Filtered tap water used by mistake in place of BAC water

byefatlicia said:

Chili777 said:

I'm shocked that this is something people are debating. Harm reduction should be the top priority for every person in this space. This doesn't qualify.
Threads along these lines are actually somewhat appealing to me. They get people to refine how they approach things. And there is plenty we are unaware of being unaware of. With any luck, some will learn from this. 🙂 Do you recall that needle safety thread? Even though the conversation was rough, it was likely beneficial.
Is that the Fisherman dude? He brought his (?) ancient thread back from the dead, and I blocked him right away lmao

Looking right now, I can see he got banned though.

Rolltide61 said:

ltjltj said:

DeafJam said:

Lucygoosey said:

Alright, since everybody wants to know — and honestly I would too, ha ha — here's what went down: my daughter took a shine to the 60ml glass bottle for her little potion projects, so she grabbed the empty one and topped it off with water, then just left it sitting there on the counter. My sister, who was only over for a visit and has no idea how things work around our house, grabbed it without realizing and went ahead with it. The whole thing happened inside of 15 minutes.
How is it possible that your child can get hold of syringes? The carelessness on every side is truly staggering.
I can't follow any of this. Did the child actually put water into syringes and inject it? Or did someone manage to get the vial open — because if that happened, it ought to be extremely clear that it can't be used to mix peptides. After that, the sister showed up for a visit and did the mixing? Since when is that a normal arrangement? Were those her own peptides and she was drawing on your BAC? Or was she doing you a favor by mixing yours? There are so many absurd layers here that I don't buy any of it. Assuming it did happen, my advice is firm: grey peptides are a bad fit for OP's household in general — this is a catastrophe just waiting to unfold.
Yeah, that's believable. I'd put 20 dollars on her being a Millennial. After all, they also eat Tide pods.....
Hold on. Gen Z was also under the impression they looked juicy and delicious. (I have no idea where generations end.)

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

sheilarae74 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

sheilarae74 said:

I am employed by a company that provides infusion therapy in the home. Believe me, developing cellulitis, endocarditis, sepsis, etc. from injecting a non-sterile substance is extremely painful and very costly. Throw it away.
My knowledge here is limited, yet certain consequences might not show up instantly or through a reaction where you injected. For instance, wouldn’t you only discover it afterward, and in a horrible manner?
Severe sepsis carries high risk. Treatment requires IV antibiotics, and those drugs cost a great deal. Hallucinations can indicate advanced sepsis. Once it progresses beyond a certain point, death follows. Surviving a second episode is uncommon.
At age 27, I developed sepsis with no identifiable origin and zero warning signs. The sole reason I sought medical care was a nonspecific sense that something wasn't right, though I couldn't put it into words. 0/10 would not advise
That is scary as hell. Good thing you made it through that.
 
Lucygoosey said:

Hey everyone.

To make a long absurd story brief: a vial of BAC water had been swapped out for tap water (which is filtered very carefully), and my sister ended up using that by mistake in a brand-new bottle of NAD 1000mg.

Can this be salvaged somehow, is she able to just carry on with it, or does the whole thing need to be thrown out?

Much love
Yep. Throw it out, begin fresh. Treat it as a lesson learned, carry on grinning because you won't repeat that mistake... unless alcohol is involved, in which case you're forgiven..
 
This whole story is off. My BS detector is maxing out

So your child "accidentally" took a syringe and shot filtered tap water into a used BAC vial for no reason? If that actually happened, your kid is a hazard.

And why would BAC come in 60 mL bottles? Aren't the sizes 3,5,10,30 mL?

Also, why would your sister just randomly reconstitute peptides at your place with zero instructions or questions.
 
blackkaiser said:

Speaking for myself, my take is that you'll probably be fine.
That's roughly my position too.

How many folks were using BAC from vendors? Or BAC off Amazon? Isn't that like 99% of the community?

And how many of those sellers were shady and passed off tap water as BAC? From what I recall, something like 80% of BAC water tested on Peppys ended up failing testing.

Now, look, I take sterility seriously these days. I filter, I threw out the Amazon BAC, and I try to stick to legit medical sources only, no more gear from peptide suppliers or Amazon.

But back when I started, I had no clue. Zero issues. I made it through.

You will too.
 
Lucygoosey said:

Hey everyone.

To make a long absurd story brief: a vial of BAC water had been swapped out for tap water (which is filtered very carefully), and my sister ended up using that by mistake in a brand-new bottle of NAD 1000mg.

Can this be salvaged somehow, is she able to just carry on with it, or does the whole thing need to be thrown out?

Much love
I would throw it away; you shouldn't even use filtered tap in a neti pot.
 
W

TazaTaza said:

This whole story is off. My BS detector is maxing out

So your child "accidentally" took a syringe and shot filtered tap water into a used BAC vial for no reason? If that actually happened, your kid is a hazard.

And why would BAC come in 60 mL bottles? Aren't the sizes 3,5,10,30 mL?

Also, why would your sister just randomly reconstitute peptides at your place with zero instructions or questions.
What's with all the questions? Does my being genuine bother you?
 
Chili777 said:


I get it. But tap water? Really? That's like the labels that come on curling irons and say, "Don't use in the bathtub", to me. Maybe I'm just old.

Click to expand...
Folks, my entire home has a FILTRATION SYSTEM built into the water and plumbing.

That is the reason this is even something to think about — if it were plain tap water, there would be no post at all, because it would go straight into the trash.

Anyone with children knows they enjoy making little witchy potion-style crafts out of whatever they can find.

I DO NOT KEEP MY PEPTIDES AND SUPPLIES SITTING OUT.

