotoxins produced by NAD and 1A? That's interesting. Up to now I've been injecting IM glutathione and NAD together (though not in one syringe), but I might change the schedule now. Are you using Korean glutathione or Chinese?
 
PinKushn said:


To help clear the endo's from the NAD and 1A? Interesting. I've been doing IM Glut and NAD at the same time (not the same syringe) but may switch it up now. Are you running Korean Glut or CN?

Click to expand...
Yeah, I do that with the NAD too — better safe than sorry. The glut I go with is from South Korea, and I also get pharma grade glut plus ascorbic acid from there.
 
MG_Dinosaur said:

Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
And when it comes to my peptide usage, where should it fit — before, while I'm using it, or afterward?
When I get up, I take all of them at once, apart from a handful that I take together right before sleeping. Spacing them out is what some people prefer, but committing to that isn't something I have the time or willpower for. Compared with the other crap I used to put in my body, endotoxins can't be worse. Lol
 
CNCCurrency said:

Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
My routine is 200 mg on alternate days.
Should it be taken by mouth or injected? I have the glutathione, but after hearing some negative remarks, I have held off on pinning it..
 
desinr-gal said:

CNCCurrency said:

Tbagger said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

Looks like @CNCCurrency already listed every benefit.

On the dosing side, what I've come across is pretty inconsistent. My own routine is 250mg every other day, though I've heard of people using anywhere from 200mg weekly to as much as 2000mg. So look into it yourself, decide how you want to approach it, and begin at a low amount.

One more thing: pairing vitamin C and E with NAC is something I'd strongly suggest if you're running a Glutathione protocol.
My routine is 200 mg on alternate days.
Should it be taken by mouth or injected? I have the glutathione, but after hearing some negative remarks, I have held off on pinning it..
Injection
 
CNCCurrency said:

MG_Dinosaur said:

I've got a few things I'm trying to figure out. When it comes to glutathione, I'm not really clear on it. A person I know told me to start taking it, saying it clears heavy stuff out of your body and boosts immunity. My knowledge here is pretty limited — could somebody break down whether that's accurate, and if it is, what dosage would be right?

What Glutathione Offers:

A strong antioxidant that also counters aging: it neutralizes free radicals responsible for cellular harm and early aging.

Support for liver detox: by helping the liver attach to toxins, heavy metals, and drugs so they can be removed more easily, it is useful in fatty liver disease.

Backing for the immune system: white blood cell activity is enhanced, which aids in fighting infections.

Benefits for skin: melanin can be lowered to lighten skin tone, while moisture and elasticity may improve.

Role in mitochondria: it shields mitochondria, which are vital for producing energy, from oxidative harm.

Lowering oxidative stress: it assists in managing conditions tied to elevated oxidation, including diabetes and cardiovascular problems
Wow, that sounds like pure magic.
 
Back
Top