Will high temperatures damage the pep during shipping?

I'm after the same answer as well. A Reta kit of mine ended up out on the porch for 1 day until I was able to grab it.
 
I really don't think the Chinese warehouses where they're kept or the shipping containers are temperature-controlled, so I wouldn't stress about it. In my opinion, lyophilized peptides can take more than most people give them credit for. Once they're reconstituted, though... that's a whole different situation.
 
Mood said:

I really don't think the Chinese warehouses where they're kept or the shipping containers are temperature-controlled, so I wouldn't stress about it. In my opinion, lyophilized peptides can take more than most people give them credit for. Once they're reconstituted, though... that's a whole different situation.
I do my best to bring the peps indoors fast, but since lyophilization uses both heat and cold during manufacturing, I figure it's probably fine...
 
During lyophilization they already face certain heat levels. The real harm comes from subjecting them to repeated swings between frozen and 120 degrees
 
Nope. I've never seen a problem, even though there's no refrigeration from the time it departs the manufacturer until it reaches my mailbox at 95* in direct sun, then waits in my 90* garage before I get around to labeling it.
 
I had that exact worry when I raced home to get my 1st order into the freezer right away. Then it hit me — my local postie certainly wasn't driving it around in a chilled van the whole way from a temperature-controlled facility. So now I don't hurry quite as much 🤣
 
Flash-BCR said:

Mood said:

I really don't think the Chinese warehouses where they're kept or the shipping containers are temperature-controlled, so I wouldn't stress about it. In my opinion, lyophilized peptides can take more than most people give them credit for. Once they're reconstituted, though... that's a whole different situation.
I do my best to bring the peps indoors fast, but since lyophilization uses both heat and cold during manufacturing, I figure it's probably fine...
That answer is correct.
 
iwillloseweight said:

This may sound like a dumb question, but when it's really hot outside, does the heat ruin the quality if we place orders right now?
Condensation could form within the vial, though that would require either harsh direct sun exposure or very high humidity.
 
At heat levels sufficient to cook an egg — roughly 55-60 °C / 130-140 °F — they will break down substantially.

Unlike egg white coagulation, peptides lack quaternary structure. What happens instead is that the peptide bonds start to cleave, and there may also be oxidation or side reactions involving the leftover 2-3% water. Once you go past 80°C/175°F, they are unquestionably cooked.

As with boiling eggs or grilling, this isn't instantaneous. Degradation doesn't hit everything simultaneously, and it requires "a certain amount of time."

Suppose the package sat in my mailbox for several hours at 45+°C, the way it is today — I'd figure I lost 20% and run a first pin just to check. Given that vials frequently come overfilled by 20%, I wouldn't waste time calculating. Geronimo!
 
If those peptides really are in sweltering Chinese warehouses at this moment, then me trying to "get them inside the house fast" feels a bit like a joke.
 
Back
Top