Wife's global entry revoked

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
We couldn't approve your review since it wasn't submitted using the required template. That said, even if it had been, pinning a seizure on the vendor isn't fair or appropriate unless they did something egregiously wrong that directly led to it. Any order placed with an overseas vendor comes with the possibility of seizure, and although what happened to your wife is unfortunate, claiming a particular vendor caused it is, at best, a stretch.
 
HARLEYV2 said:

nitetrak said:

HARLEYV2 said:

bay_area_schizo said:

BigRed1 said:

That's exactly why I only use sellers with a US warehouse, plus GBs that offer reshipping.

I got lucky and wasn't caught, but my most recent package from China sat in customs for 2 months, so I figured I was done for.
Do US warehouses charge more? I'm curious whether ordering from a US warehouse costs extra compared to a CN one.
Indeed, that distinction exists, and inventory at US Warehouses depletes quite often.
Buying from a US warehouse isn't something I'll do—I'm too frugal. For the items I'm after, some kits cost twice as much, or at minimum $100 extra. I've got a customs strategy set up, and I'm hoping it holds.

From CN, I paid $155 for a T60; at a US warehouse it's above $300.

From CN, I paid $245 for an R60; at a US warehouse it's above $400.

That's just not happening.
The upside is that shipping from the US costs slightly less than from China.
I only buy the minimum needed to hit the free shipping threshold.

One time I added BAC from a vendor just to push the total up by another $10 so it would qualify.

I did admit I'm cheap... which is why I won't pay for shipping.
 
PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
Honestly, not exactly. Global Entry along with TSA PreCheck are extremely, extremely strict. It's unfortunate, yet that's just how it is.
 
lastresort said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
Honestly, not exactly. Global Entry along with TSA PreCheck are extremely, extremely strict. It's unfortunate, yet that's just how it is.
Getting turned away at the border for smuggling contraband taped to your legs? That I can understand. But her Global Entry being pulled over a package that just happened to get intercepted and was sent to her address? SMH no.
 
PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
How exactly is customs overstepping when it's enforcing a law that falls under its own jurisdiction?

Anyone who orders peps without the correct documentation is doing precisely this.

Thinking about it more, complaining about this is like calling it overreach when someone loses their driver's license after a DUI. Moving goods across borders without a license or Rx is against the law, and not knowing the law doesn't get you off the hook.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
Yeah, she asked for a "second look." The worst that happens is they deny it and the revocation stands. That's not a huge deal. The real problem would be if her passport got revoked somehow, but that hasn't happened, and with any luck it never will.

In that case, will the peptides be resent to you? If yes, what's your plan for dealing with it?
The fallout has already occurred… may as well put the next one under her name
 
nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
How exactly is customs overstepping when it's enforcing a law that falls under its own jurisdiction?

Anyone who orders peps without the correct documentation is doing precisely this.

Thinking about it more, complaining about this is like calling it overreach when someone loses their driver's license after a DUI. Moving goods across borders without a license or Rx is against the law, and not knowing the law doesn't get you off the hook.
I've also heard that purchasing Temu items from China alone has led to GE being revoked. GE is treated as a privilege, and it can be removed for absolutely any reason.
 
cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
How exactly is customs overstepping when it's enforcing a law that falls under its own jurisdiction?

Anyone who orders peps without the correct documentation is doing precisely this.

Thinking about it more, complaining about this is like calling it overreach when someone loses their driver's license after a DUI. Moving goods across borders without a license or Rx is against the law, and not knowing the law doesn't get you off the hook.
I've also heard that purchasing Temu items from China alone has led to GE being revoked. GE is treated as a privilege, and it can be removed for absolutely any reason.
and my PayPal account, which I had from nearly day 1, got shut down because I made a single crypto payment for gray. I'm still waiting to find out whether they'll take the $100 that was sitting in it. ...I'm curious whether the same thing could happen with GE.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
Yeah, she asked for a "second look." The worst that happens is they deny it and the revocation stands. That's not a huge deal. The real problem would be if her passport got revoked somehow, but that hasn't happened, and with any luck it never will.

In that case, will the peptides be resent to you? If yes, what's your plan for dealing with it?
I am not. Since April we've been coping with this, and we already had a reship done once. Both the first order and the replacement were seized.

ZippityDooDah said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
We couldn't approve your review since it wasn't submitted using the required template. That said, even if it had been, pinning a seizure on the vendor isn't fair or appropriate unless they did something egregiously wrong that directly led to it. Any order placed with an overseas vendor comes with the possibility of seizure, and although what happened to your wife is unfortunate, claiming a particular vendor caused it is, at best, a stretch.

No worries, the only reason I named the vendor is that when they resent the package from the first seizure, they used the same method, so the second one got seized too.
 
Sounds suspicious if you ask me.

