Filters

Joined
May 7, 2026
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Location
WV
I can’t figure out which filters I should get, and I’m also unsure whether the needle gauge has any effect when it comes to filtering peptides. Right now, Tirzepatide is the only thing I use. Even after watching the videos, I still worry that the items I’m choosing might not be the correct ones.
 
Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
 
30 works for me. The 25’s are what I’m accustomed to from oil injections, and those are offered in the longer sizes.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
When you go with a longer needle, a 30g can end up bending because it's so thin.

After looking into it, I found that for 1.5" I'm actually going with 22g
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.
 
Noodle sizes I have run are 25g, 27g and 30g, with lengths anywhere from 1-1.5". I never felt any meaningful difference between them, so I just reach for whatever is in the drawer.

For filters I buy the 13mm 0.22 micron PES ones. I have used 4mm as well. The usual claim is that a 4mm filter only takes 1mL, yet I have pushed 4-5mL through one without trouble, tirz especially. The trick is pushing slower than you would with a 13mm, otherwise you risk blowing the filter out. Link to the ones I order is below.



55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg




Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



High-throughput Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters. Ideal for biological fluid filtration. >98.5% protein recovery. Multiple diameters. Shop now!

204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png



biologixusa.com
 
First off, it’s great that you’re running your peps through a filter. After you’ve done it a few times and it turns into a routine, it really is quite simple.. and even kind of calming.

As far as needles go, I usually just grab whatever is on hand. When I’m drawing the pep, I like something in the 22–25g range because it’s faster, but when it comes to the filtering itself, I haven’t found needle size to make much of a difference.

If you’d rather keep your setup minimal, my suggestion would be to buy one large box of 25g 1.5" needles. They work for drawing, filtering, and as an airer, so that handles just about everything without stocking multiple needle sizes.
 
New2ton said:

Noodle sizes I have run are 25g, 27g and 30g, with lengths anywhere from 1-1.5". I never felt any meaningful difference between them, so I just reach for whatever is in the drawer.

For filters I buy the 13mm 0.22 micron PES ones. I have used 4mm as well. The usual claim is that a 4mm filter only takes 1mL, yet I have pushed 4-5mL through one without trouble, tirz especially. The trick is pushing slower than you would with a 13mm, otherwise you risk blowing the filter out. Link to the ones I order is below.



View attachment 10782



Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



High-throughput Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters. Ideal for biological fluid filtration. >98.5% protein recovery. Multiple diameters. Shop now!

View attachment 10783


biologixusa.com
Oh really? That’s something I need to give a shot! Still, what’s the reason you’ve got 4-5mL of tirz? Is it T100, and does it arrive in a 5mL vial? I’m just being curious.
 
miameow said:

New2ton said:

Noodle sizes I have run are 25g, 27g and 30g, with lengths anywhere from 1-1.5". I never felt any meaningful difference between them, so I just reach for whatever is in the drawer.

For filters I buy the 13mm 0.22 micron PES ones. I have used 4mm as well. The usual claim is that a 4mm filter only takes 1mL, yet I have pushed 4-5mL through one without trouble, tirz especially. The trick is pushing slower than you would with a 13mm, otherwise you risk blowing the filter out. Link to the ones I order is below.



View attachment 10782



Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



High-throughput Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters. Ideal for biological fluid filtration. >98.5% protein recovery. Multiple diameters. Shop now!

View attachment 10783


biologixusa.com
Oh really? That’s something I need to give a shot! Still, what’s the reason you’ve got 4-5mL of tirz? Is it T100, and does it arrive in a 5mL vial? I’m just being curious.
My bad, I didn't phrase that well. 🙃 When it comes to other peps, I've run 4-5mL through, but for someone only using tirz at 1-2mL, a 4mm filter ought to work just fine. As for T100, I honestly wouldn't have a clue what to do with it. At 5mg I'm nearly at maintenance, so it would spoil long before I managed to finish it. lol
 
ZippityDooDah said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.
Yes, I do run it through a filter into a fresh sterile vial, but the puncture it makes in the stopper seems larger. Perhaps the vials I'm using aren't the correct ones.
 
For filtration I go with Biologix 13mm 22um units. A pack of 100 runs roughly $50. Reconstitution with Hospira and drawing the mixture back out happens with inexpensive 3ml and 5ml syringes from Amazon plus 23g 1.5" needles. To transfer the filtered peptide into the fresh vial, I keep 1" needles on hand.



55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg




Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



High-throughput Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters. Ideal for biological fluid filtration. >98.5% protein recovery. Multiple diameters. Shop now!

204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png



biologixusa.com
 
ZippityDooDah said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.
As long as you change the needle prior to dispensing into the final container. I suppose that's something I ought to be doing.
 
WLBLD said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
When you go with a longer needle, a 30g can end up bending because it's so thin.

