Eli Lilly's Newest Tactic

Chili777 said:

I came across this over at the Reta Overdose Convention, which used to be called Reddit:
Appreciate you sharing this, really solid information
 
Huh, so Eli Lilly apparently still has room to sink lower. Figured they'd already reached the absolute bottom. I suppose that's on me for giving them too little credit.
 
Danger1212 said:

Stockpiling peptides brings back memories of the COVID era, when everyone rushed to grab ammo, primers, powder, and anything else that came to mind. 👊

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…

Seems like I got an invite to a completely different gathering 🤣. My shopping spree was all about toilet paper, masks, and hand sanitizer.
 
Ragnar said:

1-/q

HereKittyKitty said:

Ragnar said:

Under the standard classification rules, retatrutide counts as a synthetic peptide built from 39 amino acids. Given that the existing statute sets the Biologics threshold at 40 amino acids, this looks like an open-and-shut situation where the courts ought to toss out Lilys argument. That said, courts do not always adhere to statutes the way they are drafted, so it would not shock me if Lily manages to persuade a judge to read the requirement as 40 amino acids.

When it comes to a broader sweep against gray market peptides, my guess is that AI keeps factoring into the picture. Another route that would actually matter is rewriting laws so peptides cannot be sold to ordinary individuals under the "research use only" label. I am hoping that never comes to pass, but that worry has me thinking about bumping up my 2 year supply.
Discussion is already underway about a PUO classification and eliminating RUO.
This is news to me, though it does sound intriguing. I get that ruo stands for research use only. But what does puo mean?
"Physician Use Only" means these drugs would move to a doctor-patient setup, usually through telemedicine, or by handing in a form or prescription. This approach lets them tighten control and lets providers charge outrageous prices.
 
Chili777 said:

Ragnar said:

1-/q

HereKittyKitty said:

Ragnar said:

Under the standard classification rules, retatrutide counts as a synthetic peptide built from 39 amino acids. Given that the existing statute sets the Biologics threshold at 40 amino acids, this looks like an open-and-shut situation where the courts ought to toss out Lilys argument. That said, courts do not always adhere to statutes the way they are drafted, so it would not shock me if Lily manages to persuade a judge to read the requirement as 40 amino acids.

When it comes to a broader sweep against gray market peptides, my guess is that AI keeps factoring into the picture. Another route that would actually matter is rewriting laws so peptides cannot be sold to ordinary individuals under the "research use only" label. I am hoping that never comes to pass, but that worry has me thinking about bumping up my 2 year supply.
Discussion is already underway about a PUO classification and eliminating RUO.
This is news to me, though it does sound intriguing. I get that ruo stands for research use only. But what does puo mean?
"Physician Use Only" means these drugs would move to a doctor-patient setup, usually through telemedicine, or by handing in a form or prescription. This approach lets them tighten control and lets providers charge outrageous prices.
Well damn, looks like my 2-year supply won't cut it anymore — I'll need to build it up to 10 years.
 
NBA_MiddleAgedGirl said:

byefatlicia said:

birdwhacker said:

CMA Pooky said:

Seeing this, I feel like stocking up on as many kits as my budget allows. Big pharma's greed knows no bounds.
Stocking up is generally wise, though it probably won't make much of a difference for gray.
Acting like Gray peps aren't already scribbled on BP dry erase boards would be foolish. Look at what happened in September: CN manufacturing sites were closed and 2 of the largest vendors went down. Customs seizures and shipping problems keep climbing. Crypto access is getting squeezed by banks. My tinfoil hat is starting to buzz.
No doubt about it. While RFK Jr. was in front of Congress for his hearings, he brought up "inspecting" warehouses in China (framed as safety checks). Things are about to get interesting.
RFK is a clown who really ought to think about stepping away for good. After that, he might finally take up something within his abilities: parked in front of the television, phone in hand, scrolling away.
 
Grogu said:

Danger1212 said:

Stockpiling peptides brings back memories of the COVID era, when everyone rushed to grab ammo, primers, powder, and anything else that came to mind. 👊

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…

Seems like I got an invite to a completely different gathering 🤣. My shopping spree was all about toilet paper, masks, and hand sanitizer.
Alright, alright 😂 Every one of us grabbed whatever we figured would keep us breathing. 😜

Let's hope I never end up posting on the guns & ammo forum, “this takes me back to when I panic bought all those peptides…” ….Hold on, what…?🤣
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Huh, so Eli Lilly apparently still has room to sink lower. Figured they'd already reached the absolute bottom. I suppose that's on me for giving them too little credit.
There is no limit to their greed.
 
