Can Overeating Cancel Out Reta's Effects?

iwillloseweight

Explorer
Joined
May 23, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
New York, NY
I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit
 
People always start by asking whether the scale is moving.

They also point out that reta isn't a miracle solution. You still need to track calories and macros, and you have to exercise.
 
Yes, without a doubt.

Get the loseit app and install it. Choose sedentary as your activity level. Skip adding back any calories you burn through exercise.
 
At 2mg, that's a pretty small amount. My advice would be to continue increasing it. The real change only became apparent for me once I reached 5-6mgs.
 
That headline in the teaser got me thinking about a lot of things.





2f3fd3296aad3a518ba5ea62384d13da6513105f15208be44ad02933311e687d.gif
 
Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.
 
cheaperseeker said:

Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.
I just placed an order for Tirz, as a matter of fact! When stacking, what dosage would you suggest?
 
I combine them, and if I had to drop one, Tirz would be the one I keep. To me, Reta works like a mid-dose boost. If I were only using Tirz, I'd split it into two smaller injections each week rather than one bigger dose. My schedule is 7.5 of Tirz on Friday and 3 of Reta on Tuesday.
 
Do you count your calories? Have your eating patterns shifted at all? Are you getting more activity? Is there a plan in place for a slow titration upward?
 
iwillloseweight said:

cheaperseeker said:

Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.
I just placed an order for Tirz, as a matter of fact! When stacking, what dosage would you suggest?
Since I haven't tried this personally, I'm not able to give you much information on how to dose it.
 
Appetite suppression didn't kick in for me until I reached roughly 5-6mg/week. On top of that, right when I began, I dealt with strong sugar cravings—something that seems to be a typical experience.
 
What does your titration schedule look like? Are you dropping pounds?

Since 2mg is on the lower end, if you aren't seeing much of a response—especially after 1 month—have you thought about moving up to the next dose?
 
cheaperseeker said:

Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.

“If weight loss is your main goal,” you're telling people to pick something that clinical evidence shows is far less effective for shedding pounds.

That advice makes no sense.

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

I don't know your situation or your target, but a month at 2mg… if dropping weight is what you're after and you want direction, maybe just stick to the dosing protocols from the clinical trials.
 
iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

For me, retatrutide's appetite suppression was overwhelming—like getting slammed by a freight train—even at 2mg, though it didn't last long. About 2 weeks in, I bumped it to 4mg, and these days I barely feel any hunger again.

My advice: don't hesitate to increase the dose.
 
iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit
Your journey has barely begun.

To start with, responses vary widely—certain people do fine on smaller amounts while others require higher ones.

Treating GLP1 as a crutch instead of a wheelchair is definitely to your advantage; that guidance holds up

ladyj779 said:

Yes, without a doubt.

Get the loseit app and install it. Choose sedentary as your activity level. Skip adding back any calories you burn through exercise.

To reach the results you're after, you probably need a higher amount—if 2mg has been your dose, maybe now is the moment to titrate up. Your starting point was standard: check this https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/retatrutide

woundcarping said:

cheaperseeker said:

Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.

“If weight loss is your main goal,” you're telling people to pick something that clinical evidence shows is far less effective for shedding pounds.

That advice makes no sense.

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

I don't know your situation or your target, but a month at 2mg… if dropping weight is what you're after and you want direction, maybe just stick to the dosing protocols from the clinical trials.
 
woundcarping said:

cheaperseeker said:

Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.

“If weight loss is your main goal,” you're telling people to pick something that clinical evidence shows is far less effective for shedding pounds.

That advice makes no sense.

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

I don't know your situation or your target, but a month at 2mg… if dropping weight is what you're after and you want direction, maybe just stick to the dosing protocols from the clinical trials.
Tirz has plenty of arguments in its favor over Reta, and my own view is that it's probably the better pick for most people.

Reta puts a lot of strain on the body, and it doesn't suppress appetite anywhere near as well. If your RHR runs high or your BP is high, Reta likely isn't the right choice. If food noise is a struggle for you, Reta likely isn't the right choice. If holding onto muscle matters to you, Reta may not be the right choice. It isn't certain, but certain other GLP benefits, such as lowering inflammation, might be stronger with Tirz (there aee mechanistic reasons for thinking so).

My suggestion would be that everyone begin with Tirz and switch to Reta only when progress stalls. Given both the added stress on the body and the danger of losing muscle with fast weight loss, I see it as the better starting point for most.

You're free to reject some or all of that, and maybe he put it badly, but calling an option you don't agree with ridiculous is arrogant and doesn't help anyone.
 
iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

Is the plan to begin at 2mg weekly? And food noise is still present?
 
Opinions on reta vary so wildly that figuring out the right move feels impossible.

Looking back, I wish I had followed the advice from the "go slow, wait 4 weeks to saturate" group. My first dose was 1mg, and by the following morning I noticed something. After roughly a week I bumped it to 2mg, and on days 4-5 post-injection my hunger was actually stronger than it had been before. At 3mg every 5 days, things were going well.

But then I read that reta only "really kicks in" at 4mg, so I felt compelled to increase even though my current dose was already doing the job. The first week at 4mg left me feeling down, nearly depressed, with zero motivation. Getting to the gym was a struggle, and I went an entire day without eating. It was simply awful. Two weeks into 4mg now, though, and I feel great! Food cravings are gone, yet I can still eat what I need. I just have to rely on alarms so I don't end up at 1000 calories for a day 💩🤣

The two worst parts at the moment: I'm incredibly weak in the gym because I'm still not eating enough to fuel performance, which is slowing my weight loss and likely costing me muscle mass. The other issue is bathroom-related.. I used to be very regular, but now I never know when I'll need to go, and when I do, it's immediate lol.
 
Back
Top