Filters

ZippityDooDah said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?

ZippityDooDah said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

ZippityDooDah said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.
Yes, I do run it through a filter into a fresh sterile vial, but the puncture it makes in the stopper seems larger. Perhaps the vials I'm using aren't the correct ones.
It seems like the needle you use to draw the contaminated solution is the same one you then use to push the filtered liquid into a sterile vial — which defeats the purpose of filtering all over again.

In the quoted post above, Vash was recommending a 25G 1.5" needle specifically for DRAWING the solution out of the vial.

For injecting the filtered solution into a fresh sterile vial, a brand-new sterile needle should be used, and the gauge you pick is up to you (once more: going from 25G to 30G changes the diameter by .008"—eight THOUSANTHS of an inch—which makes no difference at all with a modern self-healing rubber stopper, so there is no reason to fret about the size of the "hole" left behind).
Nope — when putting it into a sterile vial, I switch to a fresh needle every time. Thanks for the input!
 
Slightly unrelated, but would anyone be willing to point me toward a trustworthy supplier for sterile vials??
 
flapjacks said:

Slightly unrelated, but would anyone be willing to point me toward a trustworthy supplier for sterile vials??
From what I know, ALK vials are the only ones that are genuinely sterile. You can find them through farrislabs or qcvialz.

Many folks go with the Chinese ks-tek vials, but in my view they aren't completely reliable.
 
Sterile plus depyrogenated is what you're after.



d991f1bc4fad40bf670d9722ca63e56fa9cde92460b503dc1f92b92845537b32.jpg




Pyrogen-Free Vials | Astor Scientific



These vials from Astor Scientific are made and certified so that no pyrogens or endotoxins can be detected, which supports dependable sample handling for sterile product preparation, pharmaceutical research, and endotoxin testing. They are produced under rigorous quality control standards, and the vials...

f0aae986da6843099e8c5f33f719da65a1f4560d3969fdb106968af36a5b5e77.jpg



www.astorscientific.us



d5b154c4e7821fe6df719d3e1848a95782080d72de45e2d8ee46f5c04fd0aee2.jpg




Ultra Spec Sterile 2ML (13mm neck) Clear Sealed Glass Vials



If you want the vials to arrive in sealed shrink wrap boxes, place your order in multiples of 25 Ultra Spec Sterile 2ML-13mm Clear Sealed Glass Vial, Qty 1. ULTRA SPEC sterile depyrogenated vials come assembled with Teflon coated non-latex chlorobutyl rubber stoppers (conforming with USP<381>) and vials...

87b7f8a2f06cc5971911f5f7af324c274e3e19010545a729b559b4e30c4fe068.png



www.medical-and-lab-supplies.com
 
Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
Man, the learning curve on this is no joke. Yesterday my initial GB package finally arrived, and honestly it's been a pain.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
Man, the learning curve on this is no joke. Yesterday my initial GB package finally arrived, and honestly it's been a pain.
That's unfortunate. I genuinely want to know the reason they're a thing? And do they only apply to certain cities? I don't require many peps, yet I notice plenty of people going that route.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
 
New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Basically, this works just like fight club. Rules are something I really enjoy.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Basically, this works just like fight club. Rules are something I really enjoy.

Bill
Honestly, there are plenty of moments where it gives off serious fight club vibes. 🤣
 
Whiynot20026 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
Man, the learning curve on this is no joke. Yesterday my initial GB package finally arrived, and honestly it's been a pain.
That's unfortunate. I genuinely want to know the reason they're a thing? And do they only apply to certain cities? I don't require many peps, yet I notice plenty of people going that route.

Bill
I’m part of a site/community that runs group buys. For $10 each month, I’m able to use a credit card during their weekly group buy. To me, it’s worth it because I skip the hassle of crypto, customs, and testing—they test every 100 vials. This is the simplest route in my case, though plenty of folks get by just fine through discord and other sites.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Whiynot20026 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
Man, the learning curve on this is no joke. Yesterday my initial GB package finally arrived, and honestly it's been a pain.
That's unfortunate. I genuinely want to know the reason they're a thing? And do they only apply to certain cities? I don't require many peps, yet I notice plenty of people going that route.

Bill
I’m part of a site/community that runs group buys. For $10 each month, I’m able to use a credit card during their weekly group buy. To me, it’s worth it because I skip the hassle of crypto, customs, and testing—they test every 100 vials. This is the simplest route in my case, though plenty of folks get by just fine through discord and other sites.
That’s a great deal in my book. I can’t stand any of that either. Still, that uncertainty is like 90% of the thrill—will your peps ever show up from China, or will you end up on a customs watch list? And Crypto. Just the best. Not. Thanks for sharing.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Basically, this works just like fight club. Rules are something I really enjoy.

