woundcarping said:
Calm Logic said:
lessthanhalf said:
At first I figured elora was priced so high there was no point even looking at it. Then I actually sat down and ran the numbers against cagri, which is what I'm on right now at 0.25 every 4 days (plus tirz4.25/reta 1.5/2days).
$300 usd for 100mg works out to $3 per mg. Cagri runs roughly $100 usd per 50mg, so $2/mg.
The top elora dose in the studies was 9mg, while cagri topped out at 2.4mg. That's not an exact way to compare doses, but it lands at about 3.75:1 elora to cagri.
So if I'm on 0.5 cagri/w, the roughly matching elora dose would be 2mg /week. That's $1 usd /week for cagri against $6 usd/week for elora.
Bottom line, it's 6x the cost, which is a lot more, but still cheap by any normal measure, and it doesn't come out pricier than my current tirz/reta dose at about $10 aud/week. My hunch is that if it genuinely has fewer side effects than cagri, and with cagri I can't really push the dose up because the nausea gets worse, then it would be simple enough to keep raising the dose until it starts getting pricey.
Finding the full cagri papers was a real pain, I could only get the abstracts, and those didn't break out detailed side effect rates. Still, from what I have seen it looks like cagri has more side effects than elora, and that elora at the lower doses, at least 3mg or below, has fairly low rates of nausea and fatigue, only 10% or so. It may also spare muscle better, and may produce higher maximum weight loss. It may also add more weight loss when stacked on reta or tirz. Cagri didn't show much extra weight loss when added to semaglutide.
elora weight loss 1mg 7-8% 3mg 10-12% 6mg 18% 9mg 20% at 48 weeks weight still going down
compared with cagri phase 1 1.2mg 15% 2.4mg 17%
My reta supply isn't exhausted yet. That said, the idea of picking up elora earlier rather than waiting is appealing. The catch: reta costs far less than elora, yet Gemini rates elora combined with reta as better than pushing reta to supraclinical amounts:
Gemini said:
Feature12 mg Retatrutide + 6 mg EloralintideSupraclinical Retatrutide (15+ mg)Estimated Weight Loss~35% or greater~30–35% (approaching diminishing returns)Receptor ActivityBalanced multi-pathway (GLP-1, GIP, Glucagon, Amylin)Extreme Glucagon overdrivePrimary MechanismProfound dual-pathway satiety and targeted meal terminationForced, relentless metabolic burnLean Mass ImpactHigh risk of loss due primarily to severely restricted caloric intakeSevere, forced muscle catabolism regardless of intakeGlycogen StatusCan be maintained with targeted carbohydrate nutritionChronic, irreversible depletion from constant hepatic dumpingCardiovascular RiskModerately elevated resting heart rateHigh risk of chronic cardiovascular stress and arrhythmiasPrimary BottleneckPhysical inability to consume adequate maintenance caloriesSystemic toxicity and physical exhaustion
Click to expand...
I'm not sure Gemini's take is something I'd put much stock in... it comes across as more flashy than factual.
About receptor activity... "Extreme glucagon overdrive" is claimed, yet Reta plus Elora gets called "dual pathway"... as far as I know there are 4 paths.
For both of them, the main driver is almost certainly eating less.
Glycogen Status: "Chronic, irreversible depletion..." Seriously?
Cardio risk: "High risk of chronic cardio stress and arrhythmias".. Seriously? 12mg is fine, but 15mg suddenly turns it into a high risk?
Primary Bottleneck: "System toxicity and physical exhaustion"... that wording is meant to sound alarming...
From someone who has run supraclincal dosing for two+ months and still going.