Filtered tap water used by mistake in place of BAC water

Grogu said:

Chili777 said:

I'm shocked that this is something people are debating. Harm reduction should be the top priority for every person in this space. This doesn't qualify.

Yeah, this has to be among the creepier discussions out there. It isn't just that a person might think about drawing from that vial — someone came right out and stated they'd inject it, and that doing so falls inside what they consider acceptable risk. Like there's any real debate over what the right move is.





View attachment 10291
My comment went through 4 rewrites. SMH
 

Attachments

  • aae6ac0f27f333bfc980a640ad09070f6b0ea827fe220f5e589eae67c0fed06a.gif
    aae6ac0f27f333bfc980a640ad09070f6b0ea827fe220f5e589eae67c0fed06a.gif
    260.5 KB · Views: 4
Chili777 said:

I'm shocked that this is something people are debating. Harm reduction should be the top priority for every person in this space. This doesn't qualify.
Threads along these lines are actually somewhat appealing to me. They get people to refine how they approach things. And there is plenty we are unaware of being unaware of. With any luck, some will learn from this. 🙂 Do you recall that needle safety thread? Even though the conversation was rough, it was likely beneficial.
 
1. Under no circumstances should you put that into your body as an injection.

2. Having a family, I get it, but I’d strongly urge you to store that material completely away from children. This has to be done cleanly, and with your body you can’t risk mishaps. It’s already bad that we’re injecting questionable peptides from China. At minimum, you owe it to yourself to be diligent about hygiene and to follow the right steps for sanitizing. Kids should never be the ones accidentally handling this or that! That’s how sepsis happens.
 
byefatlicia said:

Chili777 said:

I'm shocked that this is something people are debating. Harm reduction should be the top priority for every person in this space. This doesn't qualify.
Threads along these lines are actually somewhat appealing to me. They get people to refine how they approach things. And there is plenty we are unaware of being unaware of. With any luck, some will learn from this. 🙂 Do you recall that needle safety thread? Even though the conversation was rough, it was likely beneficial.
I understand where you're coming from. Still, tap water, of all things? To me that's on the same level as the warnings printed on curling irons telling you not to use them in the bathtub. Perhaps it's just because I'm old.
 
If your daughter enjoys playing with the empty vials, mark them up with a sharpie, put a sticker on them, or peel off the label. Pick some way to tell your supplies apart from her play items.

It might also be worth finding somewhere to pack up and store your whole stash so it stays sterile.

I honestly would not risk it with that vial. If you got a kit, then you have more of them. It is not worth it!
 
Lucygoosey said:

Hey everyone.

To make a long absurd story brief: a vial of BAC water had been swapped out for tap water (which is filtered very carefully), and my sister ended up using that by mistake in a brand-new bottle of NAD 1000mg.

Can this be salvaged somehow, is she able to just carry on with it, or does the whole thing need to be thrown out?

Much love
Any news on this? I really want to know how it turned out.
 
Among everything possible to do in gray, putting tap water—even after filtering—into your body ranks as one of the riskiest.

For heaven's sake, avoid doing that.
 
I am employed by a company that provides infusion therapy in the home. Believe me, developing cellulitis, endocarditis, sepsis, etc. from injecting a non-sterile substance is extremely painful and very costly. Throw it away.
 
Lucygoosey said:

Alright, since everybody wants to know — and honestly I would too, ha ha — here's what went down: my daughter took a shine to the 60ml glass bottle for her little potion projects, so she grabbed the empty one and topped it off with water, then just left it sitting there on the counter. My sister, who was only over for a visit and has no idea how things work around our house, grabbed it without realizing and went ahead with it. The whole thing happened inside of 15 minutes.
How is it possible that your child can get hold of syringes? The carelessness on every side is truly staggering.
 
DeafJam said:

Lucygoosey said:

Alright, since everybody wants to know — and honestly I would too, ha ha — here's what went down: my daughter took a shine to the 60ml glass bottle for her little potion projects, so she grabbed the empty one and topped it off with water, then just left it sitting there on the counter. My sister, who was only over for a visit and has no idea how things work around our house, grabbed it without realizing and went ahead with it. The whole thing happened inside of 15 minutes.
How is it possible that your child can get hold of syringes? The carelessness on every side is truly staggering.
I can't follow any of this. Did the child actually put water into syringes and inject it? Or did someone manage to get the vial open — because if that happened, it ought to be extremely clear that it can't be used to mix peptides. After that, the sister showed up for a visit and did the mixing? Since when is that a normal arrangement? Were those her own peptides and she was drawing on your BAC? Or was she doing you a favor by mixing yours? There are so many absurd layers here that I don't buy any of it. Assuming it did happen, my advice is firm: grey peptides are a bad fit for OP's household in general — this is a catastrophe just waiting to unfold.
 
