Can Overeating Cancel Out Reta's Effects?

The harder I train, the more I seem to get ahead of the reta. After roughly 40 miles on a bike, I'm telling you, by the time I finished I could have wiped out Golden Corral. Oddly enough, though, that feeling doesn't last and it typically faded once I had a little snack. Honestly, I sort of prefer it that way. Never feeling hungry at all would mess with someone's head, wouldn't it? Just my 2c
 
5byfive said:


There are many reasons to consider Tirz over Reta and, personally, i think it is likely better for the majority of people.

Reta is very hard on the system and the appetite suppression is not nearly as good. If you have a high RHR or high BP, Reta probably isn't the best option. If you struggle with food noise, Reta probably isn't the best option. If you're concerned about maintaining muscle mass, Reta may not be the best option. We don't know for sure, but some of the other benefits of GLPs, like reducing inflammation, may be better with Tirz (there aee mechanistic reasons for thinking so).

I would recommend that anyone start with Tirz and only move to Reta if they are not making progress. I think between the increased stress on the system and the risk of muscle loss with rapid weight loss, it is the better starting option for most.

You can disagree with any or all of that, and he may have phrased it poorly, but to say that an option that you disagree with is ridiculous is conceited and unhelpful.

Click to expand...
A key advantage reta has over other GLP1s — and the reason a lot of lifters and gym regulars pick reta instead of the alternatives — is that it doesn't break down muscle the way Tirz and Sema do, so I'm not sure where that claim came from.

RR spent a month at 1mg per week

Then went to 1mg twice weekly for a few weeks before stepping up to 2mg

Lost roughly 20pds over about 2months. That pace is probably quicker than most people would recommend, but Reta genuinely makes it easier for me to eat better. My diet was awful and I knew it before I started. It pushed me toward better food — you fill up sooner and the fullness sticks around. People say it isn't a miracle drug, yet it's worked pretty well even at low doses. A friend of mine dropped 40pds on a 2mg dose

The only negative I've hit so far is that the last couple of nights I've struggled to fall asleep. Once I'm out between 1-3am I can stay asleep until 7am with no problem
 
Powerslide said:


One of the main benefits of reta over the other GLP1's and why you see so many body builders or gym goers on reta over the other options is it doesn't attack the muscle like the Tirz and Sema so not sure where you got that info.

Click to expand...
That is pure broscience, plain and simple. There is no basis for that claim whatsoever. For starters, Tirz does not attack muscle — not in any way, shape, or form, and nothing out there even hints at it. Once you account for weight loss, we have zero clue whether Reta comes out ahead. That data simply does not exist. What we do know is that faster weight loss generally means more muscle loss. And there is no scientific basis to think that pattern would change.
 
Give it time...

Week 1 through 4, I was on 1mg/week

After that, 2mg a week for another four weeks

Then I went up to 2mg taken twice a week.

That was the turning point for me!

My first month only brought 2lbs, the second month 6lbs, but month 3 gave me 10lbs. Four months in and I'm down 25lbs total.

That pace isn't too quick, and it isn't too sluggish either.

Wishing you the best!
 
iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit
During my first few weeks, I clearly felt hungrier, yet I was losing weight and my food noise was quieter. My approach was to begin at a low dose and increase it step by step.

These days, my appetite is smaller, and I no longer spend the whole day fixated on eating or craving food — what a relief! At present I'm experimenting with 1.5mg taken 3 times per week. I'm just a couple of kilos away from my target weight range, and once I reach it I'll likely reduce the dose somewhat. That said, every now and then I still get hunger surges, and they tend to line up with a dip on the scale.

Earlier on, I also suspect I had 2 vials that were duds — or could the BAC water have been the problem? The feed me gremlins returned loudly and strongly, and my weight loss flatlined until I switched to a good fresh vial. So maybe how often you think about food says more about whether a vial is working than genuine physical hunger does?
 
woundcarping said:

cheaperseeker said:

Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.

“If weight loss is your main goal,” you're telling people to pick something that clinical evidence shows is far less effective for shedding pounds.

That advice makes no sense.

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

I don't know your situation or your target, but a month at 2mg… if dropping weight is what you're after and you want direction, maybe just stick to the dosing protocols from the clinical trials.

Of course you're free to hold a different view, but talking down to me and being insulting isn't required.
 
5byfive said:


That is totally broscience. We do not know that at all. 1st of all Tirz does not attack mucsle. There is absolutely nothing to suggest in any way that it does. We have no idea when you control for weight loss that Reta is any better. The information does not exist. We do know that more rapid weight loss tends to cause more muscle loss. We have no scientific reason to believe that this will not remain true.

Click to expand...
A doctor I follow who focuses on metabolic disorders and GLPs explained that most muscle loss happens because the body no longer has the 24/7 workout of hauling around extra weight. Often that was hundreds of pounds carried all day, every day. When that amount goes down, the muscle that was needed to carry it goes down too.
 
iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit
A starting dose won't work for everybody. If 2mg already gives you big results, you'd be what's called a super responder. If that same dose does little for you, the only real takeaway is that low doses probably aren't your sweet spot. So the clear next step is to go up. I don't know your target amount of weight to lose — that doesn't change much here — but when someone is dealing with severe obesity, giving the medication a proper trial matters even more.