Bill
All joking aside, one reason I’m a fan of GBs is that they make it easier to stock up: buying multiple kits in one go often comes with a much better price. With a Group Promotion Vendor, that vendor handles the back-and-forth with the supplier and secures a lower cost because of the total number of kits the group is ordering. Frequently, the amount you pay already covers testing arranged by the Group Promotion Vendor. When the Group Promotion Vendor isn’t providing testing, it’s common for enough participants to band together and create a test group. Even when basic M/P/I has already been covered, plenty of people still put together a test group to check for additional items such as sterility or endotoxins.

The only downside is that patience is required. Sometimes the entire process can stretch to 12 weeks. Typically, though, it takes 6-8 weeks.
 
New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Exactly right.

Whiynot20026 said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Basically, this works just like fight club. Rules are something I really enjoy.

Bill
It's possible for it to stretch to 3 months, though it typically moves quicker. You pay in advance, then expect to wait somewhere around 6-12 weeks. One of mine took roughly 5 weeks and is due to arrive Monday. I got 3 R30 kits at $110 apiece.
 
BNLFL said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Exactly right.

Whiynot20026 said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Basically, this works just like fight club. Rules are something I really enjoy.

Bill
It's possible for it to stretch to 3 months, though it typically moves quicker. You pay in advance, then expect to wait somewhere around 6-12 weeks. One of mine took roughly 5 weeks and is due to arrive Monday. I got 3 R30 kits at $110 apiece.
Finding out that these are out there is really good news. What’s the process for getting into one? And what signs tell you it’s a solid one to be part of? My guess is it comes down to folks you connect with online and decide to trust. The testing part appeals to me the most. That’s where the value is.

Bill
 
New2ton said:

I find it hilarious that "vendor" is now the go-to substitute for "organ - izer" 🤣
I genuinely refer to them as organizers. Every one of my primary spots has a solid one, and every single one of them is a girl.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

BNLFL said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Exactly right.

Whiynot20026 said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Basically, this works just like fight club. Rules are something I really enjoy.

Bill
It's possible for it to stretch to 3 months, though it typically moves quicker. You pay in advance, then expect to wait somewhere around 6-12 weeks. One of mine took roughly 5 weeks and is due to arrive Monday. I got 3 R30 kits at $110 apiece.
Finding out that these are out there is really good news. What’s the process for getting into one? And what signs tell you it’s a solid one to be part of? My guess is it comes down to folks you connect with online and decide to trust. The testing part appeals to me the most. That’s where the value is.

Bill
Ah, young Skywalker, your time will arrive.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
Man, the learning curve on this is no joke. Yesterday my initial GB package finally arrived, and honestly it's been a pain.
That's unfortunate. I genuinely want to know the reason they're a thing? And do they only apply to certain cities? I don't require many peps, yet I notice plenty of people going that route.

Bill
Just my 2 cents.

  1. With a group buy, there's a better chance all the vials originate from a single production run (batch). That means testing a few randomly selected vials can actually represent the remaining ones. So the test results carry real meaning. Most folks who test on their own (even as part of group testing) can't be sure it applies to their other vials. The supply chain might be shuffling batches in any random way.
  2. Testing is often included as part of the arrangement. And some GBs may even throw in additional tests beyond the basic ones. It makes the whole thing a bit more efficient.
  3. Running tests on larger batches makes sense. Otherwise, you end up with a lot of redundant testing - checking the same batch again and again.
  4. GBs tend to come with some pricing advantage.
@ZippityDooDah isn't keen on GBs. And his reasons are valid. Often it just ends up bankrolling someone else's operation. From my perspective, a well executed GB can bring certain efficiencies. I don't hold it against the Group Promotion Vendors for their cut. It's a lot of work.
 
BNLFL said:

Whiynot20026 said:

BNLFL said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Exactly right.

Whiynot20026 said:

New2ton said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Thanks once more to BNLFL. All the supplies are here now. I’m really looking forward to getting started with filtering. At this point I just have to figure out GBs.

Bill
When it comes to GBs, the number 1 rule is that patience is mandatory.
Basically, this works just like fight club. Rules are something I really enjoy.

Bill
It's possible for it to stretch to 3 months, though it typically moves quicker. You pay in advance, then expect to wait somewhere around 6-12 weeks. One of mine took roughly 5 weeks and is due to arrive Monday. I got 3 R30 kits at $110 apiece.
Finding out that these are out there is really good news. What’s the process for getting into one? And what signs tell you it’s a solid one to be part of? My guess is it comes down to folks you connect with online and decide to trust. The testing part appeals to me the most. That’s where the value is.

Bill
Ah, young Skywalker, your time will arrive.
I belong to a solid group. We don’t do GB, but we support one another and the pricing we get is reliable. Nothing to complain about. Plus my stash is excellent. Reta is an absolute favorite right now. Still, Cagri and Lora are on my radar. I simply want new toys. And frequently.

Bill
 
Back
Top