What better method to take revenge on people you don't like--simply enroll them to get medications shipped from China? That strikes me as something wide open to abuse.
 
PurpleSage said:

lastresort said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
Honestly, not exactly. Global Entry along with TSA PreCheck are extremely, extremely strict. It's unfortunate, yet that's just how it is.
Getting turned away at the border for smuggling contraband taped to your legs? That I can understand. But her Global Entry being pulled over a package that just happened to get intercepted and was sent to her address? SMH no.

Yes, I'm with you on that.
 
nitetrak said:

PurpleSage said:

That is a frightening overreach, and I am truly sorry to read this. 😢
How exactly is customs overstepping when it's enforcing a law that falls under its own jurisdiction?

Anyone who orders peps without the correct documentation is doing precisely this.

Thinking about it more, complaining about this is like calling it overreach when someone loses their driver's license after a DUI. Moving goods across borders without a license or Rx is against the law, and not knowing the law doesn't get you off the hook.
Your comparison to DUI makes sense to me. What I hadn't realized was that "not FDA approved" could also carry the meaning "illegal". I'll keep looking into the gray area and adjust my choices based on what I find.
 
Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
Yeah, she asked for a "second look." The worst that happens is they deny it and the revocation stands. That's not a huge deal. The real problem would be if her passport got revoked somehow, but that hasn't happened, and with any luck it never will.

In that case, will the peptides be resent to you? If yes, what's your plan for dealing with it?
I am not. Since April we've been coping with this, and we already had a reship done once. Both the first order and the replacement were seized.

ZippityDooDah said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
We couldn't approve your review since it wasn't submitted using the required template. That said, even if it had been, pinning a seizure on the vendor isn't fair or appropriate unless they did something egregiously wrong that directly led to it. Any order placed with an overseas vendor comes with the possibility of seizure, and although what happened to your wife is unfortunate, claiming a particular vendor caused it is, at best, a stretch.

No worries, the only reason I named the vendor is that when they resent the package from the first seizure, they used the same method, so the second one got seized too.
Which vendor was it? That's unbelievable.
 
Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
Was a seizure letter sent to her before this?

Not long ago, customs sent me a letter saying they had taken $900 worth of HGH. That makes no sense to me, since I never ordered HGH, and every item I did order arrived. I'm not going to answer that letter. Instead, I'll simply wait and watch what unfolds. Losing my global entry would really upset me, but I'll accept whatever comes from it.
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
Yeah, she asked for a "second look." The worst that happens is they deny it and the revocation stands. That's not a huge deal. The real problem would be if her passport got revoked somehow, but that hasn't happened, and with any luck it never will.

In that case, will the peptides be resent to you? If yes, what's your plan for dealing with it?
I am not. Since April we've been coping with this, and we already had a reship done once. Both the first order and the replacement were seized.

ZippityDooDah said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
We couldn't approve your review since it wasn't submitted using the required template. That said, even if it had been, pinning a seizure on the vendor isn't fair or appropriate unless they did something egregiously wrong that directly led to it. Any order placed with an overseas vendor comes with the possibility of seizure, and although what happened to your wife is unfortunate, claiming a particular vendor caused it is, at best, a stretch.

No worries, the only reason I named the vendor is that when they resent the package from the first seizure, they used the same method, so the second one got seized too.
Which vendor was it? That's unbelievable.
I don't know whether this is permitted, but assuming it is, I'll share the details with everyone.

Griffwisha said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
Was a seizure letter sent to her before this?

Not long ago, customs sent me a letter saying they had taken $900 worth of HGH. That makes no sense to me, since I never ordered HGH, and every item I did order arrived. I'm not going to answer that letter. Instead, I'll simply wait and watch what unfolds. Losing my global entry would really upset me, but I'll accept whatever comes from it.
So far no letter has arrived. The only thing we got was the email from cbp stating that her member status had been changed.
 
Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Mochizuki0124 said:

Whiynot20026 said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
That's really unfair to your wife. Contesting it seems worth a shot if that option exists.

Bill

At times, is it truly worth provoking trouble? Before long, every one of your packages could end up stuck, and every order you sent before might be pulled for inspection.
I understand. Customs is aware of what we're up to. Even so, you could play dumb and apologize. Claim you had no idea. It's likely a wasted effort.
Yeah, she asked for a "second look." The worst that happens is they deny it and the revocation stands. That's not a huge deal. The real problem would be if her passport got revoked somehow, but that hasn't happened, and with any luck it never will.

In that case, will the peptides be resent to you? If yes, what's your plan for dealing with it?
I am not. Since April we've been coping with this, and we already had a reship done once. Both the first order and the replacement were seized.

