I've been on compounded tirzepatide for 4 months now, and the results have been mostly positive. I figured it was worth putting together a full write-up, and I'm also trying to figure out where to go from here — whether to stack something on top or just keep things as they are. Any feedback would be welcome. I'll keep updating this thread as things move along.
ABOUT ME: Male in my early 40s, active, but I've dealt with back and foot injuries, high cholesterol, and yeah, being fat. I'm 6 feet tall and have cycled between peak weights around 270 and adult lows of 210-220 more than once. Over the past year or so I've been hitting the weights much harder, put on muscle, and stayed injury-free with decent orthopedic health, but my appetite went up and keeping weight in check got harder. When I saw 265 again around January, I committed to starting tirz. My aim is steady fat loss while holding onto as much muscle as possible.
Below is a quick rundown of my numbers so far, then some thoughts and possible directions.
I usually weigh myself and inject first thing Saturday morning.
Week 1: 2.5 mg / 263.0 lbs
Week 2: 2.5 mg / 257.9 lbs
Week 3: 2.5 mg / 258.6 lbs
Week 4: 2.5 mg / 255.7 lbs
Week 5: 2.5 mg / 254.0 lbs
Week 6: 3.3 mg / 253.4 lbs
Week 7: 3.3 mg / 253.5 lbs
Week 8: 5.0 mg / 252.4 lbs
Week 9: 5.0 mg / 247.0 lbs
Week 10: 5.0 mg / 245.7 lbs
Week 11: 5.0 mg / 245.5 lbs
Week 12: 5.0 mg / 245.4 lbs
Week 13: 7.5 mg / 246.6 lbs
Week 14: 10 mg (split dose) / 243.5 lbs
Week 15: 7.5 mg / 241.0 lbs
Week 16: 7.5 mg / 239.5 lbs
Week 17: 7.5 mg / 235.1 lbs
Week 18: 7.5 mg / 234.2 lbs
Dosing Notes: My plan was to titrate slowly, both to keep costs down and to make it sustainable. I also didn't want to drop weight so fast that I ended up with loose skin or heavy muscle loss. This is just my experience, but smaller steps (like 2.5 to 3.3 mg) didn't seem to bring appetite suppression back, so I dropped that approach and instead moved between the standard doses at the slowest pace that still worked. During a short supply gap in week 14 I tried split dosing on the fly, but it felt about the same — no extra suppression compared to the once-weekly 7.5 mg — so I reverted. I think I'm ready to either go to 10 mg or possibly add 1 mg reta.
Side Effects: My first dose gave me a nasty headache and I felt off for about a day, but after that it's been mostly smooth. I still love food, and tirz doesn't kill my interest in eating or make me want to stop altogether — it just cuts cravings between meals and helps me stop sooner. I still catch myself grabbing snacks around the office, which I think is mostly habit — I snack far less when I'm not at work. I can overeat if I choose to, but indigestion kicks in quickly, so the tirz usually stops me. A few times though, especially later in the week before my next pin, I've still overdone it, particularly with dessert.
Other substance interactions: I haven't seen much talk about this. Tirz seems to raise my alcohol tolerance, probably from slower absorption, and it doesn't seem to make hangovers or recovery worse, so that's a plus. That said, I only drink now and then (1-3 times a month) and rarely heavily (no more than 5-6 drinks, often just 1 or 2). I often take low-dose edibles at night to relax or sleep, and I've read that might dull appetite suppression somewhat, but it's been fine for me so far. I'm beginning to look into peptides for sleep and mood too.
Sourcing: I'm not asking for sources here, but I hope it's fine to mention that I originally got my tirz from a US compounding pharmacy through a local doctor (very expensive), and to cut costs I recently moved to a US-based reseller, which has worked out fine so far. I might go more direct later, but I'm wary of the crypto side of things, and for now the US reseller markup isn't bad enough to outweigh the convenience.
Next Steps:
My target is around 220, maybe 210 if that seems doable once I'm closer. At that point I'll shift to maintenance and recomp. I'm considering a few paths:
1. Stay on plain tirz and bump to 10 mg
2. Add a low dose of reta rather than raising tirz, and see what happens
3. Go to 10 mg tirz and add tesamorelin for recomp / muscle preservation
The heart rate concerns with reta make me a bit cautious, but my resting heart rate is low and I haven't had serious side effects from other meds or peps, so I'll likely try it at some point — either stacked with tirz or as part of maintenance later. I thought about CJC/IPA instead of Tesa if I went that route, but most people seem to think Tesa works better and cost isn't a big deal for me. I'm also curious about other peps for support in a few areas, but I don't want to pile on too much at once. Thanks for any input — happy to answer questions.
