Changing Reta brands once a vial is done?

smartymarti

Explorer
Joined
May 27, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Durham uk
Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
 
As long as it's verified as Reta, Reta is Reta, so continuing should be fine. One thing worries me a bit: if you've been drawing from the same reconstituted vial for 10 weeks, don't do that—keep it to 4 weeks and discard whatever is left.
 
smartymarti said:

Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
Which brand it is doesn't matter—what's inside is all that counts.

You'd definitely want to skip any washout time, since keeping blood levels steady is the goal.

About that 10 weeks: I've gone 6-8 weeks per vial over a span of 8-9 months, and plenty of people stretch it further, some to 90 days. Just make sure the vial is cleaned before and after, and stored correctly, and you should be okay.

The 28 day figure gets cited a lot for clinical environments where many people pin from the same vial each day.

EDIT-

Tirz is what I run for that duration; I've come across Reta charts indicating breakdown starts sooner, though I think that's only a potency issue.
 
No break needed. Mix up a fresh one and keep going. Once Reta has been reconstituted, 10 weeks is really stretching it. Switching between brands is something I do routinely. Most recently I was using J5, then on Thursday I mixed two BFF R60 vials, and this morning I took my first 9mg injections. My wife uses it as well, which is why there were two vials.
 
smartymarti said:

Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
There's no reason to flush anything out. Ideally you've got a COA (from Janoshik?) in hand, which tells you how to mix it so the dose matches what you were taking before. That said, 10 weeks is quite a stretch. Reta usually begins breaking down noticeably somewhere around 45-90 days. My own cutoff would be 7 weeks, and I wouldn't go far beyond it. Tirz holds up for a longer window still, though you should stick with Hospira, and steer clear of vials that look cloudy!

Run the numbers through a blood level calculator. And if the kit itself is different (not merely a new vial), consider "microdosing" at half =50% of your previous dose 3days later instead of waiting 7, just to confirm the effects feel comparable. If they do, then take the following dose 7 days after that one. Always keep track of your blood levels!
 
joseblo said:

smartymarti said:

Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
There's no reason to flush anything out. Ideally you've got a COA (from Janoshik?) in hand, which tells you how to mix it so the dose matches what you were taking before. That said, 10 weeks is quite a stretch. Reta usually begins breaking down noticeably somewhere around 45-90 days. My own cutoff would be 7 weeks, and I wouldn't go far beyond it. Tirz holds up for a longer window still, though you should stick with Hospira, and steer clear of vials that look cloudy!

Run the numbers through a blood level calculator. And if the kit itself is different (not merely a new vial), consider "microdosing" at half =50% of your previous dose 3days later instead of waiting 7, just to confirm the effects feel comparable. If they do, then take the following dose 7 days after that one. Always keep track of your blood levels!
Could you explain that to me? I honestly don't know what it refers to.
 
When the idea of moving between "brands" makes you uneasy, one option is to inject a low dose first, wait 24 hours to gauge your reaction, and then administer the remainder. That’s my own routine.
 
BNLFL said:

joseblo said:

smartymarti said:

Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
There's no reason to flush anything out. Ideally you've got a COA (from Janoshik?) in hand, which tells you how to mix it so the dose matches what you were taking before. That said, 10 weeks is quite a stretch. Reta usually begins breaking down noticeably somewhere around 45-90 days. My own cutoff would be 7 weeks, and I wouldn't go far beyond it. Tirz holds up for a longer window still, though you should stick with Hospira, and steer clear of vials that look cloudy!

Run the numbers through a blood level calculator. And if the kit itself is different (not merely a new vial), consider "microdosing" at half =50% of your previous dose 3days later instead of waiting 7, just to confirm the effects feel comparable. If they do, then take the following dose 7 days after that one. Always keep track of your blood levels!
Could you explain that to me? I honestly don't know what it refers to.
From what I can tell, the GLP plotter is what he means — it displays the level according to the dose.

The link is in my signature
 
smartymarti said:

Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
Just carry on injecting.
 
Finished 2 pens from the same manufacturer, and I’ve now moved to vials sourced from highly trusted sellers on this forum. From here on I’ll just keep pinning like usual — thanks everyone
 
Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

joseblo said:

smartymarti said:

Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
There's no reason to flush anything out. Ideally you've got a COA (from Janoshik?) in hand, which tells you how to mix it so the dose matches what you were taking before. That said, 10 weeks is quite a stretch. Reta usually begins breaking down noticeably somewhere around 45-90 days. My own cutoff would be 7 weeks, and I wouldn't go far beyond it. Tirz holds up for a longer window still, though you should stick with Hospira, and steer clear of vials that look cloudy!

Run the numbers through a blood level calculator. And if the kit itself is different (not merely a new vial), consider "microdosing" at half =50% of your previous dose 3days later instead of waiting 7, just to confirm the effects feel comparable. If they do, then take the following dose 7 days after that one. Always keep track of your blood levels!
Could you explain that to me? I honestly don't know what it refers to.
From what I can tell, the GLP plotter is what he means — it displays the level according to the dose.

The link is in my signature
Got it, thanks. I'll keep using my plain spreadsheet.
 
BNLFL said:

Skidude said:

BNLFL said:

joseblo said:

smartymarti said:

Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
There's no reason to flush anything out. Ideally you've got a COA (from Janoshik?) in hand, which tells you how to mix it so the dose matches what you were taking before. That said, 10 weeks is quite a stretch. Reta usually begins breaking down noticeably somewhere around 45-90 days. My own cutoff would be 7 weeks, and I wouldn't go far beyond it. Tirz holds up for a longer window still, though you should stick with Hospira, and steer clear of vials that look cloudy!

