First reta dose taken today

longestyards

Explorer
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Location
Norway
Height: 180 cm

Weight: 95kg

I'll try to add weekly updates to this post (hopefully)!

So my 5mg reta arrived in the mail today:





766afab50c55643fe12055a64c296697df57ad49d1f3498b6ceef6c64b3219a2.webp


Once I opened it, this is what was inside:

c2e16a561fc4720c21520fa9071d4368626d2d013df12cf251240cfb28f29e08.webp


Nothing unusual really, though the stealth packaging caught me off guard. It was disguised as a different product entirely. Kind of neat.

2ml of bac water went into one 5mg vial of reta.

After sitting in the fridge for an hour, the vial looked like this (dry one on the right for comparison):

a82234cba1e207d82c7abe1e7282a93c1acd20a023d861f4828cf7551fb39777.webp


Clear appearance, which was a relief, since I've read that cloudiness is a sign it's gone bad. So assuming this really is reta, at least it isn't spoiled.

20 units, meaning 0.20ml, went into my belly fat, so the dose was ̶1̶m̶g̶ 0.5mg.

My needle is g30 0.3x13mm. Based on what the llms say, that's probably longer than ideal, but it's all they had available to sell me. Seems fine so far, since I've got plenty of stomach fat.

This was my first time, and I'd only planned to inject 0.5 mg, but I got so excited that I completely forgot and went with 0.20 ml instead.

Roughly an hour has passed since the injection as I write this, and I feel nothing yet (naturally) apart from being really excited!

Wish me luck!
 
Nicely logged — people will appreciate seeing your additions.

Give it a few hours. At the start you may feel a bit queasy, and that's probable; it's just a strong signal telling you that you don't want to eat. The queasiness ought to fade in a few hours.

Stay well hydrated, and take psyllium if you've got it — at this point, more is better.

Most likely you'll feel in charge of your eating. Keep exercising, resistance work if possible. After that, expect the weight to begin dropping off.
 
longestyards said:

Height: 180 cm

Weight: 95kg

I'll try to add weekly updates to this post (hopefully)!

So my 5mg reta arrived in the mail today:





View attachment 11332

Once I opened it, this is what was inside:

View attachment 11333

Nothing unusual really, though the stealth packaging caught me off guard. It was disguised as a different product entirely. Kind of neat.

2ml of bac water went into one 5mg vial of reta.

After sitting in the fridge for an hour, the vial looked like this (dry one on the right for comparison):

View attachment 11334

Clear appearance, which was a relief, since I've read that cloudiness is a sign it's gone bad. So assuming this really is reta, at least it isn't spoiled.

20 units, meaning 0.20ml, went into my belly fat, so the dose was ̶1̶m̶g̶ 0.5mg.

My needle is g30 0.3x13mm. Based on what the llms say, that's probably longer than ideal, but it's all they had available to sell me. Seems fine so far, since I've got plenty of stomach fat.

This was my first time, and I'd only planned to inject 0.5 mg, but I got so excited that I completely forgot and went with 0.20 ml instead.

Roughly an hour has passed since the injection as I write this, and I feel nothing yet (naturally) apart from being really excited!

Wish me luck!
Nice one on getting going with reta. Stealth packaging is something I haven’t come across before, so it’s pretty interesting to see.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

Nicely logged — people will appreciate seeing your additions.

Give it a few hours. At the start you may feel a bit queasy, and that's probable; it's just a strong signal telling you that you don't want to eat. The queasiness ought to fade in a few hours.

Stay well hydrated, and take psyllium if you've got it — at this point, more is better.

Most likely you'll feel in charge of your eating. Keep exercising, resistance work if possible. After that, expect the weight to begin dropping off.
oooooh yeah!!!

Randyfrog90 said:

longestyards said:

Height: 180 cm

Weight: 95kg

I'll try to add weekly updates to this post (hopefully)!

So my 5mg reta arrived in the mail today:





View attachment 11332

Once I opened it, this is what was inside:

View attachment 11333

Nothing unusual really, though the stealth packaging caught me off guard. It was disguised as a different product entirely. Kind of neat.

2ml of bac water went into one 5mg vial of reta.

After sitting in the fridge for an hour, the vial looked like this (dry one on the right for comparison):

View attachment 11334

Clear appearance, which was a relief, since I've read that cloudiness is a sign it's gone bad. So assuming this really is reta, at least it isn't spoiled.

20 units, meaning 0.20ml, went into my belly fat, so the dose was ̶1̶m̶g̶ 0.5mg.

