joseblo said:
smartymarti said:
Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
There's no reason to flush anything out. Ideally you've got a COA (from Janoshik?) in hand, which tells you how to mix it so the dose matches what you were taking before. That said, 10 weeks is quite a stretch. Reta usually begins breaking down noticeably somewhere around 45-90 days. My own cutoff would be 7 weeks, and I wouldn't go far beyond it. Tirz holds up for a longer window still, though you should stick with Hospira, and steer clear of vials that look cloudy!
Run the numbers through a blood level calculator. And if the kit itself is different (not merely a new vial), consider "microdosing" at half =50% of your previous dose 3days later instead of waiting 7, just to confirm the effects feel comparable. If they do, then take the following dose 7 days after that one. Always keep track of your blood levels!