CMA Pooky said:

Mr. Blonde said:

Huh, so Eli Lilly apparently still has room to sink lower. Figured they'd already reached the absolute bottom. I suppose that's on me for giving them too little credit.
There is no limit to their greed.
Particularly when the government is on their payroll.
 
Ideally, pharmaceutical manufacturers would continue earning substantial profits from GLP medications, making continued development worthwhile since that work is very costly. At the same time, grey versions would remain easy to get. For a while yet, legitimate GLP products probably won't be sold at affordable prices, with the possible exception of sema after its patent expires.

I'd really like to find out how many individuals are using compounded or grey GLP peptides versus the legitimate products, and whether that number is higher or lower. Judging by all the newspaper pieces lately, it seems plenty of people are on grey GLP's. Yet the drugmakers are still pulling in lots of money. Some grey GLP users certainly could pay for the legit ones, but many—probably the vast majority—cannot manage the current prices, so grey peptide use may not be eroding their market as much as they fear.

Yesterday I came across an article about lily turning down an australian deal that would have made tirzepatide a subsidised medicine for diabetics—something they had applied for 4 times—but clearly the government's offered price was too low. So subsidised access for obesity won't be happening here anytime soon. Ozempic is already subsidised, but only for people who are diabetic or obese and have already suffered a heart attack or stroke. That's rather late in the game.

Political pressure to cut prices exists in the US too, and some agreements have been reached, following recent reports about supplying them to older patients for $50.

Still, meaningful price drops won't occur until competition grows, particularly from chinese firms that I believe are more willing to trade profit margins for market share once their GLP's become more widely available.

Whether grey supplies continue really depends on china. I doubt they're much bothered by weak political pressure from the US, though they might be persuaded to clamp down as part of a bigger trade deal. Otherwise, my guess is nothing will change until it starts hurting domestic legit drugmakers. There's already 1 new chinese GLP on the market, and it caused sharp price cuts for tirz and sema in china, but once some of the others in the pipeline arrive, I suspect the grey market could take a hit. And the chinese government could certainly halt grey peptide production if it chose to. I'm not sure it could persist as a fully underground black market in china, since making GLP peptides requires quite technical production equipment, and china's enforcement tends to be harsh. As for western customs enforcement substantially blocking chinese peptides, I can't see it happening given the enormous quantities of packages flowing from china to everywhere else—there are simply too many to inspect.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Ideally, pharmaceutical manufacturers would continue earning substantial profits from GLP medications, making continued development worthwhile since that work is very costly. At the same time, grey versions would remain easy to get. For a while yet, legitimate GLP products probably won't be sold at affordable prices, with the possible exception of sema after its patent expires.

I'd really like to find out how many individuals are using compounded or grey GLP peptides versus the legitimate products, and whether that number is higher or lower. Judging by all the newspaper pieces lately, it seems plenty of people are on grey GLP's. Yet the drugmakers are still pulling in lots of money. Some grey GLP users certainly could pay for the legit ones, but many—probably the vast majority—cannot manage the current prices, so grey peptide use may not be eroding their market as much as they fear.

Yesterday I came across an article about lily turning down an australian deal that would have made tirzepatide a subsidised medicine for diabetics—something they had applied for 4 times—but clearly the government's offered price was too low. So subsidised access for obesity won't be happening here anytime soon. Ozempic is already subsidised, but only for people who are diabetic or obese and have already suffered a heart attack or stroke. That's rather late in the game.

Political pressure to cut prices exists in the US too, and some agreements have been reached, following recent reports about supplying them to older patients for $50.

Still, meaningful price drops won't occur until competition grows, particularly from chinese firms that I believe are more willing to trade profit margins for market share once their GLP's become more widely available.