How people react to these drugs varies a lot. At 2mg, one person may feel sick, throw up, and lose their appetite dramatically, while someone else notices nothing.

Since you're reporting only minimal effects and side effects at 2mg, moving to 4mg probably won't trigger serious side effects. That's what I'd recommend, and it's also the standard approach. You can't really draw any conclusions about how well this will work for you until you've reached much higher doses. Reta is currently the most effective weight loss drug available, so I'd keep raising the dose until you hit 12mg before concluding it doesn't work for you — and that outcome is quite unlikely. Adding tirz or switching over right now seems like a waste of effort. You began with reta, so give it a fair shot at a fair dose. Almost certainly, as you go up in dose, your appetite will drop along with your weight. Tirz becomes the better pick if you run into side effects specific to reta. But even though people often claim reta doesn't quiet food noise or cut appetite as much, it's actually very good at both and quite close to tirz. If it didn't suppress appetite effectively, it wouldn't produce weight loss — and it does, more than tirz.
 
woundcarping said:

cheaperseeker said:

Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.

“If weight loss is your main goal,” you're telling people to pick something that clinical evidence shows is far less effective for shedding pounds.

That advice makes no sense.

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

I don't know your situation or your target, but a month at 2mg… if dropping weight is what you're after and you want direction, maybe just stick to the dosing protocols from the clinical trials.
This is where I'll wrap up my participation in this thread, since I've already made my point. Personally, anything above 2mg makes it impossible for me to consume solid food. As I remember it, the clinical trials escalated dosing as high as 12mg. Because of the half-life, a slow titration is wise (roughly 3-3.5 weeks before a larger dose is fully felt), and that's how the trials proceeded. What I've noticed is that body type plays a major role in how much is needed for an effective dose. At a higher dose, your experience will probably be quite different, and some people claim that's when the additional hormone receptors Reta targets start to respond in an obvious way (though I'm not fully convinced of that).
 
song writer said:

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

Is the plan to begin at 2mg weekly? And food noise is still present?
Because side effects worried me, my starting dose was tiny. I stayed at 1 mg for the first 2 weeks, then moved up to 2 mg when week 3 began.
 
When it comes to side effects, my perspective is that mild ones at a given dose almost always get worse when you go higher, so it’s wise to increase slowly or hold off. On the other hand, if a dose gives you no effects or side effects, then future increases are less likely to cause problems. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but there’s no reason to avoid the standard 2,4,6,9,12mg schedule with increases every 4 weeks. If you’re worried, going up by 1mg every 2 weeks is essentially the same and a bit safer.
 
lessthanhalf said:

When it comes to side effects, my perspective is that mild ones at a given dose almost always get worse when you go higher, so it’s wise to increase slowly or hold off. On the other hand, if a dose gives you no effects or side effects, then future increases are less likely to cause problems. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but there’s no reason to avoid the standard 2,4,6,9,12mg schedule with increases every 4 weeks. If you’re worried, going up by 1mg every 2 weeks is essentially the same and a bit safer.
Glad to see you again 👍
 
QueenMuntha said:

That headline in the teaser got me thinking about a lot of things.





View attachment 10469
Honestly, the only reason I opened this thread was because my intrusive thoughts got the better of me...
 

Attachments

  • 2f3fd3296aad3a518ba5ea62384d13da6513105f15208be44ad02933311e687d.gif
    2f3fd3296aad3a518ba5ea62384d13da6513105f15208be44ad02933311e687d.gif
    410.2 KB · Views: 4
Rosco P. Coltrane said:

At 2mg, that's a pretty small amount. My advice would be to continue increasing it. The real change only became apparent for me once I reached 5-6mgs.
that's basically an amount meant for females and kids.
 
Chili777 said:

lessthanhalf said:

When it comes to side effects, my perspective is that mild ones at a given dose almost always get worse when you go higher, so it’s wise to increase slowly or hold off. On the other hand, if a dose gives you no effects or side effects, then future increases are less likely to cause problems. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but there’s no reason to avoid the standard 2,4,6,9,12mg schedule with increases every 4 weeks. If you’re worried, going up by 1mg every 2 weeks is essentially the same and a bit safer.
Glad to see you again 👍
mufucka!!! glad you're back at under 50%, is Miss gizmo still MIA? I haven't looked
 
iwillloseweight said:

song writer said:

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

Is the plan to begin at 2mg weekly? And food noise is still present?
Because side effects worried me, my starting dose was tiny. I stayed at 1 mg for the first 2 weeks, then moved up to 2 mg when week 3 began.
From what I understand, the optimal dose is the smallest one that gets results. I believe the trials began at 2mg. I'm not certain about reta, though. With Trizepatide, .5 felt like a lot.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