Run the numbers through a blood level calculator. And if the kit itself is different (not merely a new vial), consider "microdosing" at half =50% of your previous dose 3days later instead of waiting 7, just to confirm the effects feel comparable. If they do, then take the following dose 7 days after that one. Always keep track of your blood levels!
Could you explain that to me? I honestly don't know what it refers to.
From what I can tell, the GLP plotter is what he means — it displays the level according to the dose.

The link is in my signature
Got it, thanks. I'll keep using my plain spreadsheet.
A spreadsheet is a solid approach — that's exactly what I rely on. Still, plenty of people either don't keep one or aren't keen on climbing the learning curve. What matters most is grasping the mechanics behind a dose increase or a schedule shift. The peak matters (that's when side effects kick in) and so does the trough (that's when food noise returns). What graphs can't capture, naturally, is how delayed the "feelz" are. For me, Tirz takes close to 48hr before I notice anything, and Reta's side effects needed about 72hr to hit their high point!
 
BrightCandle said:

As long as it's verified as Reta, Reta is Reta, so continuing should be fine. One thing worries me a bit: if you've been drawing from the same reconstituted vial for 10 weeks, don't do that—keep it to 4 weeks and discard whatever is left.
Quit pushing that garbage.
 
BrightCandle said:

As long as it's verified as Reta, Reta is Reta, so continuing should be fine. One thing worries me a bit: if you've been drawing from the same reconstituted vial for 10 weeks, don't do that—keep it to 4 weeks and discard whatever is left.
Hold on—4 weeks? No way. I stretch it to 8 weeks, and if necessary I'll push it to 10. With the way I mix it up, hitting 10 weeks usually isn't necessary.
 
BNLFL said:

No break needed. Mix up a fresh one and keep going. Once Reta has been reconstituted, 10 weeks is really stretching it. Switching between brands is something I do routinely. Most recently I was using J5, then on Thursday I mixed two BFF R60 vials, and this morning I took my first 9mg injections. My wife uses it as well, which is why there were two vials.
You've mentioned before that, for you, brands can vary somewhat in effect even when purity is the same. I'd like to hear what you think about the BFF Reta. My wife and I made the switch to BFF just over a week back, and yesterday we chose to tweak our dose slightly.

My guess is that the earlier vial might have lost some potency across the 9 weeks we used it, with 2 injections each week.
 
BrightCandle said:

As long as it's verified as Reta, Reta is Reta, so continuing should be fine. One thing worries me a bit: if you've been drawing from the same reconstituted vial for 10 weeks, don't do that—keep it to 4 weeks and discard whatever is left.
Using a single reconstituted vial across a 10-week span doesn't strike me as problematic at all. My own first reta vial was handled precisely that way: 10 mg total, injected at 1 mg per week for 10 consecutive weeks. Week after week, I couldn't detect any drop-off in how the reta performed. Across every one of those weeks, the potency stayed identical. We tend to underestimate how resilient these peptides actually are.
 
smartymarti said:

Likely a beginner question, but I can’t locate the answer anywhere. I’ve done 10 weeks on 1 brand of Reta, and now that it’s finished I’m about to begin again, except this time it’s a different brand, same mg ml and so on. Is it fine to do that, or is a wash out period necessary?
I’m at 8mg, so I had to take 5 from the previous vial plus 3 from the fresh one. That meant two separate injections. It’s something that does occur.
 
Crowreap said:

BrightCandle said:

As long as it's verified as Reta, Reta is Reta, so continuing should be fine. One thing worries me a bit: if you've been drawing from the same reconstituted vial for 10 weeks, don't do that—keep it to 4 weeks and discard whatever is left.
Using a single reconstituted vial across a 10-week span doesn't strike me as problematic at all. My own first reta vial was handled precisely that way: 10 mg total, injected at 1 mg per week for 10 consecutive weeks. Week after week, I couldn't detect any drop-off in how the reta performed. Across every one of those weeks, the potency stayed identical. We tend to underestimate how resilient these peptides actually are.
After looking at quite a few studies on degradation in the fridge (not the freezer), covering periods of up to 60 and 90 days, the outcome really hinges on which batch or source of Reta you have. With Tirz, losses are seldom greater than a few percent, but Reta may lose 10% by day 60... that said, certain batches drop only a few %. In the same way, purity might remain at 99% or fall all the way to 90% over that same span. YMMV!
 
Bioexplorer said:

BNLFL said:

No break needed. Mix up a fresh one and keep going. Once Reta has been reconstituted, 10 weeks is really stretching it. Switching between brands is something I do routinely. Most recently I was using J5, then on Thursday I mixed two BFF R60 vials, and this morning I took my first 9mg injections. My wife uses it as well, which is why there were two vials.
You've mentioned before that, for you, brands can vary somewhat in effect even when purity is the same. I'd like to hear what you think about the BFF Reta. My wife and I made the switch to BFF just over a week back, and yesterday we chose to tweak our dose slightly.

My guess is that the earlier vial might have lost some potency across the 9 weeks we used it, with 2 injections each week.
You are 100% on the money. Describing the MLB Reta is tricky, though "hits hard" is the closest I can get. The way it fills you up, kills appetite, all of that. A bit like that very first 2mg shot. Given the BFF stock I am sitting on, two R60 vials went into 3ml BAC. 9mg each for me and the wife. That is up from 5 weeks at 8mg on the MLB R50. Today I am not feeling a lot from it. I put that down to the 1mg step up. Every single time I add 1mg, nothing happens. Twice already: 4 to 5, and 6 to 7. Next week I will try once more, then most likely move to 10mg. A lot of people here who I chat with regularly tell me it is the best. One of them reckons BFF Reta is the only Reta he will ever buy.
 
Back
Top