THIS IS A REAL QUESTION, EVERYONE.

Sorry if I upset anybody. Fuck me, you people clearly have far too much spare time.

For those wondering, she bought benzoyl alcohol and made a nasal spray with it.
 
BlueDog55 said:

I'd go ahead with it and keep an eye out for any negative reactions, though that's because I'm willing to take the chance. I wouldn't tell you to do the same — it has to be your own call.
NAD isn't really that expensive. I'd throw the whole thing away without hesitation. Do you even know the source of tap water? It's reclaimed urine and feces liquid flowing through pipes that are a million years old. No thanks, not a chance I'd take that risk, particularly for NAD 🤣
 
Lucygoosey said:


Guys, I have a whole house, fully integrated FILTRATION SYSTEM ON MY WATER/PLUMBING.

Hence why this is even a consideration if it was just tapwater, they would be no post as it would be automatically in the bin.

THIS IS A GENUINE QUESTION GANG.

Click to expand...
But the final outcome remains unclear to us... did the vial get thrown out?

My apologies if I insulted anyone. Fuck me, you guys have way too much time on your hands.

Click to expand...
This belongs on Reddit, honestly (/jk).
 
Lucygoosey said:


Guys, I have a whole house, fully integrated FILTRATION SYSTEM ON MY WATER/PLUMBING.

Hence why this is even a consideration if it was just tapwater, they would be no post as it would be automatically in the bin.

Whoever has kids know kids love little crafty witchy poo shit to make potions out of anything and everything.

I DONT LEAVE MY PEPTIDE STASH AND PARAPHERNALIA OUT.

THIS IS A GENUINE QUESTION GANG.

My apologies if I insulted anyone. Fuck me, you guys have way too much time on your hands.

To answer those who are curious, she purchased benzoyl alcohol and turned it into a nasal spray.

Click to expand...
When I made my post, I hadn't come across this on page 2. Even so, that's a hard no from me.

I'm already injecting Chinese junk into my body,

DjJoshua said:

Lucygoosey said:

Hey everyone.

To make a long absurd story brief: a vial of BAC water had been swapped out for tap water (which is filtered very carefully), and my sister ended up using that by mistake in a brand-new bottle of NAD 1000mg.

Can this be salvaged somehow, is she able to just carry on with it, or does the whole thing need to be thrown out?

Much love
Yep. Throw it out, begin fresh. Treat it as a lesson learned, carry on grinning because you won't repeat that mistake... unless alcohol is involved, in which case you're forgiven..
Hey asshole, it's been ages! 🫡😘🤌
 
@DrPEPr - this is what you were looking for:

Lucygoosey said:


To answer those who are curious, she purchased benzoyl alcohol and turned it into a nasal spray.

Click to expand...
 
Nothing about that has changed for me - either it is nonsense, or nobody in a house like that should be touching gray market peps given how broad the safety worry is.
 
Taking it by mouth or under the tongue remains an option.

Filtered water does not qualify as pyrogen-free, so injecting it could bring on a high fever. Putting it in the nose is likewise advised against.
 
"Accidentally" is not believable here. Look up how brain-eating amoebas are contracted.

This whole situation is so risky that words fail me. And should either you or your sister end up in the ER, both of you plus the hospital staff would certainly pin it on the hazards of Peptides.
 
ltjltj said:

DeafJam said:

Lucygoosey said:

Alright, since everybody wants to know — and honestly I would too, ha ha — here's what went down: my daughter took a shine to the 60ml glass bottle for her little potion projects, so she grabbed the empty one and topped it off with water, then just left it sitting there on the counter. My sister, who was only over for a visit and has no idea how things work around our house, grabbed it without realizing and went ahead with it. The whole thing happened inside of 15 minutes.
How is it possible that your child can get hold of syringes? The carelessness on every side is truly staggering.
I can't follow any of this. Did the child actually put water into syringes and inject it? Or did someone manage to get the vial open — because if that happened, it ought to be extremely clear that it can't be used to mix peptides. After that, the sister showed up for a visit and did the mixing? Since when is that a normal arrangement? Were those her own peptides and she was drawing on your BAC? Or was she doing you a favor by mixing yours? There are so many absurd layers here that I don't buy any of it. Assuming it did happen, my advice is firm: grey peptides are a bad fit for OP's household in general — this is a catastrophe just waiting to unfold.
My guess is the original poster lacks bac water altogether, and invented this situation just to find out whether tap water would work.
 
Lucygoosey said:


Guys, I have a whole house, fully integrated FILTRATION SYSTEM ON MY WATER/PLUMBING.

Hence why this is even a consideration if it was just tapwater, they would be no post as it would be automatically in the bin.

Whoever has kids know kids love little crafty witchy poo shit to make potions out of anything and everything.

I DONT LEAVE MY PEPTIDE STASH AND PARAPHERNALIA OUT.

THIS IS A GENUINE QUESTION GANG.

My apologies if I insulted anyone. Fuck me, you guys have way too much time on your hands.

To answer those who are curious, she purchased benzoyl alcohol and turned it into a nasal spray.

Click to expand...
It seems like you have a serious misconception about how sterile a whole-house filtration setup actually is. Behind that system, the pipes will still develop microbial growth.

And you never answered for the carelessness of handing kids real syringes to play with — why are they even watching their mother shoot up random substances and calling them potions? What other reason would they have for wanting to play potions and knowing how to operate syringes?

You show up here seeking guidance, but the moment people point out how reckless your actions were, you start throwing insults rather than taking it in. Best of luck stumbling through life with a blindfold on.
 
Back
Top