ZippityDooDah said:

Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
We couldn't approve your review since it wasn't submitted using the required template. That said, even if it had been, pinning a seizure on the vendor isn't fair or appropriate unless they did something egregiously wrong that directly led to it. Any order placed with an overseas vendor comes with the possibility of seizure, and although what happened to your wife is unfortunate, claiming a particular vendor caused it is, at best, a stretch.

No worries, the only reason I named the vendor is that when they resent the package from the first seizure, they used the same method, so the second one got seized too.
Roughly 12 months back, the FedEx Mailbox option was brought up by a different member, after his name/address got flagged.

From what I understand, inspections only hit a small share of packages, and pairing that with certain shipping approaches reduces the chance of seizures.

As for whether your name/address is flagged, I have no way of knowing.

What I can share is that after a seizure, I held off for many months before placing another order, despite the vendor offering a reship. Eventually my order arrived.

my 2 cents..
 
Skidude said:

can file a DBA in OKC then open a mailbox at fedex location , not usps, under business name "Bsqueezin"

Address: Bsqueezin Receivables

just a thought..

Registering a DBA (formally known as a Trade Name) with the Oklahoma Secretary of State in Oklahoma City carries a flat $25 charge. Oklahoma DBAs never lapse, so no renewal payments come due later. [1, 2]

Either handle the paperwork on your own or pay a filing service to do it: [1, 2]

DIY Option

  • State Filing Fee: $25 (one-time)
  • How to file: Submission can be done online or through the mail. Through the Oklahoma Secretary of State portal, online submissions generally take 2-3 business days to process. [1, 2]
The one problem I have is that my home is a smaller town in Southern Oklahoma, and there is no FedEx hub located in our city. The nearest one sits in a different city roughly an hour away. Even so, if packages can arrive there without ever touching my address, it could still be worth doing.
 
Bsqueezin said:

Skidude said:

can file a DBA in OKC then open a mailbox at fedex location , not usps, under business name "Bsqueezin"

Address: Bsqueezin Receivables

just a thought..

Registering a DBA (formally known as a Trade Name) with the Oklahoma Secretary of State in Oklahoma City carries a flat $25 charge. Oklahoma DBAs never lapse, so no renewal payments come due later. [1, 2]

Either handle the paperwork on your own or pay a filing service to do it: [1, 2]

DIY Option

  • State Filing Fee: $25 (one-time)
  • How to file: Submission can be done online or through the mail. Through the Oklahoma Secretary of State portal, online submissions generally take 2-3 business days to process. [1, 2]
The one problem I have is that my home is a smaller town in Southern Oklahoma, and there is no FedEx hub located in our city. The nearest one sits in a different city roughly an hour away. Even so, if packages can arrive there without ever touching my address, it could still be worth doing.
It might be a good idea to check whether anyone else can weigh in on this — there are people in the community who have dealt with something similar. The person who brought it up previously hasn't visited in some time.

@Calm Logic might have some thoughts once he's available, or maybe others will chime in.

In my view, this definitely seems like something worth looking into.
 
Bsqueezin said:

An email arrived today notifying us that my wife's Global Entry was taken away, and the reason given was that a well-known vendor on this site had shipments intercepted. So anyone holding trusted traveler status should be extremely cautious. I already put something in the vendor review area since this has been dragging on since April, but it hasn't cleared moderation yet.

I just wanted to warn people ahead of that. We realize we accepted the risk, and it was only a small order, but it still stinks.
A few days back, someone on Reddit shared this. He comes across as fairly knowledgeable:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalEntry/comments/1uio09i/selfvetting_questions_before_you_apply_for_global/

It's a lengthy piece in which he goes through more than 30 factors across 9 distinct headings (1-9) that could lead to a red or yellow flag for Global Entry. The key details, though, sit under heading #5:

For each point, I've noted the weight it usually carries. These are just my own informal tags for self-evaluation — CBP doesn't release a scoring rubric, and outcomes are discretionary.

  • [Baseline] standard, seldom an issue by itself
  • [Look] might cause delays or require paperwork
  • [Serious] often linked to rejections — collect documents, possibly consult a lawyer
  • [Stop] the patterns that most consistently kill an application

5. Customs / immigration / agriculture violations

  • [Stop] Ever found in violation of customs, immigration, or agriculture law in any country — clearly spelled out, and people greatly undervalue it.
  • [Serious] Ever paid a port-of-entry fine or had goods seized — undeclared items, over-limit currency, prohibited ag products, counterfeits. Even minor penalties come to light.
 
Her global entry being revoked doesn't really bother me. Sure, it's a bad outcome, but the possibility was on our radar going in. What actually irritates me is that the vendor shipped it along the identical path as the earlier package that got confiscated.

If her passport were to be invalidated, that would worry me far more. From what I've come across, though, that would require an extreme situation, not merely small packages for personal use.
 
Back
Top