sheilarae74 said:

I am employed by a company that provides infusion therapy in the home. Believe me, developing cellulitis, endocarditis, sepsis, etc. from injecting a non-sterile substance is extremely painful and very costly. Throw it away.
My knowledge here is limited, yet certain consequences might not show up instantly or through a reaction where you injected. For instance, wouldn’t you only discover it afterward, and in a horrible manner?
 
skeptick said:


Gonna depend on your risk tolerance. Probably not the wisest thing to use it. BUT, if you don't live on Love Canal(look it up)... I and a lot of other junkies have used much worse than tap water and I'm still kickin. Worst I ever done was to use green GatorAid to dissolve my coke with. Knew some who used water from a city mud puddle to to cook their Heroin with in a spoon. Least they boiled that solution before injecting. Come to think of it, a couple of them are no longer with us. Haven't heard from the other two in a long while. I was lucky to have been born with a super strong resistance to bacteria and a stupid high RISK tolerance. Somebody smarter than me said "ain't nothin but pain, sufferin, and death down that road.

Recently had to relearn the value of PROMPTLY labeling my vials. And it's just one vial. Plenty more where that cam from



CHOOSE WISELY...

Click to expand...
Over the 25 years I've worked in this field, plenty of my clients have injected their dope using toilet water, or whatever other liquid was around, like stagnant water from a discarded bottle. A few are still alive, a few aren't. Some developed infections so severe they gave off a rotting flesh smell — no exaggeration. But among those who didn't drop dead, every single one ended up with MRSA, sepsis, or some other nasty toxin eating away at them or their skin from the inside. And these days, a lot of them don't even bother boiling or filtering half the time.

Even rinsing your sinuses with tap water isn't recommended. My risk tolerance sits somewhere in the middle, but there are lines I won't cross.

Toss💯
 
ltjltj said:

DeafJam said:

Lucygoosey said:

Alright, since everybody wants to know — and honestly I would too, ha ha — here's what went down: my daughter took a shine to the 60ml glass bottle for her little potion projects, so she grabbed the empty one and topped it off with water, then just left it sitting there on the counter. My sister, who was only over for a visit and has no idea how things work around our house, grabbed it without realizing and went ahead with it. The whole thing happened inside of 15 minutes.
How is it possible that your child can get hold of syringes? The carelessness on every side is truly staggering.
I can't follow any of this. Did the child actually put water into syringes and inject it? Or did someone manage to get the vial open — because if that happened, it ought to be extremely clear that it can't be used to mix peptides. After that, the sister showed up for a visit and did the mixing? Since when is that a normal arrangement? Were those her own peptides and she was drawing on your BAC? Or was she doing you a favor by mixing yours? There are so many absurd layers here that I don't buy any of it. Assuming it did happen, my advice is firm: grey peptides are a bad fit for OP's household in general — this is a catastrophe just waiting to unfold.
Yeah, that's believable. I'd put 20 dollars on her being a Millennial. After all, they also eat Tide pods.....
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

sheilarae74 said:

I am employed by a company that provides infusion therapy in the home. Believe me, developing cellulitis, endocarditis, sepsis, etc. from injecting a non-sterile substance is extremely painful and very costly. Throw it away.
My knowledge here is limited, yet certain consequences might not show up instantly or through a reaction where you injected. For instance, wouldn’t you only discover it afterward, and in a horrible manner?
Severe sepsis carries high risk. Treatment requires IV antibiotics, and those drugs cost a great deal. Hallucinations can indicate advanced sepsis. Once it progresses beyond a certain point, death follows. Surviving a second episode is uncommon.
 
sheilarae74 said:

UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

sheilarae74 said:

I am employed by a company that provides infusion therapy in the home. Believe me, developing cellulitis, endocarditis, sepsis, etc. from injecting a non-sterile substance is extremely painful and very costly. Throw it away.
My knowledge here is limited, yet certain consequences might not show up instantly or through a reaction where you injected. For instance, wouldn’t you only discover it afterward, and in a horrible manner?
Severe sepsis carries high risk. Treatment requires IV antibiotics, and those drugs cost a great deal. Hallucinations can indicate advanced sepsis. Once it progresses beyond a certain point, death follows. Surviving a second episode is uncommon.
At age 27, I developed sepsis with no identifiable origin and zero warning signs. The sole reason I sought medical care was a nonspecific sense that something wasn't right, though I couldn't put it into words. 0/10 would not advise
 
Back
Top