ABOUT ME: Male in my early 40s, active, but I've dealt with back and foot injuries, high cholesterol, and yeah, being fat. I'm 6 feet tall and have cycled between peak weights around 270 and adult lows of 210-220 more than once. Over the past year or so I've been hitting the weights much harder, put on muscle, and stayed injury-free with decent orthopedic health, but my appetite went up and keeping weight in check got harder. When I saw 265 again around January, I committed to starting tirz. My aim is steady fat loss while holding onto as much muscle as possible.
Below is a quick rundown of my numbers so far, then some thoughts and possible directions.
I usually weigh myself and inject first thing Saturday morning.
Week 1: 2.5 mg / 263.0 lbs
Week 2: 2.5 mg / 257.9 lbs
Week 3: 2.5 mg / 258.6 lbs
Week 4: 2.5 mg / 255.7 lbs
Week 5: 2.5 mg / 254.0 lbs
Week 6: 3.3 mg / 253.4 lbs
Week 7: 3.3 mg / 253.5 lbs
Week 8: 5.0 mg / 252.4 lbs
Week 9: 5.0 mg / 247.0 lbs
Week 10: 5.0 mg / 245.7 lbs
Week 11: 5.0 mg / 245.5 lbs
Week 12: 5.0 mg / 245.4 lbs
Week 13: 7.5 mg / 246.6 lbs
Week 14: 10 mg (split dose) / 243.5 lbs
Week 15: 7.5 mg / 241.0 lbs
Week 16: 7.5 mg / 239.5 lbs
Week 17: 7.5 mg / 235.1 lbs
Week 18: 7.5 mg / 234.2 lbs
Dosing Notes: My plan was to titrate slowly, both to keep costs down and to make it sustainable. I also didn't want to drop weight so fast that I ended up with loose skin or heavy muscle loss. This is just my experience, but smaller steps (like 2.5 to 3.3 mg) didn't seem to bring appetite suppression back, so I dropped that approach and instead moved between the standard doses at the slowest pace that still worked. During a short supply gap in week 14 I tried split dosing on the fly, but it felt about the same — no extra suppression compared to the once-weekly 7.5 mg — so I reverted. I think I'm ready to either go to 10 mg or possibly add 1 mg reta.
Side Effects: My first dose gave me a nasty headache and I felt off for about a day, but after that it's been mostly smooth. I still love food, and tirz doesn't kill my interest in eating or make me want to stop altogether — it just cuts cravings between meals and helps me stop sooner. I still catch myself grabbing snacks around the office, which I think is mostly habit — I snack far less when I'm not at work. I can overeat if I choose to, but indigestion kicks in quickly, so the tirz usually stops me. A few times though, especially later in the week before my next pin, I've still overdone it, particularly with dessert.
Other substance interactions: I haven't seen much talk about this. Tirz seems to raise my alcohol tolerance, probably from slower absorption, and it doesn't seem to make hangovers or recovery worse, so that's a plus. That said, I only drink now and then (1-3 times a month) and rarely heavily (no more than 5-6 drinks, often just 1 or 2). I often take low-dose edibles at night to relax or sleep, and I've read that might dull appetite suppression somewhat, but it's been fine for me so far. I'm beginning to look into peptides for sleep and mood too.
Sourcing: I'm not asking for sources here, but I hope it's fine to mention that I originally got my tirz from a US compounding pharmacy through a local doctor (very expensive), and to cut costs I recently moved to a US-based reseller, which has worked out fine so far. I might go more direct later, but I'm wary of the crypto side of things, and for now the US reseller markup isn't bad enough to outweigh the convenience.
Next Steps:
My target is around 220, maybe 210 if that seems doable once I'm closer. At that point I'll shift to maintenance and recomp. I'm considering a few paths:
1. Stay on plain tirz and bump to 10 mg
2. Add a low dose of reta rather than raising tirz, and see what happens
3. Go to 10 mg tirz and add tesamorelin for recomp / muscle preservation
The heart rate concerns with reta make me a bit cautious, but my resting heart rate is low and I haven't had serious side effects from other meds or peps, so I'll likely try it at some point — either stacked with tirz or as part of maintenance later. I thought about CJC/IPA instead of Tesa if I went that route, but most people seem to think Tesa works better and cost isn't a big deal for me. I'm also curious about other peps for support in a few areas, but I don't want to pile on too much at once. Thanks for any input — happy to answer questions.