After looking into it, I found that for 1.5" I'm actually going with 22g
When I was reconstituting, my 1 inch 30 gauge kept bending, so I switched to a larger size.
 
tcpnomad said:

ZippityDooDah said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.
As long as you change the needle prior to dispensing into the final container. I suppose that's something I ought to be doing.
Right — you start by reconstituting it. Once that's done, pull the solution up into a syringe. Next, remove the needle, attach the filter, mount a fresh needle, and inject into a new vial.
 
tcpnomad said:

ZippityDooDah said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.
As long as you change the needle prior to dispensing into the final container. I suppose that's something I ought to be doing.
Absolutely. For the BAC, I use a 23g 1" to inject it, then a 23g 1.5" to pull it out, and a separate 23g 1" to push it through the filter into the fresh vial. Boxes of 100 of these 3ml and 5ml luer lock syringes and needles don't cost much on Amazon. Going through that many doesn't bother me.
 
Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?

ZippityDooDah said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

ZippityDooDah said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

Vash said:

For drawing up, I go with 2213’s plus 3ml syringes fitted with 25g 1.5” needles. Being able to reach the bottom of the vial is what the extra length gives you, so pulling out all of the liquid is simpler.


https://injectionshop.com/flt-pes-2213.html/
With a 25g, the puncture left in my vial seems huge, so I moved to 30g. Either one should probably do the job, correct? There isn’t any particular advantage a 25g offers compared with a 30g, is there? It just comes down to what someone likes?
The variation in dimensions isn't as large as you'd expect, and the diameter of the "hole" is irrelevant since re-using a vial after extracting the liquid for filtration is something you should NOT do—doing so would defeat the whole point of filtering.
Yes, I do run it through a filter into a fresh sterile vial, but the puncture it makes in the stopper seems larger. Perhaps the vials I'm using aren't the correct ones.
It seems like the needle you use to draw the contaminated solution is the same one you then use to push the filtered liquid into a sterile vial — which defeats the purpose of filtering all over again.

In the quoted post above, Vash was recommending a 25G 1.5" needle specifically for DRAWING the solution out of the vial.

For injecting the filtered solution into a fresh sterile vial, a brand-new sterile needle should be used, and the gauge you pick is up to you (once more: going from 25G to 30G changes the diameter by .008"—eight THOUSANTHS of an inch—which makes no difference at all with a modern self-healing rubber stopper, so there is no reason to fret about the size of the "hole" left behind).
 
When the volume I'm working with is 3ml or under, the 4mm filters are what I reach for. Anything above that amount, and I switch over to the 13mm ones.

One thing that never changes: the needle I use to vent the cartridge always gets a 13mm filter, no exceptions, since those cost less.

Explaining this to my mom has been a real struggle. Each time she recons, I catch her either venting with a 4mm or reaching for a 13mm to do the filtering. It makes me feel bad, as though my explanation just isn't clicking for her in a way that feels natural.
 
randompersonrandom said:

When the volume I'm working with is 3ml or under, the 4mm filters are what I reach for. Anything above that amount, and I switch over to the 13mm ones.

One thing that never changes: the needle I use to vent the cartridge always gets a 13mm filter, no exceptions, since those cost less.

Explaining this to my mom has been a real struggle. Each time she recons, I catch her either venting with a 4mm or reaching for a 13mm to do the filtering. It makes me feel bad, as though my explanation just isn't clicking for her in a way that feels natural.
This is the first time I've come across anyone putting a filter on the venting needle. I assume it's to filter the incoming air? That's an interesting concept. There was a whole conversation we had regarding non-sterile air entering the vial. Still, I'm curious whether it actually does anything when it's just air. Is this a common practice?
 
tcpnomad said:

randompersonrandom said:

When the volume I'm working with is 3ml or under, the 4mm filters are what I reach for. Anything above that amount, and I switch over to the 13mm ones.

One thing that never changes: the needle I use to vent the cartridge always gets a 13mm filter, no exceptions, since those cost less.

Explaining this to my mom has been a real struggle. Each time she recons, I catch her either venting with a 4mm or reaching for a 13mm to do the filtering. It makes me feel bad, as though my explanation just isn't clicking for her in a way that feels natural.
This is the first time I've come across anyone putting a filter on the venting needle. I assume it's to filter the incoming air? That's an interesting concept. There was a whole conversation we had regarding non-sterile air entering the vial. Still, I'm curious whether it actually does anything when it's just air. Is this a common practice?
I picked up this habit from a PeptideTest filtering clip. Plenty of folks roll their eyes and claim it's just a way to push more filter sales, but to me the logic held up, so I keep doing it. If my end goal were vials, then yeah, air has to be introduced eventually or you'd be pulling against a vacuum just to draw liquid out, so in that case I probably wouldn't bother. But since I'm pushing into cartridges, the moment the peptide is in, the first step is clearing out every bit of air and none ever gets added afterward, so it strikes me as a sensible thing to do for that setup.
 
Back
Top