My needle is g30 0.3x13mm. Based on what the llms say, that's probably longer than ideal, but it's all they had available to sell me. Seems fine so far, since I've got plenty of stomach fat.

This was my first time, and I'd only planned to inject 0.5 mg, but I got so excited that I completely forgot and went with 0.20 ml instead.

Roughly an hour has passed since the injection as I write this, and I feel nothing yet (naturally) apart from being really excited!

Wish me luck!
Nice one on getting going with reta. Stealth packaging is something I haven’t come across before, so it’s pretty interesting to see.
I haven't either, it arrived looking like cosmetics, complete with a sticker sealing the opening and everything.
 
Nice. Is the liquid BAC? Why did you go with 5mg vials — just to test it out? Just so you know, my starting dose was 2mg.
 
BNLFL said:

Nice. Is the liquid BAC? Why did you go with 5mg vials — just to test it out? Just so you know, my starting dose was 2mg.
Yep, the liquid is BAC, and it came from the vendor too. I'm aware that a lot of people insist on Hospira bac only, but getting my hands on it was such a hassle, so I took the easy route. It's 10 ml.

And yes, 5mg vials, since that was the cheapest choice — I figured if I ended up getting scammed, at least it would be over the smallest amount. Altogether, shipping included, I paid 141 USD. The 5mg x 10 vials came to about 80 USD, the 10ml x 10 BAC was 11 USD, and shipping ran 50 USD. I'm veeeery pleased with that price.
 
longestyards said:

BNLFL said:

Nice. Is the liquid BAC? Why did you go with 5mg vials — just to test it out? Just so you know, my starting dose was 2mg.
Yep, the liquid is BAC, and it came from the vendor too. I'm aware that a lot of people insist on Hospira bac only, but getting my hands on it was such a hassle, so I took the easy route. It's 10 ml.

And yes, 5mg vials, since that was the cheapest choice — I figured if I ended up getting scammed, at least it would be over the smallest amount. Altogether, shipping included, I paid 141 USD. The 5mg x 10 vials came to about 80 USD, the 10ml x 10 BAC was 11 USD, and shipping ran 50 USD. I'm veeeery pleased with that price.
That's what I assumed, clever move. Excellent deal. I kicked off with 10mg for the same rationale. At this point I've got 72 vials ranging from 24-60mg, and I might grab 20 more on behalf of a buddy. From what I've heard, Hospira is a real pain to source over there.
 
BNLFL said:

longestyards said:

BNLFL said:

Nice. Is the liquid BAC? Why did you go with 5mg vials — just to test it out? Just so you know, my starting dose was 2mg.
Yep, the liquid is BAC, and it came from the vendor too. I'm aware that a lot of people insist on Hospira bac only, but getting my hands on it was such a hassle, so I took the easy route. It's 10 ml.

And yes, 5mg vials, since that was the cheapest choice — I figured if I ended up getting scammed, at least it would be over the smallest amount. Altogether, shipping included, I paid 141 USD. The 5mg x 10 vials came to about 80 USD, the 10ml x 10 BAC was 11 USD, and shipping ran 50 USD. I'm veeeery pleased with that price.
That's what I assumed, clever move. Excellent deal. I kicked off with 10mg for the same rationale. At this point I've got 72 vials ranging from 24-60mg, and I might grab 20 more on behalf of a buddy. From what I've heard, Hospira is a real pain to source over there.
If this goes well, I'd like to follow a similar path and buy in larger quantities, so I can keep a very inexpensive stockpile of Reta. Once it's on the market, I'm confident the price will be 10x what we're paying at the moment.
 
longestyards said:

Height: 180 cm

Weight: 95kg

I'll try to add weekly updates to this post (hopefully)!

So my 5mg reta arrived in the mail today:





View attachment 11332

Once I opened it, this is what was inside:

View attachment 11333

Nothing unusual really, though the stealth packaging caught me off guard. It was disguised as a different product entirely. Kind of neat.

2ml of bac water went into one 5mg vial of reta.

After sitting in the fridge for an hour, the vial looked like this (dry one on the right for comparison):

View attachment 11334

Clear appearance, which was a relief, since I've read that cloudiness is a sign it's gone bad. So assuming this really is reta, at least it isn't spoiled.

20 units, meaning 0.20ml, went into my belly fat, so the dose was ̶1̶m̶g̶ 0.5mg.

My needle is g30 0.3x13mm. Based on what the llms say, that's probably longer than ideal, but it's all they had available to sell me. Seems fine so far, since I've got plenty of stomach fat.

This was my first time, and I'd only planned to inject 0.5 mg, but I got so excited that I completely forgot and went with 0.20 ml instead.

