woundcarping
Explorer
5byfive said:
You can disagree with any or all of that, and he may have phrased it poorly, but to say that an option that you disagree with is ridiculous is conceited and unhelpful.
Click to expand...
So let me get this straight: labeling a point "ridiculous" counts as arrogant and useless, yet 24 hours earlier it was fine to describe arguments as "half-baked," "crack-pot," "tinfoil hat," and "battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
5byfive said:
I guarentee I understand money and monetary policy better than you do (I even have a fancy graduate degree to back that up). You don't win an argument with condescension and half-
baked, crack-pot arguments. Not that you have even made an argument. You have just decreed what everyone must do from under your tinfoil hat.
Anyway, that's enough of this. Its the old 'battle of wits with an unarmed opponent' and I'm already bored.
Click to expand...
Yet when I flag cheaperseeker for giving this "half-baked, crack-pot" guidance:
cheaperseeker said:
Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.
cheaperseeker said:
Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.
I'm somehow failing the original poster by saying it makes no sense to push the peptide with the lower proven average weight-loss result when the person explicitly wants maximum weight loss. And it's even less helpful because that guidance comes from someone with zero relevant experience.
At the same time, what I actually told the original poster was:
woundcarping said:
cheaperseeker said:
Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.
“If weight loss is your main goal,” you're telling people to pick something that clinical evidence shows is far less effective for shedding pounds.
That advice makes no sense.
iwillloseweight said:
I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas
Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit
I don't know your situation or your target, but a month at 2mg… if dropping weight is what you're after and you want direction, maybe just stick to the dosing protocols from the clinical trials.
That's precise, useful, correct, and to the point... Having used both and stacked Tirz with Reta, I'm speaking from knowledge plus real-world experience.
Then you list a series of reasons Tirz might beat Reta, but you never counter the fact that Reta's clinical data shows it outperforms Tirz on the specific endpoint of average weight loss. There are confounding and mitigating factors that could shift which path is genuinely "best," but I already covered that gap when I said I didn't know where the original poster stood or where they were headed.
5byfive said:
That is totally broscience. We do not know that at all. 1st of all Tirz does not attack mucsle. There is absolutely nothing to suggest in any way that it does. We have no idea when you control for weight loss that Reta is any better. The information does not exist. We do know that more rapid weight loss tends to cause more muscle loss. We have no scientific reason to believe that this will not remain true.
Click to expand...
You keep up your generous tone with this remark, and I don't specifically object to anything you wrote here. The funny part is that in your earlier post you stated, "If you're concerned about maintaining muscle mass, Reta may not be the best option." and "We don't know for sure, but some of the other benefits of GLPs, like reducing inflammation, may be better with Tirz." which as far as I know appear in no study directly comparing Reta with Tirz... they're your own brand of "bro science."
You also bring up appetite suppression and food noise, which I don't think were trial endpoints, unlike weight loss... while that's reasonable, it doesn't overturn the clinical finding that people on 12mg of Reta for a comparable period lost roughly ~35% more weight on average than those on 15mg of Tirz.