Chili777 said:

lessthanhalf said:

When it comes to side effects, my perspective is that mild ones at a given dose almost always get worse when you go higher, so it’s wise to increase slowly or hold off. On the other hand, if a dose gives you no effects or side effects, then future increases are less likely to cause problems. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but there’s no reason to avoid the standard 2,4,6,9,12mg schedule with increases every 4 weeks. If you’re worried, going up by 1mg every 2 weeks is essentially the same and a bit safer.
Glad to see you again 👍
mufucka!!! glad you're back at under 50%, is Miss gizmo still MIA? I haven't looked
Was she also removed?

song writer said:

iwillloseweight said:

song writer said:

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

Is the plan to begin at 2mg weekly? And food noise is still present?
Because side effects worried me, my starting dose was tiny. I stayed at 1 mg for the first 2 weeks, then moved up to 2 mg when week 3 began.
From what I understand, the optimal dose is the smallest one that gets results. I believe the trials began at 2mg. I'm not certain about reta, though. With Trizepatide, .5 felt like a lot.
From everything I've reviewed, Lilly recommends 2mg as the starting dose across all the trials.
 
BNLFL said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

Chili777 said:

lessthanhalf said:

When it comes to side effects, my perspective is that mild ones at a given dose almost always get worse when you go higher, so it’s wise to increase slowly or hold off. On the other hand, if a dose gives you no effects or side effects, then future increases are less likely to cause problems. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but there’s no reason to avoid the standard 2,4,6,9,12mg schedule with increases every 4 weeks. If you’re worried, going up by 1mg every 2 weeks is essentially the same and a bit safer.
Glad to see you again 👍
mufucka!!! glad you're back at under 50%, is Miss gizmo still MIA? I haven't looked
Was she also removed?

song writer said:

iwillloseweight said:

song writer said:

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

Is the plan to begin at 2mg weekly? And food noise is still present?
Because side effects worried me, my starting dose was tiny. I stayed at 1 mg for the first 2 weeks, then moved up to 2 mg when week 3 began.
From what I understand, the optimal dose is the smallest one that gets results. I believe the trials began at 2mg. I'm not certain about reta, though. With Trizepatide, .5 felt like a lot.
From everything I've reviewed, Lilly recommends 2mg as the starting dose across all the trials.
she vanished around the same period she was in that political chat.

She likely assumed she'd been banned for a long stretch, same as Lessthan. In reality they hadn't been, but that's what he believed!
 
iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

woundcarping said:

cheaperseeker said:

Retatrutide isn't exactly famous for killing hunger. If dropping pounds is your priority, tirzepatide could be a better pick — or perhaps combining both compounds.

“If weight loss is your main goal,” you're telling people to pick something that clinical evidence shows is far less effective for shedding pounds.

That advice makes no sense.

iwillloseweight said:

I've spent a month on Reta, currently at 2mg, and I doubt the kit I've got is a poor one. My intake has gone down, yet I know I could make better food choices, and emotional eating is a genuine issue. The food noise has been intense, particularly over the past 2 weeks. Beyond roughly 72 hrs, appetite suppression isn't very powerful. Is it possible I'm simply not experiencing results because I'm eating past the medication? Another post I saw mentioned that strong suppression might not kick in until 4mg? I don't know, I'm open to ideas 😭

Edit: In my opinion, I have a fairly trustworthy R10 kit

I don't know your situation or your target, but a month at 2mg… if dropping weight is what you're after and you want direction, maybe just stick to the dosing protocols from the clinical trials.
Your tone has been covered by others, so I’ll leave it there. There’s no rush—feel free to read:

eabf821eb038dfda381389fe951e66a73f92a7193b2ac69c5b5bd12254024229.webp
 
5byfive said:


There are many reasons to consider Tirz over Reta and, personally, i think it is likely better for the majority of people.

Reta is very hard on the system and the appetite suppression is not nearly as good. If you have a high RHR or high BP, Reta probably isn't the best option. If you struggle with food noise, Reta probably isn't the best option. If you're concerned about maintaining muscle mass, Reta may not be the best option. We don't know for sure, but some of the other benefits of GLPs, like reducing inflammation, may be better with Tirz (there aee mechanistic reasons for thinking so).

I would recommend that anyone start with Tirz and only move to Reta if they are not making progress. I think between the increased stress on the system and the risk of muscle loss with rapid weight loss, it is the better starting option for most.

You can disagree with any or all of that, and he may have phrased it poorly, but to say that an option that you disagree with is ridiculous is conceited and unhelpful.

Click to expand...
My sibling takes a combination of Tirz and Reta, and when I asked her what her resting heart rate had climbed to, she had no idea. At her heaviest she weighed close to 370, and she's now at 260, so there's been a big drop—but the fact that she never tracked a starting point to gauge what the drug was doing really surprises me...

She also figured out the hard way that going very low carb while on Reta isn't really workable. She kept having hypoglycemic episodes, complete with headaches and everything...
 
Back
Top