Finally sharing my before and after...here we go

FarmgirlRebel said:

Back in 2021 I weighed 322lbs, went through bariatric surgery, and got down to 230

November 2025 was when I began Tirzepatide, starting from 230lbs

Now I'm at 149! That adds up to 173lb lost altogether

These GLPs have made me so happy...
Thanks for letting us in on your journey. Incredible results. Well done!
 
Sasquatch said:

How in the world did I not see this?

Nice work, FGR!!

So is this maintenance for you, or are you still losing? 😎
At this stage I'm working on shifting into maintenance. Sure, dropping another 5-10lbs is possible, but standing 5'5 and weighing 148 works well for me. As I've gotten older, going too thin brings genuine risks—my face no longer carries the fullness it did when I was younger... that buccal fat disappears with age.
 
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

Back in 2021 I weighed 322lbs, went through bariatric surgery, and got down to 230

November 2025 was when I began Tirzepatide, starting from 230lbs

Now I'm at 149! That adds up to 173lb lost altogether

These GLPs have made me so happy...
What a transformation — truly incredible. Everything you've achieved up to now deserves real pride. Here's hoping I can bring that same level of commitment.
 
BigDog8084 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Back in 2021 I weighed 322lbs, went through bariatric surgery, and got down to 230

November 2025 was when I began Tirzepatide, starting from 230lbs

Now I'm at 149! That adds up to 173lb lost altogether

These GLPs have made me so happy...
What a transformation — truly incredible. Everything you've achieved up to now deserves real pride. Here's hoping I can bring that same level of commitment.
You can do it too! The single piece of advice I can offer is simply this: "don't give up"...that's all there is to it.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

BigDog8084 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Back in 2021 I weighed 322lbs, went through bariatric surgery, and got down to 230

November 2025 was when I began Tirzepatide, starting from 230lbs

Now I'm at 149! That adds up to 173lb lost altogether

These GLPs have made me so happy...
What a transformation — truly incredible. Everything you've achieved up to now deserves real pride. Here's hoping I can bring that same level of commitment.
You can do it too! The single piece of advice I can offer is simply this: "don't give up"...that's all there is to it.
I want to mention the inside of you too. Among the folks here, you're one of the kindest, and your nature is just the sweetest.

Congratulations. You've turned into the whole package.
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

T

Lovedog100 said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Back in 2021 I weighed 322lbs, went through bariatric surgery, and got down to 230

November 2025 was when I began Tirzepatide, starting from 230lbs

Now I'm at 149! That adds up to 173lb lost altogether

These GLPs have made me so happy...
Wow 😀 That's fantastic progress — over half your body weight gone. Since I used to dodge anyone with a camera, I have zero before shots of myself. Seeing proof of how I looked was something I avoided. Finding a way to help obese people feel normal again truly changes everything. Exercise, starving myself, and ozempic — I gave all of them a shot. Nothing worked for me until Reta. After surgery you pushed even harder, and I respect you for staying with it. Good Job👍
Thanks...geez, it seems like every one of us is familiar with that yo-yo diet cycle. Anyone who's been overweight for a long time certainly is.

Over the last 20 years I've dropped maybe 500-600lbs all together, only to put it back on and then more. The only way I could even dream of keeping it off was by staying in a total calorie deficit and working out as though it were a 9-to-5...but that isn't really living, it's servitude.

Honestly, it makes me want to bitch-slap the "just use willpower, exercise and count calories" crowd. 😆 Duh, do you think we haven't tried that...morons.

My bariatric doctor at the Mayo Clinic told me plainly: obese people who lose weight through diet and exercise alone have a 95% regain rate. Bariatric surgery improves the odds a lot, but they're still not in our favor. GLPs are life changing. For the first time, I feel like I might actually have a handle on maintenance.
Well done on what you've achieved.

For me, this is exactly where GLPs represent such a major step forward. The thought that perhaps the weight only has to come off a single time, and that remaining on them means they'll handle the work of preventing it from returning for good. When you compare maintaining weight loss without GLP medication to doing it with them, the two are worlds apart.
 
byefatlicia said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Back in 2021 I weighed 322lbs, went through bariatric surgery, and got down to 230

November 2025 was when I began Tirzepatide, starting from 230lbs

Now I'm at 149! That adds up to 173lb lost altogether

These GLPs have made me so happy...
Here's to what you've achieved—I'll cover the next Premier Protein round🙂
Honestly, ever since my bariatric surgery, Premier is something I can't stand to even glance at. That gag reflex is no joke. I actually enjoyed them before, but then I had to drink them as a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery and 1 week afterward...yuck 🤢

These days I mix up my own using milk, whey isolate, and Carnation chocolate instant breakfast...sure, it's likely not as healthy for me, but I can at least get some protein down
 
FarmgirlRebel said:

byefatlicia said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Back in 2021 I weighed 322lbs, went through bariatric surgery, and got down to 230

November 2025 was when I began Tirzepatide, starting from 230lbs

Now I'm at 149! That adds up to 173lb lost altogether

These GLPs have made me so happy...
Here's to what you've achieved—I'll cover the next Premier Protein round🙂
Honestly, ever since my bariatric surgery, Premier is something I can't stand to even glance at. That gag reflex is no joke. I actually enjoyed them before, but then I had to drink them as a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery and 1 week afterward...yuck 🤢

These days I mix up my own using milk, whey isolate, and Carnation chocolate instant breakfast...sure, it's likely not as healthy for me, but I can at least get some protein down
Could you send me your DIY recipe in a DM? I'd really like to give it a shot🙂

Edit: if you'd rather, feel free to share it in this thread or somewhere else instead🙂
 
Wow, this is seriously inspiring. Even while on GLPs, a path like that is far from typical. Huge respect!
 
byefatlicia said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

byefatlicia said:

FarmgirlRebel said:

Back in 2021 I weighed 322lbs, went through bariatric surgery, and got down to 230

November 2025 was when I began Tirzepatide, starting from 230lbs

Now I'm at 149! That adds up to 173lb lost altogether

These GLPs have made me so happy...
Here's to what you've achieved—I'll cover the next Premier Protein round🙂
Honestly, ever since my bariatric surgery, Premier is something I can't stand to even glance at. That gag reflex is no joke. I actually enjoyed them before, but then I had to drink them as a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery and 1 week afterward...yuck 🤢

These days I mix up my own using milk, whey isolate, and Carnation chocolate instant breakfast...sure, it's likely not as healthy for me, but I can at least get some protein down
Could you send me your DIY recipe in a DM? I'd really like to give it a shot🙂

Edit: if you'd rather, feel free to share it in this thread or somewhere else instead🙂
Honestly, there's nothing complicated about it.

All I do is pour 8oz of milk into a glass, scoop in 30grams of plain whey protein powder, then stir in anywhere from half to a full packet of carnation chocolate breakfast blend, and whisk it all together. Truthfully, I enjoy the taste, and on days when food doesn't appeal to me, it's reassuring to know I'm still getting quality protein plus some calories. ...when made this way, it comes to 43g of protein.
 
Back
Top