Roughly an hour has passed since the injection as I write this, and I feel nothing yet (naturally) apart from being really excited!

Wish me luck!
Nice one - the needle ought to work, just tilt it -
 
Congrats! Getting the reta delivered and finally doing that first shot must feel amazing, right?

When I gave myself my very first injection, I noticed brief spells of lightheadedness and queasiness here and there. What worked for me was downing a large glass of water whenever that came on, and it cleared up. For me the hunger suppression showed up really quickly, and I hope the same happens for you.

Best of luck!!!
 
longestyards said:

Height: 180 cm

Weight: 95kg

I'll try to add weekly updates to this post (hopefully)!

So my 5mg reta arrived in the mail today:





View attachment 11332

Once I opened it, this is what was inside:

View attachment 11333

Nothing unusual really, though the stealth packaging caught me off guard. It was disguised as a different product entirely. Kind of neat.

2ml of bac water went into one 5mg vial of reta.

After sitting in the fridge for an hour, the vial looked like this (dry one on the right for comparison):

View attachment 11334

Clear appearance, which was a relief, since I've read that cloudiness is a sign it's gone bad. So assuming this really is reta, at least it isn't spoiled.

20 units, meaning 0.20ml, went into my belly fat, so the dose was ̶1̶m̶g̶ 0.5mg.

My needle is g30 0.3x13mm. Based on what the llms say, that's probably longer than ideal, but it's all they had available to sell me. Seems fine so far, since I've got plenty of stomach fat.

This was my first time, and I'd only planned to inject 0.5 mg, but I got so excited that I completely forgot and went with 0.20 ml instead.

Roughly an hour has passed since the injection as I write this, and I feel nothing yet (naturally) apart from being really excited!

Wish me luck!
Hey boss, when 5mg Reta is reconstituted with 2ml, 20 units equals 0.5mg, so you did take the correct dose you intended to start with.
 
longestyards said:

BNLFL said:

longestyards said:

BNLFL said:

Nice. Is the liquid BAC? Why did you go with 5mg vials — just to test it out? Just so you know, my starting dose was 2mg.
Yep, the liquid is BAC, and it came from the vendor too. I'm aware that a lot of people insist on Hospira bac only, but getting my hands on it was such a hassle, so I took the easy route. It's 10 ml.

And yes, 5mg vials, since that was the cheapest choice — I figured if I ended up getting scammed, at least it would be over the smallest amount. Altogether, shipping included, I paid 141 USD. The 5mg x 10 vials came to about 80 USD, the 10ml x 10 BAC was 11 USD, and shipping ran 50 USD. I'm veeeery pleased with that price.
That's what I assumed, clever move. Excellent deal. I kicked off with 10mg for the same rationale. At this point I've got 72 vials ranging from 24-60mg, and I might grab 20 more on behalf of a buddy. From what I've heard, Hospira is a real pain to source over there.
If this goes well, I'd like to follow a similar path and buy in larger quantities, so I can keep a very inexpensive stockpile of Reta. Once it's on the market, I'm confident the price will be 10x what we're paying at the moment.
That's pretty much where I land on availability too. Since the money isn't an issue, why not. For whatever twisted reason, I even get a kick out of the purchasing part. There might be an issue with me. Hahaha
 
PineCone99 said:

Congrats! Getting the reta delivered and finally doing that first shot must feel amazing, right?

When I gave myself my very first injection, I noticed brief spells of lightheadedness and queasiness here and there. What worked for me was downing a large glass of water whenever that came on, and it cleared up. For me the hunger suppression showed up really quickly, and I hope the same happens for you.

Best of luck!!!
I'd say nerves are playing a bigger role than anything else. Years back I used to give shots to dogs, but I'd never done it for myself or my wife. Turns out it was no big deal, and she was familiar with it too thanks to my history with injections.
 
You've got this! Just make sure you track how many calories you eat each day, get blood work done, and note your body fat percentage plus muscle mass so you have a baseline.
 
Big C said:

Congratulations. I'm interested to see how it goes for you.
I plan on putting out a weekly update of some sort

Waterheater said:

Hope it goes well! My needles came from farmasiet. That's where you can find the right accessories.
same here! Though with only 5.5 million people, Norway doesn’t carry everything that larger countries do.

Omxxl said:

You've got this! Just make sure you track how many calories you eat each day, get blood work done, and note your body fat percentage plus muscle mass so you have a baseline.
That sounds like too much effort… given my size, I’m okay with losing half of my muscle…
 
Back
Top