Whether grey supplies continue really depends on china. I doubt they're much bothered by weak political pressure from the US, though they might be persuaded to clamp down as part of a bigger trade deal. Otherwise, my guess is nothing will change until it starts hurting domestic legit drugmakers. There's already 1 new chinese GLP on the market, and it caused sharp price cuts for tirz and sema in china, but once some of the others in the pipeline arrive, I suspect the grey market could take a hit. And the chinese government could certainly halt grey peptide production if it chose to. I'm not sure it could persist as a fully underground black market in china, since making GLP peptides requires quite technical production equipment, and china's enforcement tends to be harsh. As for western customs enforcement substantially blocking chinese peptides, I can't see it happening given the enormous quantities of packages flowing from china to everywhere else—there are simply too many to inspect.
Looking at it from where I sit, the grey market appears massive. The reality, though, is that a large share of people simply won't touch a drug that lacks FDA approval. Buying from Chinese suppliers makes them even more uneasy. Speaking for myself, I spent a whole month searching before I came across a supplier that didn't come across as too sketchy.

After Reta began producing results for me, I reached out to my son and to a friend I've known for many years, hoping they'd give it a shot. Neither one was willing to take an unapproved drug, and neither would take anything made in China. For as long as I've known this friend, his weight has only climbed. He has to be comfortably past 400 lbs. I told him I'd hand him a few vials for free and walk him through reconstituting and injecting the Reta. His answer was that he'd look into it himself and then get back to me. Not a single word has come my way since.

Even so, once I watched how strongly Ozempic was moving, I picked up Lilly shares, since I figured Lilly would be the one holding the next big thing. The amount of Lilly stock I bought was more than I felt at ease with. I only wish every investment I hold would perform the way Lilly has. 😁
 
BNLFL said:

CMA Pooky said:

Seeing this, I feel like stocking up on as many kits as my budget allows. Big pharma's greed knows no bounds.
I'm already doing it, and I won't stop. My trust in them isn't there. They're nearly as influential as oil giants—maybe even more so. Just look at that China kung fu nonsense. That's simply how I see it. Nothing here is going to waste.

Danger1212 said:

Stockpiling peptides brings back memories of the COVID era, when everyone rushed to grab ammo, primers, powder, and anything else that came to mind. 👊

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…
So, have you built up your supply yet?
Today I placed an order for 3 kits of R30. In about a month, I might pick up 1 or 2 more kits.
 
oh, are we doing a walk down memory lane about COVID stockpiling? turns out both of our bathrooms were ALREADY stocked with 30 rolls of tp, simply because adding it makes hitting the free delivery threshold at Walmart easy when you only need a thing or two, and each bathroom was already equipped with a bidet. what we DID hoard in a panic, though, was fifty pounds of organic white flour along with thirty pounds of sugar. honestly, I figure we just wanted the feeling of taking part.
 
Lilly isn't holding anything back. Between this lawsuit and pulling the golden dose out of the newer Mounjaro pens, they're clearly determined to extract as much money as possible from the people who buy from them. I'm really hoping this case doesn't succeed. Sure, I appreciate that they put time and money into developing these compounds, but what they're doing amounts to going after folks who probably never would have bought Lilly's own products anyway, if those other options weren't around.
 
Might overseas-sourced GLP-1s remain untouched by this? The legislation, as I understand it, would target pharmacies inside the US, and the worst-case scenario for imports would be tighter and more repeated customs confiscations. But surely America cannot dictate how GLP-1s are categorized worldwide? Is there a chance the FDA's ruling could sway regulators in other countries, for instance the EU's EMA?
 
Danger1212 said:

BNLFL said:

Danger1212 said:

BNLFL said:

CMA Pooky said:

Seeing this, I feel like stocking up on as many kits as my budget allows. Big pharma's greed knows no bounds.
I'm already doing it, and I won't stop. My trust in them isn't there. They're nearly as influential as oil giants—maybe even more so. Just look at that China kung fu nonsense. That's simply how I see it. Nothing here is going to waste.

Danger1212 said:

Stockpiling peptides brings back memories of the COVID era, when everyone rushed to grab ammo, primers, powder, and anything else that came to mind. 👊

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…
So, have you built up your supply yet?

Yep, I've done that, plus I've got a few GBs sitting on ice — one of which you had to keep quiet about thanks to my banner status 😀😃😁

No clue what I'll do with R140 on my own, though I've got 10 years to figure that out 😜
I'm fairly sure I've got my plan sorted, and I might mix up and go through a whole vial just for fun. I'm still a bit away from hitting my target, though I keep dropping it because of the fat around my midsection and flanks.
Come on, share what you're thinking!

I can already picture the post I'll be writing 1 month from now, once I've reconstituted my R140:

Need Help - RS on 14mg of Reta and Hungry
For anyone who placed that order, the current estimate being given is closer to 8-11 weeks.
 
Back
Top