Sector said:
swimmer said:
Sector said:
I'll likely take some heat for saying this—but it's honestly strange how much reverence folks give hospira bac water. The way some talk about it, you'd swear it treats cancer.
When you strip it down, it's simply sterile water containing a little benzyl alcohol, and it measures at the right PH.
I get what you mean, but I've seen plenty of reports where costly peptides turned to gel after mixing with the low-cost option. So I reach for it whenever possible. Sure, cutting costs is great, but if a vial gets wrecked, where's the savings?
My line of thinking was more along these lines
Sterile, pharmaceutical-grade water is far simpler to source (and the sterility of that water matters most, since it controls both the pH and the endotoxin content)
In the same way, pharma-grade BA is also quite easy to obtain.
Yet somehow, once you combine the two, it suddenly falls under heavy regulation, while picking them up individually remains incredibly simple. After that, all it takes is some straightforward arithmetic
And because you would likely be mixing up fairly sizable batches, the cash you save could go toward sending a sample out for pH/endotoxin testing, just to confirm everything is above board.
I get that simply purchasing Hospira bac is far less hassle and likely the better route for most people. My real point was that folks tend to regard it as some sacred, untouchable water, when in reality it is among the simplest things to get your hands on.
I believe people end up soured on bac water because they typically think of some UGL bac water that may have flunked a pH/endotoxin report, made with who knows what as the sterile water, which is not what I am proposing. I am still recommending pharmacy-grade sterile water plus pharmacy-grade benzyl alcohol